Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Any Geezers a Go-Gaia Geezer? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:17 am
Well not only am I a geezer, but I am a geezer from the Go-Gaia.com generation.I was wondering if anyone else has been there THAT long.My first account was back when halos were only 3k and that sounded like a lot of money.Anyone else from back in the day and would like to vent or reflect on the good ol' days?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:41 pm
I remember the Go-Gaia days, with the links list and the dreaded "Personals" section that got really, really creepy.  

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150

Lil-Jo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:43 pm
Oct. 2004... after the Go-Gaia times.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:08 pm
July 2007, so no I'm not a Go-Gaian. ^^;  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Karill

Tipsy Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:35 pm
Hellz ya, I'm a Go-Gaian! September '03!

lostphrack
I remember the Go-Gaia days, with the links list and the dreaded "Personals" section that got really, really creepy.

gonk Yeaaah. I may not like all the changes Gaia's gone through since the old days, but I *really* don't miss the Personals. I went there a grand total of once, was ,more then a little frightened, and never returned.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:07 pm
Go Gaia? What's that?  

akageoffrey

3,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Lycangoddess

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:02 am
Go-Gaia! The original site, with no games, no frills, and all you could really do to earn gold was post in forums... *sigh* there are somethings I do miss... like simplicity of the site, no cluttering ads or distractions. But on teh other hand, it was a little too cut down at times, and if you couldn't find anyplace to post, you were kinda screwed for gold.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:47 am
2007 member here  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

Elspeth Telrunya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:58 am
Ok this is really gonna show my gaia age. June 2003 proud go gaian heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:49 am
Yeah =] This is my mule, my main ava is Sprack, but since i've sort of "rejoined" Gaia after about a 2 year hiatus I decided to retire Sprack and play Sprackdoll full time only. So shes become my main.

Sprack joined.. like april.. or may.. somewhere around those months in 'o3

I used to hang out in GD, but now it's gone to s**t.

I do enjoy the games though I have to say. So much easier to make money now days.  

Symautica

Sparkly Fairy

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:59 pm
Karill

lostphrack

gonk Yeaaah. I may not like all the changes Gaia's gone through since the old days, but I *really* don't miss the Personals. I went there a grand total of once, was ,more then a little frightened, and never returned.

Getting rid of the Personals was definitely one of their better decisions. Plus it probably helped them avoid a future lawsuit or something.

Speaking of older things.. I'm kind of surprised that they haven't tried to bring back the old pink links.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:23 pm
lostphrack
Karill

lostphrack

Getting rid of the Personals was definitely one of their better decisions. Plus it probably helped them avoid a future lawsuit or something.

Speaking of older things.. I'm kind of surprised that they haven't tried to bring back the old pink links.
So the pink links are gone? I was wondering about those....

I joined back in 2003 (my original got hacked) when it was go-gaia.com. I miss that simple name....the personals were weird.....but do you really think it cuts down on cybering? I hate going into the games to here people propositioning each other for cybering.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Creepy Clown Town

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:56 pm
back when it was go-gaia it was a lot harder to get good items so it was something to be proud of.Though the personals were creepy at least there was a place to put the filth instead of chatterbox.Oh, and there was not nearly as many trolls or retarded people as there is now.Everyone was quite bearable back then  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:55 am
Vengence of Areashine
So the pink links are gone? I was wondering about those....

I joined back in 2003 (my original got hacked) when it was go-gaia.com. I miss that simple name....the personals were weird.....but do you really think it cuts down on cybering? I hate going into the games to here people propositioning each other for cybering.

Yep, from everything I've heard the pink links are gone. sad They were a nice quick way to get a few grand too. Ah well.

Well, the personals had problems beyond the cybering. Towards the end people were basically.. well... There were "girls" (I wouldn't be shocked to discover some where guys scamming) offering nude photo's, camsex, phone sex, etc. in return for gold. It was really skeezy and creepy and just flat our wrong.

They also had some ebay related problems back in the day too. I remember folks trying to sell items and gold on ebay. They didn't go over very well either.

Ergh, enough about the darkside of early Gaia..

I liked the old Udon forum. It was a bit of a shame to see it finally pulled from the site. Have to admit though, I don't think I ever saw any of the Udon crew posting here.

I liked the ED back then too. I remember talking to someone for a while about Gnosticism and getting a HUGE reading list from him. Sadly my old computer died and when I got back on months later the thread was gone and I couldn't remember his user name.

Haha... and when the servers kept crashing and you had to use the different names for each to get on. Rinoa.go-gaia.com etc. that was nutty.  

lostphrack

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:43 am
I remember people paying gold for, er, sexual favors. Definitely creepy.....

I do remember saving up my gold for high quality items and being really proud of it, but nowadays, it seems to easy for some of it as long as you drop the money to do it.

Do you remember the pass you had to get in order to use the marketplace? I like that better than this percentage off deal now.

I spent a lot of time on ED back in the day, but then people who knew nothing about the topics would just scum it up.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff