Am I genger?
  Yes
  No, more of a brown
  At least you have a mole
View Results

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 pm
The writer of Brisinger is a fan of Dr. Who.

If you haven't read it, and want to wait for some form of information till you have, feel free to stop reading now.

Inside the book two of his characters started talking about "The Lonely God." In the back of the book it is admitted that the reference was referring to the Doctor. Saying that there is every chance that he had visited that world before.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:15 pm
Oh woah that's awesome... I haven't read Brisingr yet, so you might want to put a bit of a spoiler warning for the next person, but wow

I like Paolini's books but not as much as I like my other... nerd... enterprises. I think his books are basically a compilation of all of his own nerdy loves, and there's nothing really original. He took starwars, hamlet, lord of the rings, and now... doctor who and added dragons. Yet, I still enjoy it. At least it isn't Twilight.

YAY DOCTOR GOIN' AROUND PLACES  

CrystalGazer

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:24 pm
I don't think so. I didn't say who, when or where. So, it's not really a spoiler when it's not even a part of the plot. Just a brief conversation. Hmm. I just might just go ahead though.

One other thing. You better hope that no Twilight fans see that you said that. I've met one.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:11 pm
Haha, no worries, and I know plenty. Its a shallow book, a really long fanfic starring a mary sue. There is no way one can argue that.

Srsly, even half of the ones I know admits that it sucks. It only makes them feel less lonely and its addicting because of Edward or Jacob- and Bella is just plain old whiny.  

CrystalGazer

Dante Alicheery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:03 pm
Yey, Doctor Who references! Simon R Green does them a lot too- especially in his Nightside series. 3nodding I love it when it happens. Makes me squeal.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Paolini or horse-n-sword stories in general. After awhile, they all become the same formula, normal boy becomes somehow extraordinary via some type of item or prophacy and then must go save the world from something. It gets kind of boring after a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:03 pm
Triska
I don't think so. I didn't say who, when or where. So, it's not really a spoiler when it's not even a part of the plot. Just a brief conversation. Hmm. I just might just go ahead though.

One other thing. You better hope that no Twilight fans see that you said that. I've met one.

Its true. O_O They're rabid.  

Dante Alicheery

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:40 pm
Lupine Eyes
Yey, Doctor Who references! Simon R Green does them a lot too- especially in his Nightside series. 3nodding I love it when it happens. Makes me squeal.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Paolini or horse-n-sword stories in general. After awhile, they all become the same formula, normal boy becomes somehow extraordinary via some type of item or prophacy and then must go save the world from something. It gets kind of boring after a while.

You even have that with Harry Potter.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff