Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply ®
Glad I never celebrated having 70,000 members...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Obligatory
  gold
View Results

engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:03 pm
So, Gaia is updating the guilds and so far, the big change that's noticeable is that the member number will reflect the actual number of members, not members who used to be around and left the guild or were expelled...

I think it is taking awhile to percolate down through all the guilds though. One of my little guilds still lists 229 members but really has less than 180.

Comments?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:09 pm
can i just say... thats really interesting?  

blood filled cries

The Name of the Rose
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:49 pm
blood filled cries
can i just say... thats really interesting?

Lol... probably more interesting to guild captains than anyone else.

Let's just hope they unveil some real improvements to the guilds, and not just little clean-up stuff like what engi wrote about.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:27 am
do u expell a lot of people sweatdrop User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Earth Sensei

The Name of the Rose
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:25 am
Engi doesn't expel people unless they really goof up big time. In which case, Gaia is probably going to ban them anyway. But there have been times in the past where mass bannings occurred. This is a very old guild. It's guild #247, so it went through incarnations before being Reality. Captains often empty a guild before selling or redoing it to be a different type.

And there was that one time when a previous captain managed to alienate a good number of people by what he put on the homepage, and they quit. So I think those are the reasons why the number of members went down so much. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15 am
So... we don't know exactly yet how many members we have? (Or has the change already been in effect? I didn't notice sweatdrop )  

Mana Catsune

Cat

15,950 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Comic Hunter

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:21 pm
I was wondering about that. I noticed that one of my other guilds had a big drop. It worried me that a bunch of people may have quit.

It really makes sense that banned accounts would be deleted.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:05 pm
I like it. it means that instead of sowing how popular the guild once was, it shows how popular the guild actually is.

I'm a little less happy about how little the funds count is worth. (I've always thought it should be exponential since that's a lot of gold that can't be touched for anything but subforums.)  

ZOMG_TEH_ZOMBEH

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff