Submit

Our generation rules!
And you know it!
100%
 100%  [ 181 ]
Total Votes : 181

Crystalwolf78

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 am
everyone says i look early 20's im 30 idk if thats good but my mom has the same thing i looked older when i was younger now its im younger looking when im older my mom is 55 people think shes 38 or early 40's  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:24 am
The last time I was carded for anything was last spring, but since I don't drink or smoke I wouldn't get regular assessments of my over21ness...

My beautiful bride doesn't look her age either. The last time we were out she got carded but I think that guy was doing more flirting than checking... he probably wanted her address more than anything... But I can't blame him, he's a guy and she's a hottie!!

Malheureux
Crew

Dragon student

Dangerous Survivor

9,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:42 pm
I'm 24, look about 15, and sound (on the phone) about 9.

I'm so confused about my age!!! gonk xd xd

I bring up how young I sound because I work in a call center for Customer Care for a cell phone company and everyone I talk to says that.

Once when I was 16 and working in a care home (there's some irony here somewhere), one of the 90-something old men thought I was in my mid 20's and wanted a kiss. Old men playas are funny--and a little creepy.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:59 pm
i'm 28, but i look 20. my mom says i should be happy that i look so young but sometimes it's kinda annoying. i tried to buy a cd for my sister last christmas and the lady wouldn't sell it to me cause it had a parental advisory sticker on it. i was like are you kidding and she said nope. then i asked her how old she thought i was and she said 14. i almost fell on the floor. my mom was with me and she looked at the lady like she had 12 heads. when my mom told her how old i was, the lady looked so shocked. she sold me the cd of course.

i don't think anyone takes me seriously at work cause i look so young. i'm older than my freakin supervisor stare

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

Serenity Celestial

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:34 pm
I have been told I look and sound like i am 17...I am 22..23 in three months...
Oh to be 17 again D: lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:17 pm
I look way younger then I look. Typically people just guess older if they are able to watch me and my mannerisms.. but i've passed for 17-  

Dr. Acula

Blessed Bloodsucker

6,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:59 pm
I'm 22, but on occasion I have been mistaken to young as 16 to 17. Still don't know how that happens, and I was always tall for my age. You would think the opposite, but still. That...and some people I've even known for months assume that my little sister is older than me. I'm both taller and older than her...and they still think she's older? I don't get it. Still slightly annoying.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:04 pm
I'm 24 and I think I look my age but sometimes people think I look under 18. I take it as a compliment, though. One of my friends is 27 almost but she really looks like she could be 14. I told her the perfect job would be hooking up with a local police department and doing one of those Catch the online pervert things like they have on Dateline or something.  

WriterPrincess1984

Lil_Miss_Cut_and_Paste

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:09 pm
I get the same thing all the time. I'm 28, and no one believes it most of the time. The funniest was when I went to apply for a part time job (as a second job) when I was 19. The manager looked at my application, looked at me, looked at my application again, and laughed. Then he told me that he thought I was only 14.

...the best part? I was in there all the time buying lunch and gas for my car... it was a Wawa! ^__^  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:43 pm
I'm 37 but still get carded for booze (21)- and I try not to get offended. My husband says I should be happy, but part of me thinks I EARNED my age and get in a tiff when I get carded, or people say I look like I'm in my 20s. I always challenge the guy behind the counter who cards me for alcohol "How old do you THINK I am?"

I've found more and more users on Gaia who are in their 30s, and its great to see fellow users in the same demographic.

I love having this guild, and when I see too many pages of misspellings on the site, I always come back here to bring me back to my happy place.  

wesden

6,050 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100

orchidkids

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm
Here's a 21 year old who gets told on a regular basis she looks 15. That really burns. It's really nice to see I'm not alone.
Yes, I know when I'm 30 I'll probably like looking younger, but getting carded for a rated-R movie is really a bummer.
Glad to see older people on gaia!
biggrin  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas