Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
Who has pets?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mana-chuu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:53 pm
I always wanted a raccoon when I was a kid. One of my favorite books that I read over and over was Rascal (about a boy and his pet raccoon) ^_^

For some reason, after I got rats I stopped wanting tons of different types of pets. I think a cat, a dog, and my rats would be perfect biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:22 pm
I have two rabbits (Davey and Bugs), a guinea pig (Rosie), a dwarf hamster (Blackberry) and fish. I used to have a dog sad Her name was Lisa. She was a Miniature American Eskimo, we had to put her down in March she was 16.  

Sapphire Waterlilly

obe1ball

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:12 pm
When i was growing up we had 2 dogs and 3 cats! Now i just have some fish! When the wife and i move into our house we r building we r planning on getting at least a dog! maybe some other kinds of pets later on question  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:30 am
When I was very little, we had a red setter for a while. But it turned out that asking my mother to cope with a toddler and a red setter all day by herself was a bit harsh. Anyone who's had a red setter will know how lively they are! So he went back to the breeder from whom we bought him.

I had a canary when I was younger; he used to sing to Formula 1 racing and Meat Loaf in particular smile

My brother at that point had a hamster.

After them, we didn't have pets. My parents work full time; my brother and I were at school all day, you couldn't really have a dog and leave it by itself all that time. And my dad hates cats.

I'm not a fan of cats, but now I live by myself, I've been vaguely considering getting one (at least once I buy a house rather than a flat!). I'd like a cat that will show affection, rather than be stand-offish. A stand-offish cat would be no use to me at all - I'd want a lap cat, really smile

I would absolutely love to have a dog, but the same problems apply - I work all day (plus right now I live in a flat). If I ever win the lottery, I will move to a bigger house and get a German Shepherd and maybe a mountain dog (possibly Caucasian) or a Newfoundland.

DW  

Warnersister

Hanamura-sensei

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:55 am
Wow, some of you seem to have mini zoo's at home...lol

Well, I used to have 8 fancy goldfish, but they got white spot a couple of weeks ago and only 4 survived.
Momo and Leeloo died through white spot and Smeagul and Bubbels died of ammonia poisoning...I was gutted.
We theoretical also have a dog in the family now, but she is still living with my partners mother, because I don't trust a 9 year old bull terrier anywhere near my 11 month old son, no matter how many times my partner tells me that she would never bite....plus my oldest developed a phobia to dogs when he was 14 and wouldn't stay alone with one in the room...so it's not really fair to bring a dog into a family where she isn't really wanted...but try telling that my partner....*rolls eyes*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:08 am
Warnersister
When I was very little, we had a red setter for a while. But it turned out that asking my mother to cope with a toddler and a red setter all day by herself was a bit harsh. Anyone who's had a red setter will know how lively they are! So he went back to the breeder from whom we bought him.

I had a canary when I was younger; he used to sing to Formula 1 racing and Meat Loaf in particular smile

My brother at that point had a hamster.

After them, we didn't have pets. My parents work full time; my brother and I were at school all day, you couldn't really have a dog and leave it by itself all that time. And my dad hates cats.

I'm not a fan of cats, but now I live by myself, I've been vaguely considering getting one (at least once I buy a house rather than a flat!). I'd like a cat that will show affection, rather than be stand-offish. A stand-offish cat would be no use to me at all - I'd want a lap cat, really smile

I would absolutely love to have a dog, but the same problems apply - I work all day (plus right now I live in a flat). If I ever win the lottery, I will move to a bigger house and get a German Shepherd and maybe a mountain dog (possibly Caucasian) or a Newfoundland.

DW

Oh yes, Irish Setters (or any Setter for that matter) are rambuncious dogs. I'm looking into getting a white German Shepard to stay with me in my apartment during college next semester. I hate to do that to any dog, but I need a companion that can actually protect me on my long walks in a fairly dangerouse city, and Germans are fairly inactive big dogs. I'd love to take one of my Gordons with me, but they just wouldn't be able to handle being cooped up.

And Newfoundlands are the sweetest dogs! Just make sure you live by water... They could live in an apartment, as long as you take them to somewhere they can swim weekly. They love to save 'drowning' people. (can you tell I used to train dogs?)  

charamath

Amotas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:09 am
i have 1 peremant dog, and one part time dog, hamster, a tank full of fish and 1 part time parrott...

i say part time becuase we like pet sit them... for weeks at a time... so there are here as much as there not...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:20 am
We have a cat. Isis... she's not really a pet. She's more like a housemate...who pays no rent. Not really the type of kitty I like, but she was my husband's before I and the baby cane along so there's no getting rid of her. Plus the fact that she's not bad or mean or dangerous, just a cold little b***h of a cat.  

Spotty-Chan

Lady Asherat

Eloquent Elocutionist

2,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:15 am
I have 2 extremely obese and beautiful cats whom I love and adore as though they were my own offspring. 4laugh 4laugh

I also love all manners of animals, excluding insects (I guess I'm discriminating). I usually have birds, but none at the moment...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:16 am
I have 5 cats & a possum that likes to visit every once in a while to eat the cats food..who knew..lol~  

Misty Marina

Hyung Horangi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:29 am
we have 3 dogs right now. an irish terrier, a daschund, and a native hehe  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 am
I have had multiple pets at various and overlapping times in my life. This list includes several dogs, cats, hamsters and multiple fish.

1) Dachshund (a wiener dog) named Link, 13 years.
2) Schnauzer (dog) named Gus, 16 years.
3) Calico (cat) named Tinker Belle, 18 years.
4) Two gray hamsters, brothers named Star and Comet, 5 and 7 years.
5) Cocker Spaniel/Poodle mix (dog) named Ginger, 15 years.
6) Lilac Tipped Siamese mix (cat) named Kyo, so far he's an estimated 8 years old and is still going strong.
7) an unknown number of assorted fish to include Gold fish, Tetra's and "algae eaters".

I've always had pets, and will continue to have them in my life for as long as I can! heart  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Crew

Sparkly Fairy

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:40 pm
Well I only have 2 pets my dog and a gold fish I used to have a squirrel too but I let it go

User Image
(here is my dog with the squirrel)

User Image
(my doggie heart )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:46 pm
How was the squirrel for a pet?  

charamath

Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash