Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Hades: Where is the Love? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Hades can be trusted?
  Totally
  NO WAY
  Sometimes
  Other (WHAT "OTHER" CAN THERE BE???)
View Results

Azeriala

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm
To be honest I think every God or Goddess, is kinda half and half.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:22 pm
Hades is my most favorite of the Gods.
[[ In PJO ]] The way he is described, tall, pale, and has long jet-black hair makes me think of Michael Jackson. gonk

rostrotten

Questionable Wildcat

26,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Contentious Pest Control 150

DeleteThisInactiveAccount

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:15 pm
Azeriala
To be honest I think every God or Goddess, is kinda half and half.

That about sums it up, and that gos for the rest of Greek Mythology too. But if you HAD to pick, Hades would probably be one of the more decent people.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:24 pm
Thank you for all the replies! mrgreen
I understand your perspectives which is all cool and all so like YEAH! mrgreen mrgreen  

Kenamarin_Shukai

Kallistea_Rose

2,950 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:08 pm
xX_FlyFlySoul_Xx
[[ In PJO ]] The way he is described, tall, pale, and has long jet-black hair makes me think of Michael Jackson. gonk
Ah, did not want that image. gonk I always imagined that in PJO he'd have a nose.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:26 pm
Xo-Rose_Toranaga-oX
xX_FlyFlySoul_Xx
Ah, did not want that image. gonk I always imagined that in PJO he'd have a nose.

Yes.
Thank you for the images!!  

Kenamarin_Shukai

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 pm
Awww Hades. I really think Hades is one of the most interesting characters in Greek mythology. He also gets a bad reputation in modern days because of the way we view relationships and what is and isn't appropriate. Everyone makes a big deal about him kidnapping Persephone, but what a lot of people don't take into account is that was pretty much what you did in ancient Greece. Women were viewed as objects not people. It's sad, but true. Read the beginning of the Illiad. when Agamemnon takes Achilles' wife, Achilles doesn't get pissed because he loved her. If that had been the case he would have asked his mother to make Agamemnon give her back to him. He's only angry on principle. He has other women and he can always capture more on his heroic conquests.
I think the fact that Hades shows any sort of respect for Persephone as a human being puts him far above a lot of Gods and heroes in my book. If anyone deserves the hate, it's Zeus! His wife is the goddess of marriage for cripe's sake and he goes around screwing everything with two legs and a pulse....pulse optional! No wonder Hera's bitter.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:35 am
Katastrophic_Kate
Awww Hades. I really think Hades is one of the most interesting characters in Greek mythology. He also gets a bad reputation in modern days because of the way we view relationships and what is and isn't appropriate. Everyone makes a big deal about him kidnapping Persephone, but what a lot of people don't take into account is that was pretty much what you did in ancient Greece. Women were viewed as objects not people. It's sad, but true. Read the beginning of the Illiad. when Agamemnon takes Achilles' wife, Achilles doesn't get pissed because he loved her. If that had been the case he would have asked his mother to make Agamemnon give her back to him. He's only angry on principle. He has other women and he can always capture more on his heroic conquests.
I think the fact that Hades shows any sort of respect for Persephone as a human being puts him far above a lot of Gods and heroes in my book. If anyone deserves the hate, it's Zeus! His wife is the goddess of marriage for cripe's sake and he goes around screwing everything with two legs and a pulse....pulse optional! No wonder Hera's bitter.

I totally agree.
Hades is a pretty fair god, but it's just that no one likes him.  

Kenamarin_Shukai

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:00 pm
I've never been able to understand why people hate him more than Zeus. I always thought if anyone should be complained about his treatment of women it would be Zeus. Hades has respect for Persephone. Zeus probably doesn't even know what respect is.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:16 pm
People just don't know better. All they know is that he's the god of the underworld which most uneducated people equate with Hell and we all know who the ruler of Hell is, therefore Hades gets the same bad rep. And it doesn't help that people who should know better (coughDisneycough) only perpetuate that image.

Though from what I gather from Hades' personality, I don't think he would really care anyway. Whatever gets people to leave him alone. He just doesn't want to be bothered ^_^  

Katastrophic_Kate

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:23 am
You can't balme him for wanting to be lefty alone especially if Diseny treats his character like that. He wouldn't want to listen to people hating on him I"m sure.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm
As far as Hades treating Persephone like an actual person, I disagree. He did the same thing as all the other Gods/heros: he stole her away from her home and then showered her in gifts to try and make her love him. Now, I agree with the kidnapping being the norm, but it's the gift giving thing that bugs me. Like making a girl a queen is going to make her forget that she doesn't love you.

The guys at Disney are idiots who only care about making money and don't care if they screw up the facts.

And, yeah, Hades just want's to be left alone. Why else would he be content to just live underground?  

Ghostlindsay

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:54 pm
True. Though Persephone might not have minded so much as years passed. It's said that she was very protective of her new home. After all she probably didn't have much going for her on Olympus besides the fact she was the daughter of Zeus and Demeter. From what I gathered Demeter wouldn't even allow any of the gods to court her baby and Perspehone was said to sit in her lap whenever everyone at Olympus gathered.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:10 am
Great. So, even back then, girls were getting married to guys they really didn't like just to get away from home. ....I don't know if that should make me feel better or worse about girls doing it now.  

Ghostlindsay

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:15 am
That's true. My English teacher started talking about that today. SHe likes debates so she's nearly always making us debate topics that have nothing to do with ENglish,  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff