Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases
Manga Artist Youka Nitta Admits to Tracing Photos

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 pm
Manga Artist Youka Nitta Admits to Tracing Photos

Recently, Youka Nitta, mangaka of such famous titles as Haru wo Daite Ita (Embracing Love) and Boku no Koe, has admitted to tracing fashion ads for her cover pictures. Her latest chapters have been pulled from Be-Boy Gold and her website has been taken down completely except for a letter of apology. She has also canceled her appearance at Yaoi-Con 2008.

For more information as well as photo comparisons, please refer to this Anime News Network article, Embracing Love's Nitta Acknowledges Tracing Photo. The follow up article announcing her pulling out of Yaoi-Con is here.

Don Amoeba of the Youka Nitta livejournal community has translated Youka Nitta's apology post on her website.

Quote:
I'm terribly sorry for causing this situation due to my lack of knowledge with copyright issues.

It is foolish of me to not have realized that it's plagiarism when I use photos that I like in my illustrations. However, as everyone has pointed out, as a professional mangaka this is not the right thing to do and I regret it very much. To those who own the copyright of the picture, to those who are involved, to those who are remotely looking forward to Youka Nitta's upcoming works, and to readers who like Youka Nitta's works up till now, I want to give you my most sincere apology.

I've never felt worse in my life to have let something like this happen due to my ignorance. But now that I've fully realized the gravity of my mistake, it only make my feel more regretful about it all. All accusations I've received are caused by my own actions and I'm prepared to accept them all. Everytime I read a reader's comment or email message, I cry thinking that I've hurt and let these people down, even though they're still so supportive of me in my pathetic situation.

I shall cease all writing activities and continue to devote myself to apologizing to the picture's copyright owners, and deal with the issue in all sincerity. I shall look back at my foolish actions and learn from them. I am terribly sorry about it all.
Youka Nitta

It is unclear at this time whether her projects are on hold temporarily or indefinitely.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:42 am
But but but... I don't understand! D: Don't artists use photo references for poses all the time!?

Wait, you mean she directly traced over these images? But but but... I still love her! crying I hope this bump in her career isn't too major!

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

gonk noooo! No way! My whole world is falling apart! dramallama

sad I really liked HaruDaki and it makes me kinda... disappointed...
*sniffle*
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:01 pm
Quote:
55DSL, an offshoot from Italy's Diesel fashion label, responded on Tuesday to manga artist Youka Nitta's acknowledgment that she traced a photograph from its Fall-Winter 2006 advertising campaign and her apologies. With an apparent nod to the gender change in Nitta's illustration, 55DSL's official blog said, "Nitta, don't worry, we're not that kind of brand, we consider this a tribute, only the greatest are copied, right? But honestly, our chick is hotter than yours!"
Rulin' ya universes...

Source

Pffff as if their stupid chick is hotter than Iwaki D:<
...since 1992.

User_2629207

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:17 am
Miss Sushii
Quote:
55DSL, an offshoot from Italy's Diesel fashion label, responded on Tuesday to manga artist Youka Nitta's acknowledgment that she traced a photograph from its Fall-Winter 2006 advertising campaign and her apologies. With an apparent nod to the gender change in Nitta's illustration, 55DSL's official blog said, "Nitta, don't worry, we're not that kind of brand, we consider this a tribute, only the greatest are copied, right? But honestly, our chick is hotter than yours!"
Rulin' ya universes...

Source

Pffff as if their stupid chick is hotter than Iwaki D:<
...since 1992.

WTF Those bastards! D:< They're just jealous because Iwaki is sexier than an actual model!

BTW that skirt is fugly.

[News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff