Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Archive ]... // Old Theads, Quests, etc
When is Seems Like there is Nothing..There is Hope..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:27 pm
User Image

The Search for the Hope....

User Image

I remember back when this place first started, the first Edel I ever seen was Beryl. She was simply amazing, and caught my attention. I watch in the shadows, just seeing how things unfolded. It was the auction of Light and the second Love that I came out of the shadows.

Although I didn't win, I still continued to watch. Buying each plushie I could, or each Aoide just to help support the characters created.

But now, I finally decided, just as it seems the Edelverse might end ((*does a silent cheer in hopes it doesn't*)) to create a quest. It took me some time, trying to debate who, and what deity would work for me.

After a couple days of thought, I finally decided on Hope...

I hope you enjoy reading what I have so far, as this is still being set up.

Credit

Edelsteine world created by Ivyian
Banners made by KDAS (me)
Characters created by KDAS
Art created by respective artists

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:38 pm
User Image

"Zeus did not want man to throw his life away, no matter how much the other evils might torment him, but rather to go on letting himself be tormented anew. To that end, he gives man hope. In truth, it is the most evil of evils because it prolongs man's torment."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Anaranë is the one simple feeling, when all seems lost. She the one who makes a person remember that Hope is there.

All you have to do is look for it inside yourself and those around you.

Information on Hope
From Wikipedia

Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and circumstances in one's life. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. [1] To hope is to wish for something with the expectation of the wish being fulfilled, a key condition in unrequited love. [2] Hopefulness is somewhat different from optimism in that hope is an emotional state, whereas optimism is a conclusion reached through a deliberate thought pattern that leads to a positive attitude.

When used in a religious context, hope carries a connotation of being aware of spiritual truth; see Hope (virtue). In Christian theology, hope is one of the three theological virtues (faith, hope, and charity), which are spiritual gifts of God. In contrast to the above, it is not a physical emotion but a spiritual grace. Hope is distinct from positive thinking, which refers to a therapeutic or systematic process used in psychology for reversing pessimism. The term false hope refers to a hope based entirely around a fantasy or an extremely unlikely outcome.

History

Hope was personified in Greek mythology as Elpis. When Pandora opened Pandora's Box, she let out all the evils except one: hope. Apparently, the Greeks considered hope to be as dangerous as all the world's evils. But without hope to accompany all their troubles, humanity was filled with despair. It was a great relief when Pandora revisited her box and let out hope as well. It may be worthy to note that in the story, hope is represented as weakly leaving the box but is in effect far more potent than any of the major evils. In some faiths and religions of the world, hope plays a very important role. Hope can be passive in the sense of a wish, or active as a plan or idea, often against popular belief, with persistent, personal action to execute the plan or prove the idea. Consider a prisoner of war who never gives up hope for escape and, against the odds, plans and accomplishes this. By contrast, consider another prisoner who simply wishes or prays for freedom, or another who gives up all hope of freedom.

Hope is one of the three theological virtues in Christian tradition. Hope being a combination of the desire for something and expectation of receiving it, the virtue is hoping for Divine union and so eternal happiness. Like all virtues, it arises from the will, not the passions.

Hope is opposed to the sins of despair and presumption; refraining from them is adhering to the negative precept of hope. The positive precept is required when exercising some duties, as in prayer or penance.

Some forms of Quietism have denied that a human being should desire anything whatsoever to such an extent that they denied that hope was a virtue.

In the Christian tradition, hope in Christ and faith in Christ are closely linked, with hope having a connotation that means the one with hope has a firm assurance, through the witness of the Holy Spirit, that Christ has promised a better world to those who are His. Hope can thus sustain one through trials of faith, human tragedies or difficulties that may otherwise seem overwhelming. Hope is seen as "an anchor of the soul" as referenced in the Epistle to the Hebrews of the New Testament. Hebrews 7:19 also describes the "better hope" of the New Covenant in Christ rather than the old covenant of the Jewish law.

In Christian writing Theological Virtues are the qualities of mind necessary to strive for salvation. The three Theological Virtues listed in the Bible are:

* Faith (πίστις) - steadfastness in belief
* Hope (ἐλπίς) - expectation of and desire of receiving; refraining from despair and capability of not giving up
* Love or Charity (ἀγάπη) - selfless, unconditional, and voluntary loving-kindness

They occur in the Bible at 1 Corinthians 13:13:

"And now abideth faith, hope, and love, even these three: but the chiefest of these is love". (Geneva Bible, 1560).

The English word love for the third and greatest of the virtues, ἀγάπη (agapē), was used by all of the English translators of the Bible in the 16th Century, including Tyndale (1534), the Bishops' Bible (156 cool and the Geneva Bible (1560). It is also used by almost all current translations of the Bible, including the New King James Version, the New American Standard Bible, and the New International Version.

The King James Version (1611) and the Challoner Douay Rheims Bible (1752) prefer the more theological term Charity for the same idea of specifically Christian love.

In Catholic theology, it is held that these virtues differ from the cardinal virtues in that they can not be obtained by human effort. A person can only receive them by their being "infused"—through Divine grace—into the person.

The Theological Virtues are so named because the object of these virtues is the divine being (theos). Other virtues have vice at their extremes, and are only virtues when they are maintained between these extremes. In the case of the Theological Virtues, they do not contribute to vice at the positive extreme; that is, there is no vice in having an unlimited amount of faith, hope, or love, when God is the object of that virtue.

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:07 pm
User Image

Name: Anaranë
Title: Heart's Anchor
Height: little over five feet seven inches
Skin: to be decided by the artist.
Hair: Simple black hair, with traces of light blue running though the hair. Its runs down clear to her waist, loose as it should be for someone very carefree.
Eyes: Her eyes are white, with only the light blue and emerald green around the outer part of the iris. Without the color, it would appear she was blind.
Built: Average for a female, she again has curves where they are needed. She has muscle where it is needed, but she has more curves then anything.
Wings: has none

Clothing:

To Be decided by the artist...

Markings: to be decided by the artist.

Personality: She is caring in nature, often listening so she will learn as much as possible about a person. She believes in peace and the fact that there is always a way to get to it. Very quite, and just seems to have a way of getting under a person skin. She always wears a smile, and her eyes are the window to her feeling if a person can read them.

She very well manner, and also very curious. Life to her, is a storybook. And she always wants to know what will happen on the next page.

Likes: Moonlight, soft music, pastel and white, the calm of night. Walking as it a way to clear ones mind. She also seems to love animals, more so the birds.
Dislikes: Lies, pain, those who cause pain.
Fears: Her biggest fear is the losing hope in herself as well as those around her.

Abilities:

To Be figured out later...

Weakness: Like her host, she is also very emotional.
Gem: Blue Lace Agate Ref2  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm
User Image

User ImageName: Melantha Ciryatan Losselin
Race: Half wood elf, half human
Skin: Caucasian
Eyes: haunted deep emerald green
Hair: long down to the waist raven black hair. Often found up in a ponytail, or on a rare day its down flowing around her face.
Height: 5' 7"
Build: A mixture of muscle and curves, she elven woman is the perfect warrior. She is easy on the eyes, yet can still take down any man that chooses to piss her off.
Clothing: She wears nothing but leather. Simple black, or sometimes she'll mix it up with either red or dark green.
Markings: A tattoo on her arm of a heart on fire, under it is the name Lenore. Her wife who has long since left this world, who gave her the only real reason she wanted to live. The other marking is over her eye, in which she was born with. Its the same marking that her twin has, only on the other eye.
Personality: Once a rather bright woman, who was full of life. She has turned cold, and distanced herself from everyone. Losing touch with her twin, and the rest of the family. After losing not only her wife, but the children she was carrying, this young woman seem to be nothing but an empty shell. She grows angry rather quickly, and because of this people do not go around her anymore.

Nothing can make this young woman crack a smile, its as if she doesn't know how to anymore.
Likes: being alone, the full moon dancing over the water, a baby laughter.
Dislikes: the sight of blood, pain, a baby crying in the night, people who believe they can help her.
Fears: Her biggest fear has come true, she lost everything. Now she honestly has nothing to fear.
Weaknesses: Being a woman who hates showing emotions, when they hit her they hit hard. She can cry for what seems hours to her, just trying to be rid of this pain inside her chest.  

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pixie Krysta Ordreg

Fashionable Spirit

13,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200