Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
So California has legalized Gay Marriage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:12 am
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

I'm not sure how I feel about gay marriage... I mean... I guess it's every persons right to get married if their in love, but it goes against the bible and... ultimately, I think I'll let God just work this one out, it's beyond me, so I just won't worry about it~

your siggy says "Unashamed" and i know this is probably a guild...but if your going to represent it, at least follow it. What's happened to taking a stand? >_<

True, and I know that God doesn't allow Gay marriage. And you know what, I don't support Gay marriage. Marriage, first of all, is supposed to be a sanctimonious event between a woman and a man, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Plus, that's just not the way God made us, so... yeah XD Thanks for giving me that, I needed a good hit in the noggin to set my priorities straight!

Um, if thats not how "God" made us, then why are there Gay people?
And how can America at least call itself home of the free if we shut down an institution that is not exclusively Christian or any of the main Monotheistic religions to same sex couples? You no longer need a God to keep people together or to marry someone. You got judges, Vegas, etc. And everyone only thinks its wrong these days because a rather archaic (my opinion) book says so. If there was no bible, no guidebook for faith, would we still feel this way? I doubt it about it.

And yeah I have been expecting these sort of responses, this is a predominately Christian guild. I just hope none of you stood in front of court houses or anything with those picket signs saying God Hates Fags or Fags Make God Cry. Those are the type of people this world would be better off without.

No, i would never stand infront of the court house. I would go to the gay marches and parades and try and find someone and invite them for a cup of coffee and a game of checkers. I would want to talk and develop a relationship with them. Not beat them senseless with a bible and broomstick. A lot of good that would do.

We are in a christian forum. As i said earlier, i don't care if it's America, Liberia, Canada, or freaking Poland. I'm talking about right and wrong. *sigh*
"Um, if thats not how "God" made us, then why are there Gay people?"
Why are their lairs, murderers, adulterers, fornicators, and abusers? God can't create sin. This is seriously such a simple concept. God can't have anything to do with sin, hence He sent His son Jesus so He could bridge that gap and clean our sin for us. God soooo didn't create gay people. Wow . Please don't tell people that either, because if God did create Gay people, than God creates murderess, rapists, Hitler, and a whole lot of other bad people. Gay people aren't bad. Their sin is bad. Murder is bad. Murder is sin. Hitler was a person, he could have been a good person, but what he did is what separated him from the love of Christ.
And not to be rude..but if your not a christian*which by the sound of your last paragraph i assume that your not?*, then may i ask, with all the politeness in the world...why are you in a christian guild?

Wow, Siren. Once again you have made something clear to me that was not before. Wow, do you take apologetic classes?

why thank you m'dear! smile No, i'm simply a girl who has had the opportunity that not a lot of people have. I've never taken apologetic classes or what not, but i did go to a counseling school of ministry called Wellsprings in alaska fo two weeks. We learned a lot of incredible and healing things to so many people. It's where i learned a lot deeper about these kinds of subjects.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:20 am
Tarrou
Siren of Saturn
And not to be rude..but if your not a christian*which by the sound of your last paragraph i assume that your not?*, then may i ask, with all the politeness in the world...why are you in a christian guild?

Asterisks cannot be used parenthetically. That's what parentheses are for. Maybe an em dash.

Anyhow, this guild is open to anyone, regardless of whether or not he or she is a Christian, and it is expected that guild members will treat Christians and non-Christians with equal respect. Also, don't make the mistake of believing that 'Christian' means 'only that with which I agree'. Christianity is not doctrinally monolithic, and no poster here is any less a Christian for disagreeing with you. They can be against gay marriage totally, against gay marriage morally but willing to accept it because they don't believe that it is the government's place to legislate what is and is no 'sin', for gay marriage, or even gay and they are still as Christian as you.

Pardon? I'm just so used to using *'s for my inside thoughts and i've seen a lot of other people use it... i don't see any harm in it.

Yes, it is open to anyone. But it is a christian guild. A synagogue is also open to anyone, but you wouldn't want a bunch of gamblers and thieves coming in and totally desecrating the place. This guild is supposed to be some sort of safe haven, where people can talk about what they believe in their faith and not feel like someone's going to have to jump down their throat and say "well that's just close minded!" "that's your way of thinking!" yes...it is...hence "christian" guild. And not "everyone come in and debate my religious philosophy" guild. I was taking to the creator of this thread and we had a lovely discussion pming. There is no reason we can't do that, and i'm totally fine. But this is a place where we can find strength in our brothers and sisters in Christ. It's good to be challenged and tested, but that's what the world is for. I hope this makes sense and your not offended. Have i treated anyone with disrespect? I would like to say no. I'm just pointing out what i believe for the doctrines that christ taught.  

Siren of Saturn

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm
the christian thing to do is offer support to people no matter what they do
even if we don't agree with or support they things they are doing  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:32 pm
lordstar

*apparently i'm jumping on everyone's comments razz *

That depends on how you define "support". As i said, i'm totally all for going out for coffee and talking and getting to know a person. Maybe play a game of checkers if we have time. Find out about them, their life..all that "non-condemning" stuff razz  

Siren of Saturn

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:40 pm
Siren of Saturn
lordstar

That depends on how you define "support". As i said, i'm totally all for going out for coffee and talking and getting to know a person. Maybe play a game of checkers if we have time. Find out about them, their life..all that "non-condemning" stuff razz

I agree, thought I'm not much for checkers XD Sooo yup XD I don't know why I just posted this, but I did XD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:33 am
Siren of Saturn
lordstar

thats a good start  

lordstar

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:55 pm
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

I'm not sure how I feel about gay marriage... I mean... I guess it's every persons right to get married if their in love, but it goes against the bible and... ultimately, I think I'll let God just work this one out, it's beyond me, so I just won't worry about it~

your siggy says "Unashamed" and i know this is probably a guild...but if your going to represent it, at least follow it. What's happened to taking a stand? >_<

True, and I know that God doesn't allow Gay marriage. And you know what, I don't support Gay marriage. Marriage, first of all, is supposed to be a sanctimonious event between a woman and a man, not a man and a man or a woman and a woman. Plus, that's just not the way God made us, so... yeah XD Thanks for giving me that, I needed a good hit in the noggin to set my priorities straight!

And how can America at least call itself home of the free if we shut down an institution that is not exclusively Christian or any of the main Monotheistic religions to same sex couples? You no longer need a God to keep people together or to marry someone. You got judges, Vegas, etc. And everyone only thinks its wrong these days because a rather archaic (my opinion) book says so. If there was no bible, no guidebook for faith, would we still feel this way? I doubt it about it.

And yeah I have been expecting these sort of responses, this is a predominately Christian guild. I just hope none of you stood in front of court houses or anything with those picket signs saying God Hates Fags or Fags Make God Cry. Those are the type of people this world would be better off without.

No, i would never stand infront of the court house. I would go to the gay marches and parades and try and find someone and invite them for a cup of coffee and a game of checkers. I would want to talk and develop a relationship with them. Not beat them senseless with a bible and broomstick. A lot of good that would do.

We are in a christian forum. As i said earlier, i don't care if it's America, Liberia, Canada, or freaking Poland. I'm talking about right and wrong. *sigh*
Why are their lairs, murderers, adulterers, fornicators, and abusers? God can't create sin. This is seriously such a simple concept. God can't have anything to do with sin, hence He sent His son Jesus so He could bridge that gap and clean our sin for us. God soooo didn't create gay people. Wow . Please don't tell people that either, because if God did create Gay people, than God creates murderess, rapists, Hitler, and a whole lot of other bad people. Gay people aren't bad. Their sin is bad. Murder is bad. Murder is sin. Hitler was a person, he could have been a good person, but what he did is what separated him from the love of Christ.
God gave us free-will and her you are contradicting God. Now that seems a little hypocritical don't you think. The Bible also contradicts God. I don't think God had a hand in writing the Bible. I think it was all man's doing. But that is my opinion as a Deist. (A Deist is someone who believes in God but thinks that God doesn't care about humanity. Look around you. You have Christians fighting each other and non-believers, chaos enuses. Even if God gave us free-will he would still intervene that is what a loving parent is supposed to do.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:17 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

God gave us free-will and her you are contradicting God. Now that seems a little hypocritical don't you think. The Bible also contradicts God. I don't think God had a hand in writing the Bible. I think it was all man's doing. But that is my opinion as a Deist. (A Deist is someone who believes in God but thinks that God doesn't care about humanity. Look around you. You have Christians fighting each other and non-believers, chaos enuses. Even if God gave us free-will he would still intervene that is what a loving parent is supposed to do.)

Not necessarily. The best teaching method is allowing people to discover things on their own. Like how it is said native americans would let their children hurt themselves on fire, so they would know not to touch it again.

God can care, but it doesn't mean he has to act.  

divineseraph

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:03 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

? How am i contradicting God? Yeah, We have the option to murder. We have the option to be gay. How is this contradicting God?....*sigh*
Deist. Freaking church. Ya know, there wouldn't be any of you around if we were all taught right. Sorry how that sounded, didn't mean to be mean. Just didn't know how to classify how people like you think. But it's seriously not your fault and honestly, i don't blame you. Most of the churches preach such bizarre and horribly incorrect teachings that people think God gives people cancer to test them or will kill a spouse or loved one for some other hokey reason. It's all crap. How many times have you heard that? *sigh* I'm going to make a post that talks about this. It should be interesting. God can't do a single thing when we walk away from him..and it's usually during this time that we need all the intervening we can get. People ask why...God doesn't chase us, ans if we leave, it breaks his heart, but he can't force us to stay in our little nest or never leave. Or else that would be like a tyranny or dictatorship. Not very loving or compassionate.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:01 pm
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac
Siren of Saturn
mazuac

User Image
Jesus...

How is she contradicting God? Furthermore, how does the Bible contradict itself>

Also, here's something for you to think about. God used man as his "pen" to right what he wanted to be recorded (the Bible.) Now, if man was the "pen" to writing, when we write on a peice of paper, we do not say that the PEN wrote the paper, do we? No, we say that, well, we wrote the paper. And thus, if the prophets are Gods "pens" who wrote the Bible really? God did ^^

User Image
...My Lord, Savior, and Friend

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

crista_galli

10,850 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:44 pm
gay marriage is not right, it says in bible that God made the woman to be the prefect company for the man...if God has made a man already, why not do another one?
and it´s said in the bible than a man, must be with a woman, not with a man...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:05 pm
crista_galli
gay marriage is not right, it says in bible that God made the woman to be the prefect company for the man...if God has made a man already, why not do another one?

Once again, someone who speaks perfect sense!  

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:25 pm
mazuac
crista_galli

Once again, someone who speaks perfect sense!

xd ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:16 am
Siren of Saturn
-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-
Siren of Saturn
Ricette
mazuac

? How am i contradicting God? Yeah, We have the option to murder. We have the option to be gay. How is this contradicting God?....*sigh*
Deist. Freaking church. Ya know, there wouldn't be any of you around if we were all taught right. Sorry how that sounded, didn't mean to be mean. Just didn't know how to classify how people like you think. But it's seriously not your fault and honestly, i don't blame you. Most of the churches preach such bizarre and horribly incorrect teachings that people think God gives people cancer to test them or will kill a spouse or loved one for some other hokey reason. It's all crap. How many times have you heard that? *sigh* I'm going to make a post that talks about this. It should be interesting. God can't do a single thing when we walk away from him..and it's usually during this time that we need all the intervening we can get. People ask why...God doesn't chase us, ans if we leave, it breaks his heart, but he can't force us to stay in our little nest or never leave. Or else that would be like a tyranny or dictatorship. Not very loving or compassionate.
By saying it's not right and saying they are going to Hell. You do not force your beliefs on another person. Is that something Jesus would do? NO! Would Jesus tell them that they were wrong and condemn them to hell? NO! God gave us the right to chose our destiny or our fate. That is between us and God. Not between eachother. No mortal has the right to tell someone what they are doing is wrong

Me being Deist has nothing to do with 'church'. In fact Church doesn't make Christianity. You don't need to go to Church to believe in God. Your temple is your body, or your home. You can pray and worship him at home. And Sunday isn't the day of Sabbath. Saturday is the 7th day not Sunday. Sunday is day 1. Friday is day 6. Saturday is day 7. Look at your calendar. I'm a deist because of the FOLLOWERS. The followers are the one's who have turned me away not the churches. The very people who contradict God. If God is so loving then why to most Christians teach of hatred of other people? Why do people hate gays? Why are they against people being happy? Why? Is it because of this free-will that we go against God? Or did God really want us to be such hateful creatures?  

-xXGodslayer_RaiXx-

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces