Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:54 pm
@Hoshi,
Certing Rules
If you want to join a pride you must first get a joining RP. This is an RP that shows your character is either joining the pride for the first time or that they are an established member in the pride if you have created a custom with a backstory attached to a pride. Roleplay contests do not count as joining RPs and owners may not give people permission to 'opt out' of a joining RP. Some prides may require that joining RPs be done with the leaders of the pride while others may allow anyone to do them.

See here. :>  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:55 pm
Princess_Feylin
I know there's an official shop policy regarding adolescents that have been in that stage for six months, but is there anything similar for the younger stages in existence?

In regards for juves and cubs, no there is not. They just have to wait for their turn to be grown and its the same, atm, for the mothers of those cubs. We're working hard to get all the backlogged growths done, so we ask for your patience.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:46 pm
I read that and everything else a few times. Along with asking a friend who said the same thing. Confusing and misleading when two of the same are done, is all. They all use the same JRP.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:16 am

So you're saying two other hyenas were certed on the pack cert with that same incomplete JRP? Do I have that right?
If that's so, that's something I need to ask about. Other than that, the rule I quoted is the rule, and that's what goes. :>

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:45 am
Let me see... I think I've contributed to the confusion, sorry! There was a joining RP started for all characters in that contest. People posted a couple times and it stalled. I then noticed one of the contest characters certed on the pride cert so I assumed (my bad) that the few posts in that joining RP counted and that they had used it for a JRP. I posted for certing including the link + a note that it had stalled and asked if it was ok. Since a cert popped up I kind of assumed it was sweatdrop

Now when I backread I see that the first character certed did not have a joining RP linked at all, so that first one might have slipped through the cracks somehow?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:11 am

Okay, I see that--not throwing anyone under the bus, but I was not the one certing those two hyenas at the time.
So regardless of who did or didn't get certed, any SoA joining a pride/pack needs a completed joining RP, period.

No need to apologize, since it's not your fault at all! XD

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:42 am
Bluefire Dragonz
Princess_Feylin
I know there's an official shop policy regarding adolescents that have been in that stage for six months, but is there anything similar for the younger stages in existence?

In regards for juves and cubs, no there is not. They just have to wait for their turn to be grown and its the same, atm, for the mothers of those cubs. We're working hard to get all the backlogged growths done, so we ask for your patience.
Thanks, Blue. I'd guessed as much, but I wanted to make sure. (I really am appreciative of all the work you colorists are doing to catch up with backlogged growths. The list must be massive).  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:23 pm
This is kind of a random question, BUT to explain: I'm working on a concept for a god of honey, and I was trying to track down gods that might overlap with his domain. There is a god of bees listed, but there is neither name nor owner for that god, or a picture linked.

For gods like this, that exist on the god list but do not exist IC anywhere, do we have to treat them as existing IC? Do we need to list them as potential overlaps? And would gods like this, that are recorded to exist but no information available about them, ever become available for questing?  

Mtorolite

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:46 pm
Bees is owned by someone, that's why it's on the list. It was a baby from a litter, if I'm not mistaken. But we're still in the process of gathering all the information for the owners of these gods.

Gods that are on the taken list, you can consider not available for questing. If something were to change with the God, for some reason, then it will be removed. Only then will it be available for questing. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:58 pm
If it helps at all with that, Bees and Butterflies are here, near the bottom of the page.  

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:44 am
For cosplays, do gods count as lions or are they a separate category?
Like, say someone has a Jack Sparrow lion. Would someone else be able to get a god cosplay of Jack, or would the lion cosplay make that a no-go?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:48 pm
So....I know that with the lined prides, owners that aren't active get dropped in the activity checks. What about un-lined prides? I've tried getting a hold of a fellow pride owner for some time now, and have heard no answer from her, and it says she hasn't even logged in since late January. And....I'd really like to have a co-owner who can help in reviving activity in the pride.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:45 pm
Das Tor
So....I know that with the lined prides, owners that aren't active get dropped in the activity checks. What about un-lined prides? I've tried getting a hold of a fellow pride owner for some time now, and have heard no answer from her, and it says she hasn't even logged in since late January. And....I'd really like to have a co-owner who can help in reviving activity in the pride.

That's something that you should probably PM the mule with - that sounds like something staff would need to determine.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:08 am
Nevermind, I found the answer in the old guild.  

Reeshie Hack

Dapper Hunter

Himura Rikuo

Invisible Heckler

10,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:35 pm
I have a serval and was wondering if I could join a certain pride. I know some prides are only for lions. I have tried to find this on my own but there are so many prides (and inactive prides) that it is very confusing!

Can someone help?  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games