Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x_Faux Affliction_x

Shameless Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:40 pm
Dior's First Meeting

{ Kite}

Kite: *Lays within her dark forest, her small glade being dimly lit only by her horn, that seemed to flicker every now ant again*

Dior notices a glint in the forest, "whats that?" he asked slowly walking towards the flash in the forest, "hello?" he calls into the dark forest

Raising her head just a little and squinting a little, Kite looked off toward where she had thought she heard something. Though she doesn't move, her horn dimming a little to let her poor eyes open a little wider

"Hello?" Dior Called out again, seeing the light dim he kept walking, in hopes he'd find something, "I'm not mean, I promise." He said hoping to convince what ever it was.

Turning her head to the side a little she watched the shadows and listened to the voice of someone coming closer to where she lay. "And how do you know that I am the same?" she asked closing her eyes and slowly standing.

"I guessed." Dior said stopping as he heard the rustling, "and I'm hoping you aren't going to try and hurt me." He said looking at Kite as he saw her figure rise from the ground, "I'm Dior"

"Some times guesses can get you killed. You know that right?" She asked stepping closer, her lion like tail twitching behind her. "And no, I'm not going to do anything, just tired of laying around." Letting her horn brighten some, her eyes hidden with in the shadows of her bangs, Kite watching the male that came more into view, though against the eerie green glow of her horn. "My name's Kite, it's not every day someone walks into my darkness so willingly. Most flee from the sight of it all and hardly ever look back."

"well," he said looking at the mare trying to see what she looked like, "I'm not like most, I might be shy, but i'm curious." he said leaning in and sniffing her, "and I know i could die, but if I don't try I'll never meet anyone new, not will i?" he asked moving closer to her.

Kite watched the stallion as he leaned in to sniff at her, her pure green eyes blinking a little as the pin pointed pupils try to keep focused on him. He certainly was a strange one indeed. "If you say so. Just be careful. I hear there's worse fates then death." She turned away a little. "You could be like me. Bound to the darkness and moonlight. Death isn't what it's all cracked up to be sometimes."

"whoa wait your dead?" Dior asked pulling back from smelling the mare.

This brought a laugh from her muzzle as the surprise from the stallion, or what she took as surprise touched her ears. Did some of them actually believe everything that they were told? Surely some had more sense around them, then others. "Good heavens no, not that I know of at least. Last time I looked I was still alive."

Dior looked at her, "Oh...... so would you like to go on a walk?" He asked trying to make friends with the mare

Looking back the way the stallion had come, her eyes narrowed slightly before looking back toward the blue colored stallion. A walk? That sounded alright, though she wasn't too sure as to where they could go besides out into the bright, then she would be blind. Blind as a bat sorta speak. "I guess, though not sure where we could walk to." She said not quite mentioning that the light of the sun hurt her eyes

Dior started walking towards the light as the sun was setting, "so Kite, do have many friends around here?" he asked

She had to shake her head as she followed behind a few steps, blinking up at the sun as it was setting, though still she closed her eyes against the still brightness. Gods she hated the sun and how it was always so bright. Standing at the edge of her darkness, Kite let herself get used to following with only her hearing, though it didn't help with not bumping into things "No, I don't have many friends. None actually that I can remember. I was born, and left alone, classic case of breed and leave." She shrugged soon walking from the tree line and following once more, her pace slow and ears twitching.

Dior looked back at the green mare, "I only have one friend, but he's a colt still." he said studying the mare, "whats wrong?" he asked as he watched her.

Kite stopped when she didn't think she heard the other moving. It was hard to tell when the talking that was going on. Raising her head some looking regal, she sighed lowering her stance again. "The light, it... Hurts my eyes. I'm blind until complete darkness but moon light. Even on moonless nights I am blind." There it was out, a weakness, one that any predator would have taken with great happiness. Kite lowered her head even more in her shameful disgrace to her kind. Shame healing powers didn't solve the problem...

Dior looked at her, and walked close to her, "well don't worry," he said standing so that his flank was touching hers, "I'll make sure your safe." he said looking back towards the setting sun, "besides, the sun will be completely set shortly, and lets just hope the moon comes out," he said looking back at her, "do you still want to walk or go back to the dark?" Dior sighed, feeling protective but knowing that more than likley he was pressing his luck.

Her head raised head as she heard Dior come back toward her, and turned her head to the side a little as she felt his flank against her own. She had to wonder why he was trying so much to make sure that she was alright? Surely she could ask him that, right? OK maybe not, she was very unsure of what to do. It wasn't like every one came up to her and played the nice guy and wanted to be friends with her. Ears twitching at the mention of the sun being down shortly, that was a relief to her, she didn't know how much longer she could really keep her eyes closed so tightly. "Can only hope that there's a moon out." She agreed, not remembering the last time she had seen the moon. "But for now, lets keep walking, even the darkness can be suffocating if in it long enough."

Dior walked slowly to that he was still touching Kite, helping guide her, "so besides being blind anything but the moonlight, what else is unique about you?" He asked her, Hoping to god he wasn't pushing it, praying that she didn't think he was trying to hard. He found her beautiful, Sweet, well he hadn't known her very long, but He hoped that he could talk to her long enough to find more out about her.

She remained silent as she walked beside Dior, her lion like tail swayed behind her, once and a while flicking at the end. Special? Her? She couldn't tell if there was anything special about herself. She was just... Kite, nothing that special. Lowering her head just a little, a pool of green open just a small bit and looked toward the stallion before closing again. He looked cute for what she could see of his blue coat that glowed against the setting sunlight.

"There isn't that much special about me. I'm a unicorn who can't see, who can't seem to do anything right most the time." She shrugged, the horn on her head glowing gently. "What magic I have only lets me see faintly within the ever darkness, what healing magic I had has left me, pain I could maybe subdue, but anything else, sorry." She turned her head away from him as she still walked.

A hopeless endeavor she was.

Dior pinned his ears, "I'm sure theres more, you just haven't found it out yet." He said looking at her, "I'm really sure actually." he told her looking at the sun that was set behind the mountains, "the suns set." he told her, "At least theres more about you than there is about me, I'm too shy to go talk to anyone, unless my curiosity gets the best of me, like it did with you, not that I'm complaining, I'm happy about it actually." He told her, looking around the sky, "it looks like the clouds might hide the moon a bit tonight, but i think that it might be out a little." he told her stopping and looking at Kite really studying her.

Stopping when he did, Kite slowly let her eyes open, though they closed shut again before opening slowly once more. Indeed, the sun had set behind the mountain, only the glow remained and it was dark enough that her poor eyes didn't have to remain closed. Even if everything was vaguely lit and she could barely see things besides the lengthening shadows.

"Yea I guess." She muttered soon looking at Dior more carefully, noting his markings and coat color. "I'm sure you can warm up to anyone and become their friends." She nodded moving away from him a little before turning to watch him, the horn that poked between her forelocks gave a burst of glow lighting up her green face, with lighter green markings around her eyes.

Dior watched her. Studying her as his eyes adjusted to the light left the sky, "you have your own built in light." he said with a light laugh, "I need one of those." he said Trying to have fun whit her, "I don't like many others." he told her in all honesty. "It takes alot for me to be friends with someone, you have to be Special." he said stressing the word Special

Kite's eyes didn't adjust much, her pupil remained very small, if there at all actually, She looking a little cross eyed trying to look up at her horn which hide behind her bangs. Shaking her head a little, the horn waving around like a mini sword of some fashion before she listened to him speak, the word 'special' seemed to com up. A lot. She wasn't sure if he was meaning her or anyone else. Kite was sure that it wasn't her, she was anything but special.

"I'm sure you can find someone who will be special to you." She nodded. "That certain someone is out there somewhere, just have to keep looking." She smiled soon after before speaking of her horn, "Yea, I was born with it, though only grew out as I came of age a few millenia ago" Or so it seemed anyways, when she only grew a few months back. "I don't know if there is a way for you to claim one, unless you are of Uni heritage." To this she tilted her head to one side, her murky green mane sliding away from her neck a little.

Dior shook his head, "but what if i wanted you to be special?" he asked simpily, watching the mare, "I think your really amazing, and I want you to be special."

Kite watched Dior and stepped back a few paces when he said that he wanted to make her special, rather questioned it. Did he really think that? Was he sincere enough to think she was 'amazing'? Or was he crazy and didn't know a pretty mare from one that looked like she had just crawled out of a bog? With her molten green coloring, she did look like that. Tail tucking itself between her legs a little, before curling over itself to lay behind her once more. She just watched him, watching for betrayal, and other things of that nature. But Kite couldn't find anything with how the stallion held himself, he really meant it. Right?

"That is sweet of you Dior, but don't count the apple blossoms before they bloom." She chuckled letting her head dip a little. "Because there might just be prettier blossoms out there then the first you meet." Was she on the wrong path with her speech? She didn't think so as it seemed that he wanted to be more then just, friends. "But I will be someone you can run to if times grow hard for you." She stated reassuringly stepping closer to Dior, a smile pulling at the edges of her muzzle.

Mystic Star stopped hiding from behind Dior as he noticed that the flas came from abnother horse but a Unicorn while he looked in a curious manner. "Wow she's so pretty, it's ashmamed that she's not my mother but that would be nice if she was." He said in his mind while he walked up to the green Unicorn Mare carefully. "Hello I'm Mystic Star, pleased to meet you, whats your name?" Mystic Star asked with a smile while swishing his baby blue colored tail happily.

I'm so glad Dior didn't make fun of my Filly appearance when he first met a day ago." he said in his mind again while he looks around and doesn't see Dior anywhere.

Dior let his head sink lower at her words, not paying much attention to the colt behind him, only flicking his ears back momentarily to listen to the colt mutter something about asking who Kite was, "Alright." he said.

He turned his head to focus on the colt that appeared, from somewhere that he hadn't realized, "I'm not the type to poke fun, I'm just as different as you and her are, I look like a fish for some far off land." he said still not picking his head up. "we were just heading out on an adventure, come with Us Kite?" he asked remembering Mystic's question from earlier, "this lovely mare is Kite." he told the colt that was very different from the other. "be nice to her." he instructed being a little protective

Kite frowned as she watched his head sink as she had spoken. Had she spoken something wrong? Head tilting to one side, she had yet to notice the colt behind the stallion. She was worried that maybe she had just driven him off, just because she her told him that maybe he would find someone more special then she was? Could that have been it? Shaking that from her mind, Kite craned her neck a little to the side she looked back toward the colt.

"Hello there youngin'." She nodded before looking back toward Dior. "I'm sorry if what I said hurt you." Kite apologized,

"You didn't Kite." Dior said looking back at her, "I understand that I am more than likely acting foolish for a first meeting." he twitched his right ear back, "I should have spoken so boldly." he said, remembering why he had decided to be so reserved in the first place, he hated making mistakes.

Mystic Star turned to the Stallion as he lays his ears back a little while shaking his head. "No worries Dior, no need to be protective of her around me, I won't hurt her, besides I just want to befriend her if thats okay with you." He said in a confused manner while he turns to the Mare he was talking to earlier.

"Hello Kite, pleased to meet you, I'm Mystic Star and do you want to be my friend while going on an Adventure with Dior and I?" He asked happily while he walks closer to Kite and bows in a polite manner.

"sorry." Dior mumbled to the colt, "I just..." he paused and shook his head, "sorry." he appologized again and picked his head up and looked at the mare, "will you go with us please Kite?" he asked looking around and seeing the moon high in the dark colored sky.

"It's ok Dior." He said while turning to the Stallion. "I know you're just being protective and thats good and besides I'm just a Colt, I'm surprised you haven't made fun of my appearance since I look like a Filly." He said as he sighs while looking at his reflection again.

He smiles at Kite as he looks at her and Dior at the same time with turns of his head and sits down like a dog.

Kite watched both outlines as they moved, Dior being a little protective of her as if the colt was to be competition in later years. Soon she looked up toward the cloud spotted skies, watching the moon fade the reappear. She wished that it would remain night always, but then everything would tend to remain asleep more then awake, that didn't hurt her too badly. Though she slept during the day when the sun was at its brightest...

"I guess I can join you, as long as when the sun come up was can find some place dark." She said looking back toward them. Her horn glowing gently barely lighting up her deep green pools. "Other then that I can come with you, It should be fun to get away from the darkness and loneliness for at least one night."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:46 pm
How did I do That?

Dior, Kite and the new mare Kyli. Tiny Esper and her new mate Koah
Kyli Kite Esper Koah

Doir lounges by the lake not paying attention to his surroundings, He's is more attentive to the large yellow and black butterfly he's staring at thats just landed on a flower in front of him

Esper: Oh we're all lovely!

Dior looked up finally seeing as he ate the butterfly and spotted a new female, his jaw hypothetically hit the floor. he got up from his laying position and stood there, thinking about possibly walking up to her, but not knowing if that was the greatest idea in the world.

Esper:-grazes since Rae seems to think her funny-8D

Koah: -appears suddenly in front of Esper, his baleful glare flitting between Dior and Rae-

Kyli: Oh be nice to the stallion, Koah. -flutters her lashes in his direction-

Kite: Oiy, *Stands at the edge of her dark glen.*

Doir backs away a few steps from the darker male yet smiles at the mare, " I'm only part of the welcoming committee" He says trying to stay out of trouble

Esper:Thats just Lovely!-smiles at Koah-Look darling!

Kyli: -smiles and steps closer, circling around behind teh stallion- Oh, don't bother about him, he's just overprotective. -flicks her tail inviting as she walks past him, back to her brother before he came after her-

Koah: -smiles down at Esper- Yes dear, it's very nice. n_n -kisses her affectionately under her jawline-

Kite: *Rolls her eyes at the mare that walked around Doir.* You offering fries with that Shake? *Grins behind fanged teeth(Figuratively speaking).* Or you trying to impress someone?

Esper:-smiles and nuzzles him- Oh my love.<3

Kyli: -turns her head, smiling at teh mare- Why, am I stepping on your hooves? -grins, moving closer to teh Uni- Would you rather I left so you can attempt to get your hooves on him?

Koah: -nuzzles in return, draping his neck over hers protectively-

Kite: *Casually leaned against one of the trees outlining her glen.* Oh no, It's nothing like that. You are welcome to have the stallion, He likes moon light walks and talking about how special you are. If that gives you an idea on what would charm him. But I was just wondering as I rarely watch the light walkers these days. Being a night life Mare. *Raises her head a little so that her solid green eyes were a little more in the light before she hide them again under her bangs*

Kyli: -grins, stepping ever closer to teh Uni- It's funny that you know so much about his likes! I suppose that means you've already been with him. Did he leave you just five minutes ago upon seeing me? -flutters her eyelashes- I'm not surprised that you're a night walker either. Go to many parties? Makes me wonder just how many stallions you enjoy the company of, dear. -lowers her chin, her smile turning slightly mocking-

Kite: *Gives a barely visible twitch* Nah, I haven't seen him for a while now. Doir can be sweet, but be careful wit what you say. Things could turn away from you quite quickly. And no, I have no need to hang around stallions when I can hang quite charmingly around mares like you. *Gives a slightly sly grin.* Nah, not that either, I just can't walk in the light like you can. Not without holding my eyes firmly closed as the light blinds me until sun sets and the moon rises, even then I am partly blind.

Dior pinned his ears watching what he had started, " Hey be nice," he said trying not to get into trouble, walking over to kite. He was just being nice, he had no idea this would start a problem between the two mares.

Kyli: Again, you seem to have such insight into his behavior. Spoken like a mare who's been there. -turns her head away for a moment before turning back, grinning- But if this is your idea of being charming, your personality needs some work. I don't offend easily, but others might, dear. That's no way to catch a stallion. -winks at her- If you really are looking to go after... Dior, did you say? Be my guest sweety, he's nothing special and there are hundreds more where he came from. And every one of them is the same in the end. -shakes her head, giving her mane a good toss- You might be able to find places in the forest that are dark enough to walk about in the daylight.

Dior wasn't liking how these two were talking about him, actually he kinda thought they were talking about a peice of meat, he scoffed How kyli said there were millions more where he came from, stomping a large hoof on the ground impatiently, he pinned both of his ears back and watched the mares talk.

Kite: *Gives a grin as the mare seemed to be trying to be all nice nice to her, but then again, it was a change to have someone talk to her besides the shadows.* Now deary, I'm sure there are many out there, but how many are willing to take you for their own? No, better yet, how many are worth their weight in this life to be considered stallions instead of foals? *Glancing over toward Doir, giving him a small smile before looking back to the mare. Shifting off her tree and stepping out into the light so that it shown down upon her molten green coat.* "I doubt there's someone out there for this mare, friends maybe, but Mate... They would have to work hard to achieve that one. Then again, Doir has stepped onto the right path, he just has a ways to go.

Dior smiled back to Kite trying to figure out what her words meant, "He;s on teh right path but he still has a long way to go." he mumbled to himself watching Kite more intently now, "what is that soposed to mean?" he asked himself sighing inwardly, he nodded as he thought, "that has to mean something good." he said letting a smile cross him maw.

There are plenty who'd be willing to leave their mates to take me as their own. The only question is if I'd take any of them. It's extremely doubtful. -she smiled at the stallion- No offense, but you're just not what I'm looking for. -looks him up and down before turning back to Kite with a smile- But you're right about one thing. Most stallions have the maturity level of a fledgling, which is most unsettling especially when they're older. -eyes Dior again- Of course, I don't wish to dissuade you if you really have your... heart set on this stallion, but really dear, you could do better. There's always something better out there... -smiles again mockingly, this time at Dior, as she glides towards him, though she lets her expression fade into false comfort as she nears him- Honey, baby, sweetheart... she's way out of your league. Don't get your hopes up. -grins again, winking, before turning away-

Dior looker from Kyli to Kite and back again trying to figure out what the hell each meant, Kite had just said he was on the right path which meant that they had a possible chance together, yet here was Kyli telling him that he had no chance. This was exhausting him he dropped his head and gnawed a mouthful of grass, if his mouth was full he couldn't speak, which at this point was a good thing. He pinned his ears back thinking once again, If mares were like this, he knew the rest of his days more than likely were going to be spent alone....because he didn't understand one bit of what each was trying to say.

A laugh erupted from Kite's mouth like gushed of water through a dam as she watched the mare make move on the poor stallion. If she had known the stallion better then just a casual friend, she would have felt jealous, but he was just another pretty face that could blend into a crowd if he wanted to. Raising her horned head some she continued to laugh, before she shook it off, opening her eyes just a little. "Oh please, like that act would spur me into a defensive posture to save the young soul." She said through other laughs, stepping further into the light Kite still watched the mare. "If you so dear wish to have him, then go a head, take him. I'm sure you two would make lovely babies sooner or later." A sly grin upon her face, "So don't mind me, enjoy. He might be the only one that looks toward you in a 'special' way."

Kyli laughed delightedly, though a derided edge remained in her twinkling laugh. "Oh dear, sweetheart. Maybe I was wrong about you since you seem to hear worse than you see--which I find rather tragic considering just a few minutes ago your hearing skills seemed fine. Like I said, I'm fabulously out of his league, and have no intention of settling down with any stallion that's... less than." She grinned maliciously, taking a step towards the mare, her movements emphasizing caution as if she were afraid that if she didn't watch her step, she'd accidentally knock this young uni to the ground. It was one thing to come up with a quick wit in times of need, it was quite another to completely ignore her words, and then proceed to act innocent. As if her bad eyesight excused her deplorable manners.

"I feel that you and I haven't exactly gotten off on the right hoof. For the record, let me repeat--since you seem to have trouble understanding big words. Stallions by the mountain-load would love to enjoy my company. And yet it looks like even poor Dior here is beginning to tire of your companionship. And mine to I suppose," she conceded looking back to Dior, her eyes finally edging back to Kite. "But I have more where her came from." She stopped, a slow sly grin appearing on her muzzle. "You don't."

Kite gave a shrug as she rolled her head to the side a little in a 'whatever' kind manner before edging back just a bit. She couldn't really care about much, but this mare certainly thought big of herself, even Kite didn't have THAT big of an ego. None the less, she had to laugh at the mare at times. "I may not quite understand your switch of words though miss, but I'm not one to wander around all senile. Sure there maybe be more then one stallion out there, but I'm sure you will find one you like and live happily ever after like in those many a fairy tales. As for me, I will keep to my darkness." Turning away from the mare, Kite wandered back into the shadows where she could lay with her eyes wide open. "And my name's Kite, I can see us being friends if one doesn't have an ego bigger then her head to allow it." At this a grin came to her own hidden face, even if her pale green horn gave off a soft sickly glow.

Kyli snorted, then burst into a fit of giggles. "Oh gosh, dear I'm neither stupid nor senile. There is no happily ever after out there for me, at least not in the form of a mate. You have a chance though, don't let darkness rule your world." She turned her face away for a moment, thinking. The truth was that Kyli wasn't just the pretty face with a vain, seductive mare inside. She was whip smart, had a wit to match, and actually cared about things other than herself when it came to friends and family--it was only with stallions who saw her as a conquest that she became the mare that everyone else thought she was.

She turning her face back to Kite, not missing a beat. "I'm Kyli. And maybe I am everything you think of me. But I'm everything you think I'm not, too." She smiled healfheartedly before letting it droop. "But it seems that you have a capacity to see darkness in hearts that maybe you didn't know you had either."

She said nothing as Kyli introduced herself and mentioned that Kite might see the darknesses in the hearts of others. Maybe she did, maybe she didn't she didn't know. She just had a ways of judging things maybe too quickly. Remaining where she was laying, Kite watched Kyli carefully, wondering what this mare really was, besides sometimes full of herself... "You might be right, but everyone isn't always a light hearted beast, not even myself as I remain within this shroud. It is my protection against those that seek to harm what isn't there's." Shaking her head Kite looked away, deeper into her darkness as if seeking refuge from the thinking.

Dior stopped chewing his mouthful of grass and the flower he had managed to find, "what is so wrong with me?" he asked after spitting the foliadge from his maw. He couldn't understand why these mares were bashing him. Was he too sweet, or maybe he was ugly.....he knew he looked like some animal that swam in the water very far off from where he was right now, but he honestly didn't find himself ugly, not that he had meet anyone to honestly compare himself too, except the new stallion but he wasn't much to look at in his mind. He lifted his ears and stood up as tall as he could waiting for an answer  

x_Faux Affliction_x

Shameless Smoker

[OOC] Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas