[PRP] What now?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:13 pm
The Goddess was waiting for her - Asali knew it. It was time. She hadn't seen the Swamp-Mother since the goddess had given her her cubs to raise alongside her own. Now those cubs were grown, and had been sent away to find their names; they had finally come of age. The swamp now held only five youths, and with only one who was hers to raise, it was as difficult as ever to adjust to difference. Worry gnawed at her, as it ever did, as she wondered who would return, and when.

It was her second litter she thought of most these days, because it was beginning to come time for them to return. Would they? She could only hope.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:18 pm
Mama Bwawa sat where Asali knew she could be found, beside the hollow old tree in which the Queen had given birth to three litters. Once upon time, she hadn't worked so closely with the rulers of the pride, but that paws-off method had not ended well. This time, she was determined that things should work out; she would not see the children she had once nearly destroyed fall again. She had even renewed her blood in the pride, by giving to it four mortal children of her own.

She was confident that one day, they would find their names and return, and take mates. The pride spirit was strong in them - Asali had made sure of it.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:21 pm
"Mother." Asali dipped her head respectfully as she approached, before settling into a sitting position before the immortal. She was comfortable and at ease with the patron of the Jini-misemi, who had so graciously accepted them back, all that time ago. "How are you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:25 pm
"I am well, my daughter." Mama smiled fondly. In truth, their blood relation was a thin one, reaching back to the first generations of the pride, but she was the Mother of the Swamps, and therefore the mother of all Spirit-talkers. "I assume my children have been sent away? I haven't seen them of late."

She often kept an eye on the pride itself, and very often her children, keeping herself hidden when she did so. Aside from the cub she'd received from her fellow goddess Boma'burudi, only Asali had had more than a fleeting glimpse of her.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:28 pm
"Yes, all four," Asali confirmed, nodding, "Along with my three, and most of the rest of the youth. It's beginning to grow quiet again, but others may start to return soon. I cannot see, though...for all I see, that is one thing I cannot." The lioness sighed, gaze cast to the ground. "I wish that I could."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:31 pm
"There is nothing to be done for that, unfortunately." Though she tended more towards aloofness than Asali'jua, Mama too hoped for the return of more of the pride's younger generations. They were needed, if the pride were to be truly strong again. "But your Juu - Roho'eupeanga - he returned with a mate, no? Perhaps you will be a grandmother soon."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:37 pm
Asali laughed, swelling with pride at the very thought of her white-maned son. "One day, no doubt, but soon? That I do not know, either. In the meantime, I have Hewa to focus on."

There was a moment of hesitation...she was still considering having one more litter. A fourth. In a way, she felt silly thinking about it - should she not be content with fourteen children? So few had come back to her, though, so few.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:41 pm
"Ah yes, him. Keep a close eye on him, my dear - he too is the child of a goddess. Teach him well, and do your best to make sure he loves his home, no? He could add strong blood to the pride, if he returns with his name." That was some time away, though.

The goddess eyes Asali, tilting her head in question. "Something weighs on your mind. What is it?"

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:45 pm
"I've been thinking...perhaps I will have another litter. I am not yet so old that I could not, after all." She laughed lightly at herself. "There is life in me still, I think. I feel as though I am being foolish, though, trying to console myself by filling my den again. I can't always have another litter when my last leaves home."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:50 pm
"That's your whim, is it?" Mama smiled, amused by the Queen. "There would be no harm in it, certainly. My only question, however, is who the father will be. We've done well with bringing in new blood, but if we're not careful, the brothers' blood could still come to dominate the pride. There are already...eighteen of their blood? They and their descendants must have potential mates, too."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:52 pm
"I know," Asali agreed, "I know. But my own blood is strong as well, is it not? I have had fourteen children, if you hadn't noticed." The lioness chuckled, shaking her head.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:57 pm
"True, you have birthed quite the brood," Mama allowed, "But of them, there are only two here, both Jabali's. You've already said the rites for three of them. Who is to say which of the other nine will return, if any? So far, you seem to have bad fortune where that is concerned."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:01 pm
The brutal honesty stung, but it was true. Asali'jua's shoulders sank, and she sighed heavily. "You're right, Mother. I will take that into consideration before I make my choice."

With that, she stood, and after another dip of her head, she turned and trudged away towards the pridal den.

[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games