Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:07 am
User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:30 am
It was a still warm day. The herd was lounging around the Teepee, each doing something different. Oathkeeper was keeping watch over everyone and possible surrounding dangers. Whilst his son, Starseeker was playfully sing-songing to himself as always. The haughty mare, Paris, was settled in the shade, looking rather snide that no one of the herd was paying much attention to her. Paris' two children that remained with her, Maui the Wind & Parixaeus the half-Kalona, were each doing quite different things from each other and their mother.

Maui was grazing, stretching her pink wings from time to time and making sure her daughter, Beatrice wasn't being pestered by her half-brother. Parixaeus, of coarse, was intending to pester Beatrice; as he loved hassling his niece for her thoughts that she's demon-souled due to her heritage. Beatrice was grazing like her mother, and being even more wary of Parix's attempts to bother her.

As the day went on, just hanging around became particularly dull to many members of the group. Paris took off unannounced, going heck-knows-where. Beatrice found herself tired and went for a late afternoon nap under the tree where her grandmother was previously perched. Parixaeus too left unannounced after his teasing bait had fallen asleep on him. This left Oathkeeper, his son Starseeker (who now at the time seemed burnt out from songwriting) and Maui wondering how to spend the rest of their evening.

Oathkeeper, trusting that his son and Maui (who always had felt like a daughter to him) could get by on their own without trouble, left to enjoy the remainder of the day with his mate, Auriga. As he departed, Maui began to walk alone towards the direction of the sea. She'd been quite depressed about life recently---and Starseeker above all had taken note of this. It wasn't like her to be so down, he'd always secretly admired what a bright and outgoing spirit she usually was.

He supposed it was from the betrayal of the stallion she'd met, that'd resulted in her having children. Starseeker sighed. He knew she loved Beatrice very much, but she just wasn't happy. So, being a stallion that just can't bear to see anyone down, he followed her quietly. I took about a half and hour at a walking pace to reach the shore. There, Maui settled down upon her favorite lonely cliff (ironically the same one Oathkeeper previously proffered to gaze at the sea from.)

Starseeker, who was following at a good distance, saw this as a good opportunity to join her. However, something made him stop cold---Maui had started singing to herself. The sunset colored mare was singing a lonely yet beautiful tone and the perfect note just seemed to drift around like a dream on the evening breeze. Adding even more to the magnificently shocking scene was the fact that the evening sky way slowly beginning to match Maui's brilliant hair.

Starseeker had never seen anything more beautiful...  

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:33 am
Caught in the moment and without words to say, Starseeker just stood there, mouth agape, ears perked and listening intently. He never knew she was the singing type! He admired her even more for this. It took a lot for one to be able to open up their hearts in song. Even more to make it sound good. The song-struck stallion soon forgot he had followed her unnoticed and began to hum along with it after he'd picked up on the tune of her base chorus.

This of coarse caused the mare before him to jump to her feet, startled.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:36 am
Maui, who was previously unwinding and enjoying the sunset, sprang up at the sound of another somewhat joining her melody. Her nerves felt shot until she noticed exactly who it was who had joined in. "Starseeker! Please don't scare me like that!" she begged. Maui, of coarse, was not angry, just rather surprised. "Did you---follow me here?" she asked softly. She eased up quite a bit, wondering what reason exactly made the younger stallion follow her here.  

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:39 am
Starseeker of coarse was still forgetting the fact that he followed her and was stuck on the subject of her being a singer. "You---you sing? You never say anything about it! I mean---you should! You sing really really really well!" Starseeker began, almost in a childish flurry about it. He drew closer to her. "Its amazing, like an angel!" he continued. Gazing at her wings in the moment made him giggle. "Well---thats an obvious" he'd added.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:41 am
Maui, who was always more than patient, abandoned her question. It was rather silly to ask anyhow, seeing as the chances of them being in the same place at the same time were quite low. At his complements her cheeks turned pink. She really didn't know what to say to that all. She began simply by admitting what Starseeker had already found out. "Yeah, I---I like to sing" she replied slowly, "Never thought I was any good at it, so why would I have shared that I did so?" she asked politely.  

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:47 am
"Well you ARE good at it!" Starseeker practically interrupted. He studied the mare's still sad and somewhat now bewildered look. "Sorry---Its just, really you sound so good! Why don't you make a hobby of it as I do?" he asked. Continuing on before Maui could answer, the stallion blurted. "You're so sad lately! You always are so smart, and spirited! You're the only one I know who practially glows day by day. Just cause one stallion, one jerk of a stallion, let you down you're gonna stay down?"

"Its really not like you. I've admired your spirit for quite awhile! You should focus on all the good things! Most of the herd completely loves you! You have a very well behaved daughter, in whom you always show compassion for! Heck---you always show compassion for every one...even others who may not deserve it! What ever happened to the Maui I idolized?" Starseeker finished.

He even was quite take aback by the way he went about all that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:49 am
Obviously Maui was a bit taken aback too.

"Well---I" she began.

She didn't know what to say. Starseeker was right, she'd let herself slip. Maybe because something like this was just what she needed to be able to find herself again.

"Thanks" she said sweetly, her tone of pure kindness surfacing once again.

"You're right, Starseeker."

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:51 am
"I'm sorry that got a bit outta hand let me---wait...you're sorry?" Starseeker babbled. "No no don't be sorry! It happens! Point is...uh---er...you're able to be you again!" he tried to continue. There was a big moment of awkward silence that resulted in both breaking out laughing.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:04 pm
Maui was the one to finally be able to stop laughing 1st. She felt a little silly doing so too. Searching once again for words to say she pawed lightly at the ground. "Just glad I could bounce back" the sunset colored mare replied finally. Taking a deep breath she looked up and accidentally locked eyes with Starseeker. This of coarse made her blush. It was very awkward once Maui quickly realized not only was Starseeker concerned about her being down, but he too seemed to like her.

That was when it hit her. She realized then that she 'too' seemed to like him. But it was weird...Oathkeeper was like her dad and Starseeker was Oath's actual son, so wouldn't that make him like a brother? Ironically she'd never seen him that way. She'd always seen the same gentlemanly, caring, joyful spirit as Oathkeeper had. Maui always saw him as a sort of second Oathkeeper. One that was more romantically inclined than fatherly.

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:20 pm
"I'm glad too" Starseeker smiled, oblivious to the thoughts going the Maui's mind shortly after her simplistic statement. Enthusiastically he carried on about the one subject he knew how to easily talk about. "Will you sing a duet with me sometime?!" he asked cheerily. It was an awkward question, but it was something that interested him greatly and he just couldn't hold it in. Heck, he was already being pretty straight foward anyhow.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:25 pm
At Starseeker's question, Maui snapped back from her thoughts. "I uh, sure?" Maui replied. Was that like asking someone out? she wondered. It caused her to giggle. "I think I catch your drift Starseeker" she began without even think of where exactly she was going with it. "I'm starting to wonder if this is your unique way of telling me you like me?" she asked. She sort of questioned it at the end due to the fact she was now afraid she was taking him wrong and didn't want anything to get more awkward than it kinda already was.  

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 pm
Starseeker's eyes widened. He should have given her more credit. She was really smart after all. "Yeah---okay. I do. But I never really wanted to just 'come out and say it' since well---you consider dad to be your dad and I thought maybe that'd make me like a brother and well, I thought that would make you feel extreemly awkward" he replied. Honesty was be best way to go. Plus, with Maui there's no such thing as 'tip-toeing' around the fact of matters. Nervously he awaited her response on his final straight foward-ness.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:32 pm
"I figured" Maui smiled, her eyes narrowing in a friendly 'I could see right through you' kind of way. "Thinking about it now, I never considered you as such. Its just that you hold all of your father's good qualities and even more good ones that are unique to only you. I've always admired you as well, you still hold the youthful spirit I feel I lost."  

Ivory_Feld

Ivory_Feld

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:47 pm
Starseeker gave a whistle-type sigh of relief. It lessened his tension for sure. But silence once more was taking over since he didn't know exactly how one should reply to such confirmation of affection. He was however practically vibrating with joy on the inside. Both from the fact she liked him too, but as well as she admired what he considered to be 'quirky' about himself. "I uh, well, for one I'm very relieved I haven't but you in an awkward position. Secondly, when I saw you singing...I knew something had to be said. One to make you feel better and two, well because I do really like you. Its kinda funny that everything I'd want in girl I noticed in you." That last comment made even Starseeker flush a bit.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff