Reply The Parent's Lounge
ENJOY THEM - THEY GROW FAST!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moosiklady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:51 am
My oldest son is a senior already! We just went to his LAST swim meet, and I know more 'lasts' are coming up. Enjoy every moment you can with your kids. They'll outgrow the 'hard' stuff, and new problems will come up, but don't rush them. They'll be on their own before you know it!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:42 pm
I was thinking that today when my 7 yr old was screaming for a sticker at the doctors office. the assistant didn't give him one. I wanted to look at him and tell him to grow up. I didn't though.  

Ariana Silverfire

Alien Bibliophile

moosiklady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:40 am
Been there too! Stickers and things do make life easier sometimes. My son had a LOT of ear infections and his doctor would "pull" small toys from his ear to give to him - HE LOVED IT! It helped make the best out of a painful situation.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:12 pm
it really sucked, he is used to getting stickers from the dr and when he went this last time we had to see another dr in the practice. i don't know if they forgot or this one doesn't hand out stickers but they didn't give him any, which was why he was making a fuss. sounds like you had a really good dr. you were really lucky!  

Ariana Silverfire

Alien Bibliophile

moosiklady

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:22 am
He was great - When my almost 2 year old son had tubes put in his ears, the doctor came and talked to us afterwards. Sean had gotten stubborn and hadn't wanted to lay down on the table for the anesthesia. Sean knelt on his knees with his chin on his hands and a REALLY STUBBORN look on his face - so they put the mask on him that way.

Anyway, the doctor didn't just tell us - he demonstrated! On the floor! He was a wonderful doctor - we really miss him since we moved, and still write Christmas cards to him.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:17 pm
Mom keeps telling me the same thing... that they grow up so fast: "Before you know it they'll be all grown up and bringing their kids over to your house."
Right now though I'm still in the phase where they're not growing up fast enough. *chuckles*
At the same time though I can't believe that my oldest will be five this year (not starting school though—just misses the deadline)

Jenannen
Vice Captain

Ariana Silverfire

Alien Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:16 am
I can't believe my oldest is seven and in the first grade. i have to fight him to get him to do homework. i cried so much when he started kindergarten last year. i'm both looking forward and dreading when my daughter starts preschool next year. on one hand it will be nice to have the time away from both the kids on the other i'll miss my baby! motherhood comes with so many conflicting emotions.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:39 pm
I agree with them growing up so fast.. Mines is already 6 weeks old and I already noticed how big she is getting because I had to go through all her clothes and pick out the 0-3 months because they just dont fit her anymore!  

Captain~Fleatch

Fashionable Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

moosiklady

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:21 am
That's what happens when you FEED them! (LOL)

I've got 4, and I didn't cry when any of them started school - and don't think I'll cry this year when the oldest graduates. I decided when they were little I'd try to enjoy them all at the age they are - not wish for them to be older or younger - but to live in the present and enjoy them as they are.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:35 am
moosiklady
That's what happens when you FEED them! (LOL)

I've got 4, and I didn't cry when any of them started school - and don't think I'll cry this year when the oldest graduates. I decided when they were little I'd try to enjoy them all at the age they are - not wish for them to be older or younger - but to live in the present and enjoy them as they are.

XD Yes to the feeding this one eats alot!!

And im enjoying her every moment ...SO much my freind said the cuteness was over whelming stop posting pictures on myspace till she is older XD!  

Captain~Fleatch

Fashionable Seeker

5,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

PixieByte

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:14 pm
I feel terrible for wanting my Daughter out *Now*. My mother tells me to be patient but it's hard when the Dr. says any day now and She's in there playing belly pinball with my nerves. I really thought the best part was watching them grow so fast yet now it sounds like the worst.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:03 am
There is so much joy and so much sorrow that you experience as a parent that I am not sure you can experience any other way. My "baby" will be 18 this December and is a senior in high school. Jen is my oldest and has blessed us with 3 of the cutest granddaughters anyone could ever wish for and enjoy! I never pictured this stage when I was in the hospital waiting for my first one to be born. How life changes!  

MsRoseLovingJo
Captain

5,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100

Yvaine
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:14 pm
I just took my kids this morning for "school" pictures - my baby looked so grown up I started to cry! crying  
The Parent's Lounge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games