Submit

Northawke_rs

4,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:44 pm
lastapprentce
Alright, it looks like plot and characterization win so far. Now for another question, what type of character do you find yourself favoring most in a story. I always seem to favor the Sirius Black type for lack of a better example. Good guy that helps the main characters while still trying to act the responsible adult.

I like both the tormented and twisted characters who try to go against their nature and the plain weird characters. And I love evil characters, as long as they're sophisticated.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:21 pm
characters have to do it for me. If a writer doesn't take the time to think out and develop his characters well, the story just is not believable. Setting is imporant too, I love a detailed, setting. Like Tolkien, for example, in how detailed he is in his desriptions of the surroundings. It helps one understand the characters better if you also get a good understanding of the environment in whihc they live. If both of those components work out well, pretty much any plot goes for me.  

Chhaya Moon

xtraice4me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:47 pm
As for characters go I'm a total sucker. I love the full out I'll-spare-my-life-for-yours good guys. I know...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:37 am
i agree about the charcters. i love it when the author throws in a person you hate so much, but you end up liking for some odd reason. As for the plot, it has to carry you through the story without you having to say ,"Wait, what happened?".  

Malnormalish

4,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Buki with a Beehive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:33 am
lastapprentce
Alright, it looks like plot and characterization win so far. Now for another question, what type of character do you find yourself favoring most in a story. I always seem to favor the Sirius Black type for lack of a better example. Good guy that helps the main characters while still trying to act the responsible adult.

I like the characters who, well... basically... keep you guessing. I don't like characters whos motive I can figure out in the first chapter, I like the ones who... in the end... I am totally like, "Woah, didn't see that one coming"... Which, by the way, would be like Dumbledore's character in the seventh book.. seemingly innocent and funny, turns out to be cunning and decietful.  

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games