Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Countess Erzebeth Bathory
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:42 pm
Creative Visualization is the name Shakti Gawain uses for something similar
or pretty much equivalent to the more mainstream self-help video "The Secret".
It revolves around the theory that our mind controls what our lives are like.
Whatever thought we send out to the universe, is what we get in return.
Here's some information about it if anyone wants to read.
Do you guys believe in this?
Do you believe your positive or negative thoughts have determined your live?

Quote:
What is Creative Visualization?

Creative visualization is a way of using your mind to get what you want out of life. Believe it or not, everyone uses it subconciously. For instance, people who subconciously tell themselves that they are unlucky, unloved, unattractive, etc, actually make those things realities for themselves. On the other hand, people who think they are fortunate, cherished, beautiful, etc. also make these things happen.

By thinking of the good things you want to happen as part of a regular routine, you're creating a positive energy. This positive energy then takes on form as the actual reality you desired.

One important note, though. This process is only to be used to create harmony and happiness for yourself and others. You should not try to control another's life (creating harm) in this manner, or any for that matter. To do so would create discord in the natural balance of the universe, and ruin the healthy things you've done for yourself.

How Does Creative Visualization Work?

Here are some examples of creative visualization that might have happened to you through your subconcious.

1. Your phone rings, and when you pick it up, it was a person you'd just been thinking of talking to.

2. You think to yourself "I'm going to read a book," and then you do.

3. You believe you attract the "wrong" kind of man/woman, so that's the kind that come into your life.

Using creative visualization is not simply positive thinking. It is a learning process. We learn who we really are, deep inside. What our basic feelings are towards ourselves, and how we might have been holding ourselves back. Once we realize these views, we can then change them to work towards a more harmonious life!

How Do I Do It?

The first step is to relax. Sit or lie in a comfortable position, and make a conscious effort to feel each part of your body relaxing. Start at your toes, and work your way up to your head. As you do this, take slow, deep breaths. This should take a few minutes. Another term for this is meditation. If you would like to learn more about it, you can find many self-help books and tapes which teach you how to do it!

The second step is to visualize. Many people can't "see" a mental picture at first, so if this happens don't let it worry you. After you've relaxed, you can "practice" visualizing by picturing things you see and do in everyday life. Try to imagine enjoyable things. You might picture your favorite room, or dancing with someone special, or eating your favorite meal. Doing these practice runs will help you "see" when it comes time to try the real thing!

These are the two basic steps, but now let's break it down a bit. You may want to work on these for a while before trying your first real Visualization.

When you are ready to give it a try, you will need to do these very important things.

Decide what it is that you want. Is there something you want to change about yourself? Do you want a better job? Do you want better health? You pick your goal. You will probably want to start with "easier" goals. Ones that you believe can happen in a timely manner. You can then work up to "harder" ones.

Next, picture the idea or object exactly as you want it to be. Picture yourself in the situation or using the object as if you already possessed it. Make sure you see this very clearly. You might also draw the scene to reinforce the idea, although, this step is not necessary.

Once you've got the picture in your head, think of it often. Not only when you are relaxing or meditating, but throughout the day as well. This is the process of sending that positive energy out into the universe. Remember the old saying "You reap what you sow"? Well, you're "sowing" when you think of what you want. The more positive energy you send out, the more you will get back.

Lastly, BELIEVE that the object is yours or will be yours. Any disbelief is negative energy and will counteract what you're trying to achieve. And once you see it come true, acknowledge that you made it happen! Give yourself a pat on the back!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:56 pm
I'm quite the pessimist and I've noticed things go wrong for me a lot.
But I go by Nietzsche's philosophy and well, he's quite the pessimist sometimes.
I'm going to make a thread about Nietzsche because I just love him so much.

Countess Erzebeth Bathory
Vice Captain

lil_qt_cat1
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:11 pm
i believe the more possitive you are, and more possitivity you put out makes more possitivity surround you, if that makes sence, like, if you are walking down the street and a tall ugly thin guy walks buy and you think, geeezez was he ugly, thats negative, so you carry that with you through the day, lil negative things you do weigh you down until you get sad and depressed cuz then you are focussed on all the negative things on you, because you will think more on your negative points. i say be happy with what you got, let things go and forgive people when they hurt you, just be much more weary of them. thats a sure way to make your life lighter and much happier, though to be honest, i dont fallow my advice and get depressed often, but least thinking about possitive things will really make you feel better, ive used it too <3  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am
wow♥  

AeternalSnow

Sparkly Fairy

10,000 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

candy_cat da wise

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:58 am
i did this on accident once. i was mad at this chick and wanted her to get in a car wreck and about a few minutes later her mom called and told me they were in a hospital because someone rear ended them as they were pulling out of a fast food joint eek  
the supernatural and beliefs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games