Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:42 am
User Image

Tetemeko had finally managed to escape two lions who seemed very fond of hanging around with him- his Aunt Shani, who seemed to make it her personal mission to see that he was being good, and his father, who never liked him going too far away. Since he couldn't find Sineri today, he decided to find some way to entertain himself- and that usually either involved playing by the water hole (he really was still a kid at heart) or climbing around in the gorge. Having run into Sineri in both places often before, he couldn't make a decision based upon that so he loitered a bit not far from home as he tried to make up his mind.

Perhaps the gorge would be more amusing, he could see if he could get any higher up. Of course, he was always careful- he knew it would not too pleasant to fall from somewhere too high, especially if you landed on rocks. Ledges were ones friend when wasting time by the cliff sides.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:55 am
User Image

After what seemed like the hardest decision in Boma'burudi's life the goddess of minerals walked around familiar stomping grounds, the Pride Lands. Her Siamese-esque markings look pristinely clean because she had spent house grooming, her two toned metallic wings glimmer brighter than usual, and her gems sparkled in the son. A first impression was always a good one, especially when meeting a son. She headed in the direction Kubwa had told her..no told Dunia, Boma's mortal persona.

You can do this, she thought and took a deep breath, it wont be long, he will be happy to meet you, it wont matter, just do it. Her thoughts were paced to the rhythm of her step. And she fell into a pace lost in a sort of hypnotized state as she walked, oblivious to the world around her. He will be happy to know you, at least meet you.

She held back a shriek of frustration and tried to peer into the earth's thoughts trying to find a mineral or stone that would help calm her. There were no takers.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:07 am
Tete hummed quietly to himself as he walked along, coincidentally heading in the opposite direction as Boma- they would eventually cross paths if they paid enough attention and no one deviated from their direction. Fortunately, maybe, Tete knew exactly where he was going and had no intention of changing which way he was going. Unfortunately, maybe, he was not paying full attention to everything that was around him as he walked.

However, the way Boma's wings shone in the sunlight was enough to catch anyone's attention even from peripheral vision. It was unusual, and he did glance over, but he had to do a double take before really taking a look at what he saw.

What the..?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:15 am
Boma had not noticed him yet, still walking in the trance-like walk, a slow steady march leading her towards her pale lover's home. She was not sure how far off she was, but that did not stop her feet from leading her to where she was going. Only when she saw something change in the corner of her eye did she stop and turn slowly as if in a dream.

The Goddess did not see the large lion that stood before her she saw the not-even-a-day old fuzzball she left with Mtima. He had clung to her tightly and whined when he was pulled from her fur. She blinked and instantly wanted to cry as he refocused and became the adult before her, he was growing, growing meant aging, and aging in Boma's two-toned eyes equated to dieing.

"Hello," she said in a raspy voice, barely able to squeak out the word.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:18 am
Tetemeko was not the smartest of lions, but he knew what he was seeing was a goddess as soon as she got close enough to determine that it was in fact a strange lioness with wings and.. horns? He was smart enough to know that his mother couldn't be the only goddess, but the wings at her side and the brown on her legs and face.. she matched him, the feathers around his neck and the brown on his legs.

He stood dumbfounded, staring at her uncertain what to do or say. After a moment with his mouth hanging speechlessly open, he found his voice.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:25 am
His question caught her off guard and she inhaled sharply, a very mortal thing to do, and stepped towards him, "I'm assuming you know who I am then?" She spied two of her feathers around his neck and was elated to know that he at least knew of her, maybe even could make the connection that she was his mother.

"Your father is Kubwa, and I am your mother, I.."she paused and inhaled again, "I am Boma'burudi, and you look a bit shocked to see me." I'm here to make sure you are alive and well, alright? Say you hate me and help me get past this.

"You've grown..."

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:35 am
Truth be told, Tetemeko did not know how to handle this. All he knew of his mother was that she was too important to be with her family here in the Pridelands, but not to important to you know, start one and toy around with his father's emotions. After all, it didn't take a genius to realize that the subject was touchy for Kubwa in more ways than just trying to explain the whole thing to his son.

But.. here she was.

When she stepped closer to him, he didn't think about it and took the same number of steps backwards, away.

"Of course I'm shocked to see you," he mumbled, "You've never been around before, why now?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:40 am
She stared her mouth slack in awe, he did not want her in the least it seemed. Her eyes searched over him trying to place this. Her emotions got the better of her in situations like this and she tried hard to hold back the anger that in her youth bubbled below the surface. Had she really left such a mess? Kubwa was young but seemed able to take care of one so young? This was Kubwa's fault, it had to be. She placed the blame on her lover denying her own involvement in the trouble. She left, that justified she was not responsible for his up bringing.

"I wanted to meet you, I've been searching for you, wanted to know what you were like." She offered the weak explanation, "I wasn't around, so you are this mad?" She thought about how Hewa had reacted, how he was frightened and assumed that Tetemeko would be spared this fear and anxiety because he did not remember her.

"You wear my feathers around your neck? But you're angry?" She stepped forward again.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:52 am
Tetemeko did not think he was reacting angrily, not as much as he could in this situation. He didn't even realize the irony of the feathers around his neck until she pointed it out. He could appreciate the only part of her he had without actually running up to her now and welcoming her home like she'd done nothing wrong.. unless she really was here to be welcomed home, was she going to stay or just it only to meet him?

Something, though, something was tugging in the back of his mind about all of this. He couldn't place it, but it was just a strange feeling he had. She was familiar, and part of him wanted to be happy to see her, remembered some part of his short time with her but another part of him was distrustful.

"You're my mother, of course I wear them," he answered, taking another step back, "But.." He wasn't even sure how to finish that sentence. She wanted to know who he was, what he was like.. interesting concept, but did she realize how impossible that might be just waltzing up this once and expecting him to act completely normal?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:01 am
His statement pulled at the strings of her heart making her wince when he added a but to the end of it. But, she had been gone too long and should give up, they were just feathers, she'd given two others one of them, he however was one of the only creatures to have two of them, a complete set.

"I can't say sorry because I don't regret my decision, I am selfish, I know that...but your upbringing.." it's not my fault, that's not apart of my job description I gave birth to you and passed you off, I was a vessel, Kubwa was both mother and father. "Was Kubwa's work, not mine. So how you feel reflects his judgment."

She sighed, no she would never come home for good, not to Kubwa, not to watch her lover wither away and her son after him, no. Leaving her second born had been hard and she knew she would not visit him, he truly was a mistake, one that should not have happened. Tetemeko was chance, Hewa was ignorance.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:22 am
Up until that point, Tetemeko had mostly been confused and iffy on how he should be responding to this visit with his mother. Her lack of regret, admitting to be selfish.. it was respectable but at the same time very unlikable. It was good you could admit it, but it was a very unattractive quality in anyone, let alone one's own mother. The mention of his upbringing caught more of his attention than her appearance had, though. When she dared to blame Kubwa for his less than welcoming reception to the mother who had abandoned him, he bristled and finally he was the one who took a step forward.

"He may have been the only one to raise me, but a parent's job is not to control their cubs but to help them as they figure things out; not that you would know that," he snapped, "He's never said anything bad about you, I've formulated my own opinion and your blaming him is not helping you at all."

Tetemeko loved his father, like hell he was going to let Boma talk about him like that. Maybe she would clue in to what she was missing out on by having skipped out on all of this, but he doubted it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:49 am
She did not back down like he did at his advance towards her, it showed weakness, a dominance issue. "It is natural for you to defend him," anger started to edge into her voice as she spoke, "I'm blaming him for not teaching you to respect your elders, especially a goddess." She worried about her temper but knew she would never harm Tete, he was her blood.

"Your father was young and naive like I am, things are different than they appear," she knew she could not explain what she really felt, that she was afraid to see him die and that was just how selfish she was, "I am sorry for insulting him, I love him more than you would think." She loved him a million times more than she understood herself, he was like her kryptonite, her weakness when it came to everything about her.

"I saw him before, from a distance," she quickly added, "He looks nice with such a full mane, and I also saw that he has thinned out and looks ragged, have you been tugging him around?" She tried to control the situation, tried to make it more light hearted, a goddess always trying to keep control was likely to lose it.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:19 pm
Tete had not backed away out of submission before, but because he was uncomfortable with how close she felt she must be to him. Now that his own temper was rising, he was stepping closer as almost an intimidation tactic. It was not like he could actually take on a goddess, or like he really would- but it was clear he would argue with her all he pleased.

"If you wanted to be treated as only a goddess, you should not- would not have made sure I knew you were my mother," he hissed bluntly, he'd have known who she was and perhaps still would not have treated her as only a goddess.. but if that was what she wanted, and it clearly seemed to be, then that is how he would treat her.

"You have a funny way of showing your love," he said plainly, angrily and with no intention of simply answering that last question.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:43 pm
Boma growled exasperated they were both on two different different pages of the same book, both coming from two very opposite ends of life. She may have given birth to him but the only thing she saw of herself was his appearance and apparent temper.

"I am both, your elder and a goddess you should show respect too, do you treat your grandmother in this way?" she grunted at him harshly. "What do you know of love? Have you had to bury two daughters and a son? Loving someone so much and seeing them die..it is unbearable." She growled, "And one day you'll be burying Kubwa. Love is being there before and after death. Love is knowing you will always come back, and I came back. Maybe not in the way he would like, or would have liked for you. But, I came back. I wanted you to know that I cared...even if we are not on the same level of understanding about my caring." Tears welled and poured down her face, apparently some pregnancy hormones were left over because she had been ever emotional as of late. she was growling and muttering incomprehensibly trying to get a point across that was futile to be used as a valid point at all.

Tisiphone

Feline Prophet

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:59 pm
Tetemeko had never heard a thing about any sisters or brothers he might have- or apparently have had- but he tried not to focus on that. She was not making any sense, yes there was something to what she was saying but there was a very hypocritical side to it as well. He was unphased by her tears, still a young adult he was entitled to the "I hate my parents/no one understands me" moments- and that was all he could seemingly express at that moment.

"Love is being there before and after death," he repeated after her, emphasizing some very important parts, "You may have the after part handled, but you aren't really here before. You came back to make sure I knew you cared, yet all you do is blame my father for how I turned out. Well you know what, I'm glad- it is his fault, and he did better than you could have."

He huffed angrily.

"There is a different kind of respect reserved for parents," he explained, "You've earned none of it, and if you want respect as an elder and a goddess, that's all you're going to be. And if that's the case, I better bow out now before I seriously offend you as a goddess."

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff