T_T
View Results

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:21 pm
I invited some people to the guild and I was either expecting to see them around the guild shortly or not at all, and that would be my clue as to whether or not they joined.

Well, I got a PM this afternoon from one of the girls I invited and it went as follows:

Quote:
Thank you, but really it doesn't seem my kind of place. Exclusion based on anything a person cannot help being, in this case male, rubs me the wrong way. And since I generally get on better with guys than with other gals, I think I'd better just keep myself to myself in this instance.

It made me feel bad and then it made me wonder. Are other people seeing our guild as sexist? Or even a bit elitist? Just for the fact that it´s girls-only? I really hope people aren´t seeing it that way because that´s just not what this guild is for. @_@;;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:41 pm
There's no argument that goes with the sense that it's sexist because, well, it is. It's a girls only guild. I think it's just the fact that some people get more upset about it than others because of silly reasons. I can name all of my close friends on my one hand and all of them are boys.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that this girl took something as silly (not meaning to offend, but in retrospect of blantant and even harsher sexism that there is in this world) as a Gaia guild and said that it's something major and that you should be ashamed.

It's stupid and I wouldn't really worry about it.  

Mari Star 146

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:57 pm
I guess technically it is sexist for the fact that it´s girls-only... but even with that being so I wouldn´t consider sexist at all. x_x;;

I don´t know why it´s getting to me... but it is. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:58 pm
i dont think this guild is. i've seen plenty of boys only guilds. were just bigger then them.  

lovegenie

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Well yeah, but we are technically being sexist just for the fact that we are excluding boys. But... we´re not doing it to be harmful or because we think they´re inferior. x_x;;  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:04 pm
die kleine Fee
Well yeah, but we are technically being sexist just for the fact that we are excluding boys. But... we´re not doing it to be harmful or because we think they´re inferior. x_x;;

Exactly and that's the reason I'm saying not to worry about it.

Someone just got their panties in a twist because she's probably been ostracized by girls (probably the reason why she has more guy than girl friends) and felt offended that this guild "offends" her friends that are guys by not accepting them.

Political correctness is ruining this society and this is an example of how.  

Mari Star 146

Yuki Rini-chan

Invisible Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:06 pm
I think this guild if just fine^^ I mean, really. There are some places that only girls go to because, well, that place ONLY pertains to us FEmales and nothing what-so-ever to guys^^ Therefore, I think that message was a bit over the edge >> << Or something like that xD Just ignore it^^

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:09 pm
OMG THARS LYKE A CREW ONLY SUBFURM N HURR. U GUYZ R XCLUDIN US.

No one says something like that in this guild when basically, that's what it's doing. It's creating a barrier for specific people as this guild is. Is it wrong? No. So a girl's only guild isn't wrong.  

Mari Star 146

Ayakashi-sama

Desirable Sex Symbol

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:11 pm
well there is a lot of ways of seeing this guild.....
I think
that this guild isn't sexist or anything.

we can't talk to guys about menstrations or about what to do when our boyfriends cheats on us or anything.

sometimes we just want a girl perspective and read about others experiences.

and if we include boys... well we actually could invite boys... BUT
then it wouldn't be as easy to write stuff here.
I'm really sure guys want to read about girls masturbating and having sex for the first time.
but they don't need to know or they don't need advice!

I think this guild is of girls for girls and girls only.
it has nothing to do about that we hate guys or are keeping all of this secret. or maybe it is.....
but I don't think a guy would ever ask, "OMG what I'm I going to do >.< I got my period and I got a blood spot showing in class"
....>.> or something like that.....
well maybe it could be good for guys to read this stuff, because then they will maybe understand us.... I dunno I don't think that could happen....
since we don't understand them.....
well thats all I guess xD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:32 pm
Thank you guys, you make me feel better. x3

I really don´t know why I was letting it get to me... I really just can´t stand upsetting people. gonk  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:16 pm
Call me insensitive, but...so what if it's sexist/elitist?
We have fun here, and if guys are allowed to have their own little clubs, then by George so are we. <---irony
I mean the whole point of this guild is so girls can discuss things with each other without feeling embarrassed in front of guys and stuff like that. There's a comradeship among us; it's nothing to be ashamed of.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:14 pm
That's exactly what I thought! And I knew that if she had even just taken a gander at the actual guild page, she'd have liked it. The guild isn't about girls being better or anything like that, it just makes me sad that some people see it that way.  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:53 pm
I hear ya! DX
I hate making people upset too, I'm extremely sensitive and a comment like that would sure as heck make me sad.
Still, I wouldn't let it ruin the experience of being part of this guild.
Whenever someone says something that hurts my feelings, I always tell myself I'll forget it in a day or so. =/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:47 am

They cant say that.
This guild has been put here to help girls out.
And believe it or not, i think maybe we have helped some girls with their life problems.
The guys are not missing out on much exept the cookies.
Other than that its everything a guy wishes not to hear in his life.

So in my opinion, this guild is just one place for girls to hang out.
biggrin

o0Roxy0o
Captain

Sweetheart

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:15 am
Sayer of the Truth
I hear ya! DX
I hate making people upset too, I'm extremely sensitive and a comment like that would sure as heck make me sad.
Still, I wouldn't let it ruin the experience of being part of this guild.
Whenever someone says something that hurts my feelings, I always tell myself I'll forget it in a day or so. =/

Something like that would never ruin my experience in the guild. x3 Something would have to happen to me within the guild for that to happen. :3  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff