Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Pokemon Academy

Back to Guilds

This is a discussion guild for all aspects of Pokemon - games, anime, TCG, fan art, etc. We even have a roleplay and minigame forum. 

Tags: Pokemon, games, anime, discussion, roleplaying 

Reply Gaian Pokemon Academy
chikorita,totodile or cyndaquil ?? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wich one ?
chikorita
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
cyndaquil
66%
 66%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

mirei834934_geomancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:27 pm
i'm just a beginner so i need your opinion ,what pokemon should i get from prof.elm :  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:29 pm
june834934-limegreen
i'm just a beginner so i need your opinion ,what pokemon should i get from prof.elm :

i didn't make totodile an option because i don't reallly like water types  

mirei834934_geomancer

Airelesanya
Captain

Dedicated Trainer

15,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:19 pm
User Image

First of all, which game are you talking about? Since you said Prof. Elm I'd assume G/S/C, but if you are looking for help in the future, please try to be a bit more specific when making a thread, especially by noting the game you need help with - it helps others help you. smile

All right... you've decided against Totodile, which is perfectly fine. I guess the question I'd have to ask you would be which type would you prefer to train? Game-wise, Cyndaquil will have an easier time getting through the first few gyms, plus you won't find another Fire-type for quite some time. Chikorita is a decent Pokemon too though, so it really comes down to personal preference. If it were me, I'd go with Cyndaquil, but it's really up to you in the long run.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:38 am
MAKE TOTODILE AN OPTION I PERFER HIM  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:40 pm
Even though you probably already decided, I'm going to go ahead and give my opinion... domokun

Cyndaquil is a beast, having a relatively easy time in both the beginning and against the Johto E4. Combined with Lugia, the two of them can pretty much tear through the entire game with little effort at all.

Chikorita...is different. It's different in the sence that it is very powerful as a competitive monster because of its good mix of defensive moves and stats, but not really one for seek and destroy gameplay. This little pokemon will have an easy time taking out a few enemies that are higher level, but when placed with its peers performs at the exact same level.

Tododile is good now, but with no STAB to go with its attack stat and considering most of its moves were special attacks, sucked rather hard during the days of G/S/C.

Either way, you should raise an Eevee to lvl 30 and then evolve it to Espeon, and don't forget to grab a Donphan. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:22 pm
my faral was a beast, tyro was one two. id go with cynt if you want power and speed. chicka is a defencive pokemon like typhoon and aire have sayed it seems most grass types tend to be defensive ( septile the counter). if you chose chicka remember synthesis synthesis synthesis  

neojoe39

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:55 am
i would choose cydaquill  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:18 pm
Cyndaquil makes for the easiest early game, and in my opinion, the greatest move pool and statistics of the three starters. Poor Meganium gets screwed for being a quadruped.  

Mikallen

Havoc_R_covaH

Magnetic Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:30 pm
CYNDAQUILL!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:13 pm
I've come up with somthing for the starter pokemon.

Grass is like the past because it;s in away the beginning,
Water. the presant because all like reqiures it.
Fire the future because fire is destruction.

ya it's sounds crappy but when ya think about it it makes a little sense  

Havoc_R_covaH

Magnetic Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

seaheartbb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:35 am
where is todotile in this poll  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:40 pm
Mikallen
Cyndaquil makes for the easiest early game, and in my opinion, the greatest move pool and statistics of the three starters. Poor Meganium gets screwed for being a quadruped.

yeah...poor meganium.

and i agree... you should go with cyndaquil. it simply makes things easier in the long run, and fire types are hard to find.  

georgie is a pirate

DancerAngel22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:17 pm
I would choose chikorita oh wait i always choose her. I really have no reason why but since you all like cyndaquil i would choose that one too.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:20 am
-randomly- GO CINDY biggrin  

DAT TUTORE

5,000 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200

magic mystery and mayhem

4,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150