Couldn't care less.
View Results

TickleMeBreathless

5,550 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:29 pm

Maybe you could just talk to her about it? I know, that always seems like the worst, most obvious option. But if you don't talk to HER about it, and it slips out elsewhere, then in the end she'll just be hurt that you DIDN'T talk to her about it. It's not like you're asking her to STOP drawing, just to... be more considerate to your feelings. Like... Maybe just ask her to stop bragging? Or to whomever brags and shows it off to you. Maybe you could watch her draw, and pick up on some tips to improve your own drawing skills. [I've felt the same way many a time]

I hope you get it worked out, doll. ^^ *huggle*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:08 pm
Tell her. :3 I was very jealous (and I can still be sometimes) of my friend Meg growing up because she was always better at drawing and art in general than I was, but I talked to her about it, and then we started having art sessions together and she would teach me things like techniques that she used. :3 She also taught me how to use photoshop (which I´ve totally forgotten, but oh well).  

die kleine Fee

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100

Digital Bee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:38 pm
I'm jealous of my best friend too, but not because of she draws better than me. We both can't draw... anyway, she's better than me in academics and sometimes, when she gets better marks than me (especially in writing and when I'm in a moody state), I will stop talking to her and start thinking about bad things about her.

I like writing stories. She didn't, at first. To began with, I wrote a story in my essay paper. I think it's a fairly good one and got a high marks with it (although my grammar isn't that good). Anyway, she read them. On the next paper, she wrote a story. A different story from mine. And she got a higher marks than me because that time I'm not writing a story (I wrote a factual essay, I think). So, I praised her and she said "Now, I think I like writing story!".

And so, it begans. The jealousy. She wrote mostly stories in every essay paper and get higher marks than me (I didn't like writing a story anymore that time, so I stopped writing it). And most of the time, I will get angry and stop talking to her for a while. Sometimes, I thought that the teacher liked her more than she liked me. My best friend is prettier than me, so everyone liked her. Eventhough she's quiet most of the time, like me, everyone wants to be her friend. Me? Nobody wants to be my friend. Whatever I do, everyone will hate me. I also have a hunch that my best friend's parents don't like me too.

One day, I got a higher marks than her in physics i think. She is not even happy with my achievement. So, I asked her "Don't you feel happy for me?" She said back to me "Do you ever feel happy when I got a higher marks than you?". At that time, I opened up my feelings to her and she said that she never felt that competitive towards me and she's just lucky to get higher marks. After that, I knew that I should be happy for her if she got higher marks... and not praying for her downfall. She's my best friend after all. Whatever we do, we will still be best friends. However, the jealousy is still there, but I controlled it.

I think, she didn't mean to show she is more skillful than you are. If it's true that you both are best friends, open up to her. Nothing bad will happen if that friendship is supposed to be forever.

Good luck! I hope it will all work up in the end! mrgreen  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces