Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Favourite Olympian Goddess? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which is your favourite?
  Hera
  Demeter
  Hestia
  Athena
  Aphrodite
  Artemis
  Persephone
  Enyo
  Eilethyia
View Results

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:08 pm
I'm not sure. Possibly, although the Jews have been discriminated against by people other than the Nazi regime.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:29 pm
Akherontis
I'm not sure. Possibly, although the Jews have been discriminated against by people other than the Nazi regime.

You mean the Nazi Jackarses merely worsened and intensified it to the point that H e b e's name paid for it in censorship?
That's just prime! *Wants to headdesk or headwall, or whatever it is that Cows would do, right about now*

H e b e did nothing wrong to deserve having her name get censored at all. emo
Does she have a Roman name that we can call her by, that isn't censored?  

Javier Cross

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:32 pm
Javier Cross
Akherontis

You mean the Nazi Jackarses merely worsened and intensified it to the point that H e b e's name paid for it in censorship?
That's just prime! *Wants to headdesk or headwall, or whatever it is that Cows would do, right about now*

Her Latin name is Juventas, but I prefer the proper Hellenistic naming convention. It's possible to get past the filters just by including the typographical spelling, Hēbē.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:26 am
Akherontis
Javier Cross
Akherontis

Her Latin name is Juventas, but I prefer the proper Hellenistic naming convention. It's possible to get past the filters just by including the typographical spelling, Hēbē.

Thanks, officer.

Its either Hēbē or Juventas, and either of them is far better than calling her ********, if you ask me!  

Javier Cross

Javier Cross

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:11 pm
I wish to help anyone voting for the Goddesses, right now.
So can i bring the thread back up?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:12 pm
I like them all...
Starting with Athena, Hestia, Enyo, Persephone, Hera, and so on...  

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

Spottedteddybears

Vicious Pants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:13 pm
Javier Cross

I did... biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:18 pm
Spottedteddybears
Javier Cross

I did... biggrin

Thanks, teddy bears!  

Javier Cross

jbsnickerdoodle

2,650 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:14 am
I personally would choose Hestia simply because A:she really isn't a very memorable god. she deserves more respect. though I personally always forget her when I name off the gods sweatdrop . B:she really is the god that does ACTUAL housework.Athena, while smart and pretty, is all battle strategy "O.K., we'll take the couch on from behind and move on to the fridge. after that, all out war agains those dishes!" Aphrodite would probably just try to smooth talk to the dishes. "come on, first the dishwasher, then my bedroom." Hestia REALLY would take care of the house.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:35 pm
jbsnickerdoodle
I personally would choose Hestia simply because A:she really isn't a very memorable god. she deserves more respect. though I personally always forget her when I name off the gods sweatdrop . B:she really is the god that does ACTUAL housework.Athena, while smart and pretty, is all battle strategy "O.K., we'll take the couch on from behind and move on to the fridge. after that, all out war agains those dishes!" Aphrodite would probably just try to smooth talk to the dishes. "come on, first the dishwasher, then my bedroom." Hestia REALLY would take care of the house.

This.
Besides, Hestia appears to be the one Goddess in least need to be kept an eye on, in order to keep everyone sane.  

Javier Cross

Etoiles_Grace

6,950 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:51 am
I picked Athena because she is wise and is not like Hera  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 am
ARTEMIS!!!  

Night_of_the_Phoenix

Conservative Genius

5,650 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Autobiographer 200

Amaise

1,950 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:24 pm
Daughter of Hades
Persephone because she is my mother goddess. Also, I agree, she went willingly, knowing that he was more like the "bad-boy" of the brothers.

I love persephone i've always liked her. And i'm glad both her and Hades love eachother and are happy. What makes me mad is when people can't pronounce her name.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 pm
Hestia tends to be forgotten nowadays because all we have left are the Greek myths, in which she features scarcely. But in classical times, the RELIGION was more important than the myth and legend. Hestia was quite prominent in daily worship, especially in the ordinary Greek household and during civic festivals.

This is also the reason Zeus tends to be characterized as a skirt-chasing b*****d in modern interpretations, because we are using only the myths as a reference to his nature. Religiously speaking, Zeus was the arbiter of justice, the bringer of law, language and civic prosperity, the keeper of oaths, the protector of strangers, guests and travellers, the enforcer of hospitality, the punisher of unspeakable crimes, and the chief patron of all Hellenic civilization. Of all the gods, he did the most for the human race, and his mercy was always tempered with justice, however cruel it might seem in the view of our contemporary ethical biases. He's so much more than just a lecherous tyrant, and even then you must take into consideration that most of his b*****d children ended up ridding the ancient world of monsters left over from the previous age, so there was some oft-unaccounted-for strategy to his adultery.

I might also add that the reverse is true of Hades. While the myths feature very few scandalous acts commited by Hades, especially in comparison to the deeds of his brothers, that is once again only taking the myths into account, unfiltered through the lens of the ancient Greek religion. Hades was certainly not the devil, but he was still a deity of bone-chilling darkness, without any mercy or compassion. He was just and fair, yet very strict, and also possessing a very clear sense of ironic cruelty when conceiving unique punishments for the inhabitants of Tartaros. Sisyphos and Tantalos spring to mind. The Hellenes were terrified of Hades. He didn't commit as many disreputable acts as his brothers, not because he was more altruistic than Zeus and Poseidon, but because he never left the underworld anyway, except once, to abduct Persephone. He had no temples, and people would never utter his name for fear of attracting his attention. The name Hades itself, derived from Aidoneus, means 'the Unseen One'. Basically 'He Who Must Not Be Named', for you Harry Potter fans out there.  

Akherontis
Captain

Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas