Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
40k Rule Questions & Clarifications Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:41 am
ArletaMagic
Asmondai
ArletaMagic
....maybe suggest getting a subscription to WD....

talk2hand

Haynao, don't be hatin, lol!
I'm agreeing with Asmondai here, not because I am a hater, but rather because if you want to get back into the hobby proper, I'd stick with a new rulebook paired with a warm and welcoming on-line community first. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:34 am
ArletaMagic
commissar ibram gaunt
ArletaMagic
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
well i just looked into it, in my hast to get a rule book, i ordered mine while the 5th was still current, how ever the 6th was released 1 day before the 5th arrived at my door step. since i had ordered the 5th edition, i have not been back to the site. and in fact i i didnt know the shadowsword i had bought at games work-shop, back in 2008 i think, was a limited time only deal. any ways the new edition is ordered and hopefully will take only about a week or so to get here.

I'm sorry for any trouble my mistake my have caused... at lest we caught it in time... and for that i thank you all sweatdrop
Oh my, that's quite a slip! emotion_jawdrop

You may want to pop on their site a bit more often to avoid any more nasty surprises and if in doubt, do not hesitate to post your questions in the guild here, we are always happy to help out! emotion_yatta

10 minutes ago was the first time in almost a year that i have been on there website (just ordered the new book, and it should be here in a few days).

I would also maybe suggest getting a subscription to WD.... it will keep you up to date on all the new information coming up biggrin . always helps to be knowledgeable of new stuff coming out smile

had one, it was canceled for some unknown reason 6 months into the year long subscription (gave me 6 free copies) , i got 18 issues some where in a box. never really felt like renewing it. guess i was just scared it would get canceled again

If you're as far out as DarkElf says you are, might be useful. How far is the closest Hobby store to you?

the closest one to me, there's supposedly a games workshop out in the city over 100 miles away. sadly im the hotels only employee so i have to work every day some times late into the night as well. so i cant take off on a 200 mile round trip for a store they may or may not be there. to much of a cost with fair to great of a risk  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:09 am
commissar ibram gaunt
the closest one to me, there's supposedly a games workshop out in the city over 100 miles away. sadly im the hotels only employee so i have to work every day some times late into the night as well. so i cant take off on a 200 mile round trip for a store they may or may not be there. to much of a cost with fair to great of a risk
You can always check here for the closest store: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:24 am
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt
You can always check here for the closest store: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/storelocator/search.jsp

well what i mean by there's supposedly one is i found a face book page for a store located in the state's capital city. how ever i have never seen it with my own eyes. so it may or may not be there. (i tend to take every thing on the web with a grain of salt as you never know if its a joke or just misinformation.) but i will look into it  

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:13 am
What state?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:13 am
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt

well what i mean by there's supposedly one is i found a face book page for a store located in the state's capital city. how ever i have never seen it with my own eyes. so it may or may not be there. (i tend to take every thing on the web with a grain of salt as you never know if its a joke or just misinformation.) but i will look into it
Also consider looking into gaming stores outside of GW. There are often gaming stores which stock WH40K stuff (as well as other franchises) and have a couple gaming tables.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 am
Lady Blodwynn
ArletaMagic
Asmondai
ArletaMagic
....maybe suggest getting a subscription to WD....

talk2hand

Haynao, don't be hatin, lol!
I'm agreeing with Asmondai here, not because I am a hater, but rather because if you want to get back into the hobby proper, I'd stick with a new rulebook paired with a warm and welcoming on-line community first. wink

3nodding
For an 8€ "hobby"-magazine, there´s whole a lot of advertising then
anything to do with the actual hobby.
Trust us, your better off with online-communities and forums then that
over-prized catalogue. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:40 pm
commissar ibram gaunt
GW stores all have their own facebook page. Just check the address there and the most recent post, that should give you an idea whether it is real or not.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

commissar ibram gaunt

Dedicated Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:37 pm
DarkElf27
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt

Also consider looking into gaming stores outside of GW. There are often gaming stores which stock WH40K stuff (as well as other franchises) and have a couple gaming tables.
year, but again, its 59 miles to the only gaming store. really dont have the cash. how ever folks in town go to the capital city a lot, so im thinking of just setting up a ride with some one  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:29 pm
The only GW store in my state is in OKC, but I go to an independent store in Tulsa. They have six 40K tables, two for Warmachine and seven folding tables for misc. gaming of modeling and painting. I have only been to the GW store once, and that was opening day. I was the third or fourth person in the door. I was not really all that impressed.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ArletaMagic

Hygienic Fairy

10,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:00 am
commissar ibram gaunt
DarkElf27
commissar ibram gaunt
Lady Blodwynn
commissar ibram gaunt

year, but again, its 59 miles to the only gaming store. really dont have the cash. how ever folks in town go to the capital city a lot, so im thinking of just setting up a ride with some one

When I lived in Atlanta, my closest alternative was a store called HobbyTown USA. They're much bigger than a GW, but tend to carry more stuff, in addition to other games as well. That's why I suggested a hobby store. There were no gaming tables, but people there may be able to direct you to a local gaming club.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:45 am
I've been contributing to this as well, but I think we need to get back on the topic of rule discussion and continue all further store discussion in a new thread, preferably in the Chatterbox, yes-yes?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:07 pm
I just recently got the Death From the Skies book I was trying to look something up for a friend in it, but I cannot seem to get an answer from it. Can the Space Wolves use the Stormraven or Stormtalon, or are they going to get new flyers later? The reason I ask the second question is because the book has entries for Space Wolf aerial maneuvers and Ace Pilots.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:52 pm
Sean King
I just recently got the Death From the Skies book I was trying to look something up for a friend in it, but I cannot seem to get an answer from it. Can the Space Wolves use the Stormraven or Stormtalon, or are they going to get new flyers later? The reason I ask the second question is because the book has entries for Space Wolf aerial maneuvers and Ace Pilots.
This is just GW being stupid about things, as while the Space Wolves do not have access to the codex flyers (Stormraven and Stormtalon) as of writing, they do have access to the Storm Eagle, Caestus Assault Ram and Thunderhawk, which are Forge World exclusives.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers