Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:17 pm
It doesn't specifically say that, but it references it. And I forgot where sad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:27 am
maplestoryjunky
Here it is peeps. Go crazy. xd
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapture

for the record
wikipedia is not a creditable sorce  

lordstar

Mykalus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:44 pm
Tho' the word "Rapture" does not appear in the Bible, it is believed to reference the calling home of the believers before, during or after the tribulation period, depending on which version you subscribe to. Personally, I am a pre-trib believer, which means that I believe the rapture will happen before the tribulation. There are many scriptural references to the calling away of the believers, but 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is a pretty good one.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

What this means to me is that those believers that died before Jesus' return will be called home, then those of us believers still alive will be called up.

YIC
Mykalus

Does that make sense? I apologize if I am oversimplifying things.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:10 pm
Mykalus
Tho' the word "Rapture" does not appear in the Bible, it is believed to reference the calling home of the believers before, during or after the tribulation period, depending on which version you subscribe to. Personally, I am a pre-trib believer, which means that I believe the rapture will happen before the tribulation. There are many scriptural references to the calling away of the believers, but 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 is a pretty good one.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

What this means to me is that those believers that died before Jesus' return will be called home, then those of us believers still alive will be called up.

YIC
Mykalus

Does that make sense? I apologize if I am oversimplifying things.

YEs this makes sense. What I am hearing a lot is this whole thing about 7 years or a thousand years and then.... I don't know the amount of time for the whole thing confuses me.  

dragongirl42391

Mykalus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:29 pm
The best understanding of the "time thing" is explained this way:

The tribulation will last for 7 years. The Tribulation period will begin with the antichrist making a 7 year deal with Israel. The first 3.5 years after that deal are the tribulation, then the ac will break the deal with Israel and the next 3.5 years will be the Great Tribulation. At the end of the 7 years, Jesus will return, the adversary will be defeated, everyone will be judged and the Millenium will begin. Jesus will reign on Earth for 1000 years during the Millenium.

I say that this is the "best understanding" of the scripture because no one can know for certain how God will play out these events. This is just the most widely accepted theory.

I'd like to encourage everyone interested in endtimes prophecy to read the prophets of the Bible, and Revelation and draw some of your own theories.

YIC,
Mykalus  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:50 pm
no one's sure of the exact sum of years. There could be a decade between the tribulation and the 1,000 years.

And I thought that judgment came after the 1,000 years?  

Tarantellatears

Osbert07

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:57 pm
The Great White Throne Judgment (found in Rev 20:11-15) takes place after the 1,000 years. Revelation chapter 20 speaks of the thousand-year reign of Christ on this earth.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff