Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Archive ]... // Old Theads, Quests, etc
You're gonna go far, kid (Quest for Travel)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:59 am
HI THIS IS A QUEST FOR THE GODDESS OF TRAVEL. :F

Funds: Look I can pay for things, okay.

wahmbulance Sparse details ahead! wahmbulance  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:01 am
Deity Concept's Name: Vaseryn

Deity Concept Host: S'tior

Deity Concept's Influential Domain: Travel. Modes of transportation, and means of arranging it.

Deity Concept's Gender: Female

Jewel Appearance: A trapiche emerald Sample

Skin: Caucasian, tanned

Eyes: Blue/Green eyes, kind of a turquoise color, perhaps.

Hair: Long, straight blonde hair. Down to her waist, worn loose.

Wings (if any): CC

Lineart Edits (if any): None that I can think of, though feel free to do something. biggrin

The Deity: Vaseryn is, at first, rather distrusting and uncomfortable with technology. She'll prefer to work with more traditional means of transportation (walking, horseback, wooden ships, etc), but will eventually come to embrace the changes technology has worked, especially since the whole thing expedites her services. Generally speaking, Vaseryn regards those who have arranged travel with her to be under her protection, but she is not averse to helping arrange 'accidents' and the like, especially if the person/being in question has annoyed her at some point. She can be a bit mercenary in her professional dealings with others of the Pantheon while presenting a kind, benevolent face to the mortals who seek her out.

She enjoys a bit of Chaos loosed across everything, since it makes travelers more likely to seek her protection/blessing, but privately prefers that things remain relatively stable. Tourists are a great way to make some money, after all.

Also she never wears shoes.  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:23 am
Name: S'tior

Race: Human

Body Type: Slightly shorter than average, but toned and fit.

Skin tone: Caucasian

Eye Color / style: Light green, with a ring of dark blue around the outside.

Hair Color / style: Black hair with dark reddish highlights that catch the light.

Weapon(s) of Choice: Dragonflame?

Abilities: S'tior is a (not quite) Pernese dragonrider, and as such, has a telepathic bond with his dragon Endeth.

Normal Attire: Sturdy pants in natural brown leather, white tunic-ish shirt with green and bronze detailing.

Favorite Color(s): Green, bronze

Favorite Food(s): Meatrolls and klah (coffee like drink)

Family: Twin sister, Litoni. Parents S'lior and Satoni. Foster mother Mione.

Hobbies: Carving wood. It's not a useful skill, really, but he can usually trade the carvings for other, more practical items.

Personality: Can be kind of an arrogant snot, though a lot of that behavior has stopped since Impressing Endeth. He can be serious and responsible when the mood strikes him (or when the playfully raised back of his father's hand does), but is overall a bit of a brat. Has a bit of an itch to explore and spends much of his 'time off' doing just that. The area around Limbo Weyr and Hold is not very well mapped, and S'tior has made it a pet project to change that. While he's often quite terrible at expressing it, S'tior is actually very fond of his family (even his sister) and regrets that he can't spend as much with them anymore, due to the press of duties that keep them all occupied.

Not that he'd ever tell them that. Especially his sister.

Getting the Edelsteine: While exploring, finds one of the Window Shards that caused the original disaster that led to the creation of Limbo Weyr. Stupidly touches it, which transports himself and Endeth to the Edelverse.

Look, sometimes he's just not very bright, okay?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 am
S'tior is a Pernese dragonrider, hailing from a place called Limbo Weyr. Limbo is a bit of fanwank on my part - I was heavily involved in Pern RP back before I started on Gaia, and Limbo was, well, my non-canon Weyr based on an original universe. Yes, the same one Idhren hails from. They're entirely separate from each other due to ~magic~ and S'tior has no idea that Limbo exists as anything other than the name of the Weyr and Hold. Idhren, conversely, has no idea that the Weyr exists, and knows exactly what Limbo is. (Limbo is a Realm. Other Realms include Earth, Heaven, Hell, and Purgatory look I was in high school and this wasn't all just me, okay. Limbo is broken up into Regions. The oldest Region is Oblivion, which is where Idhren (and Ithiltari!) are from - as well as where Limbo Weyr itself is located. Other Regions include Nowhere, Anywhere, Somewhere, and other ones that I forget and aren't important. All the Regions are linked by means of Doors which can only be established by agreement of the two Regional Rules; Oblivion has the largest collection of these, since most Founders wander into it first and go on to establish a Region. Doors to other Realms are generally kept isolated from the normal populace of a Region, but are kind of default created when the Region is founded. Limbo's a large place, with lots of 'There Be Dragons' emptiness on the map. Regions serve different functions, depending on name and personal inclination of the Ruler. Oblivion is also the only one with a set of Doors linking to places outside the Realms, which is how Idhren got to the Edelverse. There is also a Hall of Windows in Oblivion that lets the Ruler be a fannish git and watch 'fictional' worlds, which is how Limbo Weyr got created (there was an accident, the Weyr is only visible through a Window and has no Door, there is not much the Ruler can do to affect the Weyr, though I did apparently make a Door from the Weyr to Pern, since they recruited a lot of people from Pern. asdjkasfhdf what was I on). This is all probably not very relevant to the discussion.)

At any rate, Limbo Weyr was (is still, I guess; I poke at the details every once in a while) incredibly non-canon. There were a lot of extra dragon colors introduced, mostly females who ranked higher than Golds. These were based on the mostly Goddesses who ruled the various regions of Limbo, because the Ruler of Oblivion is a bit of an egotist, apparently. There were also a few extra male dragons added who ranked above/around Bronze, as well as the Elementals, dragons who functioned a lot like Greens and Blues. Once again, I was in high school and this wasn't all my idea.

SO YEAH ANYWAY, S'tior's mom is Satoni, the current Senior Weyrwoman, and his dad is S'lior, the Senior Weyrleader. They're weyrmates, it's really quite lovely and lets not talk about how that happened, because it involves me lying. S'tior has a twin sister named Litoni, who I can't remember what dragon color she ends up with. Last time I updated everything, the twins were only 8 (they'd be 11 now, since everyone aged in roughly real time, I'm skipping ahead in the timeline a bit). S'tior Impressed his Bronze Endeth from a clutch Venath and Kaldeth had (his parent's dragons). Went through Weyrling training, etc etc etc, stuff was boring (I always hated Weyrling Training, and if you'd had over 50 characters to run through it in various forms, you'd hate it too). Ended up in Sunflare Wing (dear god what is with these names), and through sheer natural arrogance (and a bit of actual ability), ended up a very young Wingthird (very much Dead Men's Shoes, what with the Threadfall killing people all over the place (I have an Excel spreadsheet for it, actually)).

It's at this point that S'tior leaves the Weyr and heads to the Edelverse...

((WALL OF TEXT CRITS YOU FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE))  

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:28 am
OKAY YOU CAN POST NOW i don't know why you'd want to, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:44 am
*EATS MINIWINGS*  

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ithiltari

Learned Bibliophile

17,475 Points