Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

missymisa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:35 pm
Ok......I didn't make myself very clear did I? oh well  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:43 am
etchedspirit
After I broke up with my last b/f I promised God that I would not get another one until I graduated high school. But the thing is, is that during prom, the guy I went with kissed me... after that we talked about it and I said I don't wanna become an official couple until after i graduate. so he waited for me, and while that's all nice and dandy, I'm still left to wonder....did I break my promise with that kiss???? question

such a promiss seems silly

do you really think God would worry about a kiss
really now
perhaps punching babies might light up the radar

i don't know what your running from
and whatever it is
get over it  

lordstar

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:43 pm
some promises are made to be kept and some just arent. lordstar is right.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:13 am
whoa, calm down, and take a deep breath. if HE kissed you... pray tell, how exactly did YOU break a promise? Don't let small things like this get to you. If you feel strngly that you shouldn't date... then dont. no one's forcing you to do anything you don't want to do. God gave us freewill, and while i agree with lordstar... i think he should have put it a little more nicely than "Get over it". dude, seriously... that's not cool. You'd be surprised in the power of words, and words such as that can have a devastating effect on someone who is already on the breaking point. anyways, just take it easy and relax, you've done nothing wrong, especially since you talked to him, and told him you were gonna wait till after high school. Because of that, you stayed true to your promise, so dont sweat it. =D  

thrashmetaljunkie

Dcaff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:40 am
I suppose specifically to answer the question, No. By him kissing you the promise has not been broken because kissing him doesn't mean you're dating. The kiss might not have been the best plan cuz it obviously does create that question in both of your minds... "I really like this person, should we take this further?"

I guess the real quesion would be, would you like to date this person? Dating someone is obviously a choice. While it isn't like some horrible thing to partake in, in a Christian sense dating has a purpose: pursuing a marriage relationship. Would you want to marry this guy? If the answer is "No" or "I don't know" then it isn't time for dating. If you need more time to check this guy out, you can do that as a friend just as easily! All through high school and college, I dated a lot of girls. My wife never dated anyone and waited for me. Looking at the two choices, I honestly look back and wish I could have saved myself the heartache of all those relationships gone wrong and just trusted God in the first place that he had somebody all picked out for me and that she'd come along when the time was right. You don't have to worry about Mr. Right passing you by. God won't let that happen!

Above all else, a promise has been made to God and that promise should be held in high regard. Some of our promises aren't very well thought out, sometimes we break our pomises...God knows and understands that and he Loves us. If the relationship between us and God rested soully on our ability to stick close to him, we'd be in pretty bad shape. We are told that nothing can separate us from God's love, but not because of us...its because He holds tightly to us! He doesn't waver, we do. He always keeps his promises, we don't.

So there's a couple things to think about, for what it's worth. Hope that helps give you a little more insight. Just look at the reasons for wanting to date this guy and most of all PRAY about it! It might FEEL like a complicated decision, but it is really very simple and if you're still before God, he's obviously the authority on this whole deal, he's got the best advice and he'll help you through this.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:37 pm
So true ... so true ...

Not dating until after high school is a noble aspiration, especially when you understand that, right now, your world is forever in turmoil and you are still trying to figure out how to deal with it all. *can you tell I'm older?*

Being friends right now, even close friends, is really the farthest you need to get with someone unless you are ready to take the step into marriage. Now, some may say that I am being a bit on the extreme side, but the Bible does exhort us to keep our selves pure for our future spouses. That means in EVERYTHING, which is really tough right now. Speaking from the vantage point as someone who thought that as long as you didn't have sex with someone other than your spouse, you were okay--totally wrong, btw: God's rules are very clear--NOTHING until marriage.

Don't be like me and have to find out the whys on the other side of the issue. Just remain pure, as pure as you can, leaning on the Holy Spirit to give you strength to resist the enemy.

Hope this helps a bit.  

TyrsKat

missymisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:51 pm
Thx guys! That helps. You know my youth leader did say the same thing, that I didn't break the promise, but I guess I just wanted to be sure by getting more input from other people  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:14 pm
etchedspirit
After I broke up with my last b/f I promised God that I would not get another one until I graduated high school. But the thing is, is that during prom, the guy I went with kissed me... after that we talked about it and I said I don't wanna become an official couple until after i graduate. so he waited for me, and while that's all nice and dandy, I'm still left to wonder....did I break my promise with that kiss???? question

First of all you're an idiot for making a promise to the Lord. I'm not trying to flame you and that did sound very harsh, but it's true. You're a sinner, and sinners cannot make promises with God. It's impossible. So you should've made it in the first place.

Instead, a smarter route would've been to pray for strangth to focus on school and resist dating.

ChibiLi

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:38 pm
still don't know why she would make a promiss like that in the first place
what was so bad with the last bf

get over it (not to be confused with GET OVER IT) was just me trying to provoke the information out of her

didn't expect her to be so calm...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:54 pm
ChibiLi
etchedspirit

First of all you're an idiot for making a promise to the Lord. I'm not trying to flame you and that did sound very harsh, but it's true. You're a sinner, and sinners cannot make promises with God. It's impossible. So you should've made it in the first place.

Instead, a smarter route would've been to pray for strangth to focus on school and resist dating.
ok... i'll say this is a... much... NICER way. Yes, we cannot make a promise to God. We aren't perfect, we could never fully keep it. But, a promise such as dating, that all depends on free will... that promise is more of a crutch, something to lean on, something to remember about when someone asks you out. A promise such as this IS possible to keep... if you can take not having a bf or gf for all of high school. If so, i congradualte you... i never could >.<  

thrashmetaljunkie

lordstar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:28 pm
thrashmetaljunkie
ChibiLi
etchedspirit

ok... i'll say this is a... much... NICER way. Yes, we cannot make a promise to God. We aren't perfect, we could never fully keep it. But, a promise such as dating, that all depends on free will... that promise is more of a crutch, something to lean on, something to remember about when someone asks you out. A promise such as this IS possible to keep... if you can take not having a bf or gf for all of high school. If so, i congradualte you... i never could >.<

and i thought i was being harsh...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:40 pm
Oh my goodness people, you all are pretty harsh, but, you know, whatever. I'm not gonna get all emotional over it. It's not like I go around making a promise to God all the time or something, and when I did make that "promise" with God, it was more like something to keep me from getting a boyfriend again in high school. I only did it to keep myself in check, I wanted to please God and I thought that the only way I could ever hope to acomplish that was by doing what I did. I only did it because...when I fianlly go to heaven I want to hear him say to me " I am pleased with you" I know that God loves us no matter what, despite all that we have done, despite that we are not perfect, but that's the reason why!! I want to make Him happy because he loves me!  

missymisa

planet ice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:36 pm
lordstar
etchedspirit

really now

and whatever it is
get over it

any wrong thing u do is bad whether its a white lie or murder  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:51 pm
stv_drummer23
lordstar
etchedspirit

really now

and whatever it is
get over it

any wrong thing u do is bad whether its a white lie or murder

a little harsh dont ya think LITTLE BRO?
i don't think it was wrong....well now i don't XD  

missymisa

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas