Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
The Worst Sounding Language? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mashed Computer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:20 am
I can't say I'm a fan of German; it's so harsh. Ugh.
I don't enjoy the sound of French either... I don't really know to put it, but it's guttural in a very unpleasant way...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:18 pm
marooned_sushi
but in the film "Pan's Labyrinth" I adored the way the language sounded and my heart was fluttering from the beauty. redface

I loved that movie. heart

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:26 pm
Pans Labyrinth was waaay overrated. WAAAAY.

And whats with the English title? In Spanish it was "El Labarinto del Fauno" which actually makes sense. How does that translate to "Pan's Labyrinth"? It doesn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:44 am
If I'm right in guessing that 'el fauno' means 'the faun', then it's probably to do with the Greek God Pan, who looked like a faun. Or was a faun, I'm not sure.  

Lawrencew
Crew

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:21 am
Yeah, he was that. But that wasn't the name of the particular one in the movie, so it was a retarded choice of title.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:52 am
I love Turkish, but the other Turkic languages (Azeri, Uzbek, etc) sound awful to me. sad They just sound like... bad Turkish.  

Collowrath

shannonrwrwrw

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:26 pm
I'm surprised that most of you do not like the sound of french. I think it sounds and is written beautifully...but I guess that is me.

I HATE the sound of Japanese, chinese, and German, just a little. I like German, just not the sound. It's like there is "ich hergdendoindy" or some other german stereotypes in every word.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:06 pm
A lot of people are saying they don't like Spanish... Hmm... I think Spanish is absolutely beautiful, in it's own way.

Another language I don't really like: Polish. Even though I am learning it....

late night show

Mashed Computer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:24 pm
shannonrwrwrw
I'm surprised that most of you do not like the sound of french. I think it sounds and is written beautifully...but I guess that is me.

No, it's not just you. I don't like French, but it seems like most people I know in real life does. If I start a discussion about the prettiest language, I know they're gonna answer French, Spanish or Italian. When I say that I think French sounds horrible, they think I'm a bit strange. I'm surprised that so many people agree with me about French here.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:01 am
[
-Im suprised no one said Polish >_>;
-I heard customers at my job speaking it and it felt like someone was screeching their nails on a chalk board ._. Its too harsh for my ears <_<;
-Also there is Korean, Hmong, and Mandarin ._.
-I work at a place with native koreans and the way they all speak grates on my soul x_X
-Most tonal languages are just too harsh for my ears >_>

I love the way german is spoken <3 But written german is like looking at preschool kids writing the constitution :'o

[Adjective]

[skroddle]

Dangerous Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 am
I'm not a fan of eastern Asian languages. Especially Chinese.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:09 am
[skroddle]
I'm not a fan of eastern Asian languages. Especially Chinese.

How come? What is it about them that you don't like?

And when people say harsh, what do they mean? Like, sounds like K, and T and P and Ch and throaty noises right?  

Lawrencew
Crew

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:13 am
[Adjective]
[
-Im suprised no one said Polish >_>;
-I heard customers at my job speaking it and it felt like someone was screeching their nails on a chalk board ._. Its too harsh for my ears <_<;
-Also there is Korean, Hmong, and Mandarin ._.
-I work at a place with native koreans and the way they all speak grates on my soul x_X
-Most tonal languages are just too harsh for my ears >_>

I love the way german is spoken <3 But written german is like looking at preschool kids writing the constitution :'o

I personally love the way Polish sounds. Different strokes for different folks, eh?

-gets shot-  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:18 am
I"ve never heard any spkenPolish... MUST GO GOOGLE!  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:22 am
Try here.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items