Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
The Worst Sounding Language? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquaGlycerin

Friendly Stalker

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:55 pm
cucoriedka
You guys ever heard Luxemburgish? It's a German dialect and very very very ugly to my ears. It's very similar to German and although I have lived in Luxemburg for the most part of my life, I have never really learnt it. I guess I always thought it was too painful to hear and the people there can all speak French, English or German, or all of them, so I never really had to learn Luxemburgish to communicate.
Nevertheless I love Luxemburg and everyone living there ^^ heart

YOU JERK!!
"Luxemburgish" is a language from LUXEMBURG and BELGE!!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:57 pm
I HATE DUTCH!!!

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?! XD
It's so funny xD
Really!
I'm living at the frontier from Germany to the Netherlands and that language really is like....like...you're eating a very hot potatoe and try to speak xd
HORRIBLE!  

AquaGlycerin

Friendly Stalker

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:24 am
das RoRo

I'm living at the frontier from Germany to the Netherlands and that language really is like....like...you're eating a very hot potato and try to speak xd
HORRIBLE!

You just decribed Danish! stare Danish always gets the "it sounds like you're eating a hot potato" or the "it sounds like they have marbles in their mouth." stressed  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:51 am
Oh, but it sounds like their mouths are filled with pebbles only in the most pleasant way.

-likes Danish-  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 am
Eccentric Iconoclast
Oh, but it sounds like their mouths are filled with pebbles only in the most pleasant way.

-likes Danish-
I haven't actually heard anybody speak any of those... Be it Luxembourgish, Dutch, Danish, or German... Well, a tiny bit of German, but not much.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:50 am
http://www.spinnoff.com/zbb/viewtopic.php?t=15855

Have fun.  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

[NightShade]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:08 am
well, worst sounding language is a matter of opinion. sweatdrop
i vote german.
when my friend speaks german, no matter what he says, it sounds nazi. xd
it's like, he says "be right back i'm going to pee" and i hear "KILL THE JEWS!!!" or something.
i do not support nazism in any way. the jew thing was just an example. don't ban me please. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:02 am
[neon.zombie]
The tone of voice used for speaking Korean kinda irritates me. It's quite nice most of the time, but we always get gaggles of schoolgirls sitting at the back of the class going "Blah blah blah blah MAAAAAAAH!" with that whiny sound at the end.

German doesn't sound particularly nice, but I still love the language.

Ehm. Maori sometimes sounds annoying. Just repetition of sounds and vowels - so much repetition. That and Tongan, they both have 'dead Ts', which don't sound very nice at all. Samoan is much prettier, although I'm biased razz

i always really liked maori. It always sounded kinda musical to me ^_^ but then im biased too, because i havent hear a lot of samoan >.<  

Iconised Ghost

[neon.zombie]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:23 am
Iconised Ghost
[neon.zombie]
The tone of voice used for speaking Korean kinda irritates me. It's quite nice most of the time, but we always get gaggles of schoolgirls sitting at the back of the class going "Blah blah blah blah MAAAAAAAH!" with that whiny sound at the end.

German doesn't sound particularly nice, but I still love the language.

Ehm. Maori sometimes sounds annoying. Just repetition of sounds and vowels - so much repetition. That and Tongan, they both have 'dead Ts', which don't sound very nice at all. Samoan is much prettier, although I'm biased razz

i always really liked maori. It always sounded kinda musical to me ^_^ but then im biased too, because i havent hear a lot of samoan >.<

A Kiwi in the crowd! Yay!
I do quite enjoy the sound of Maori sometimes, like in karanga when the women are yelling it in the weird chanting tone - so eerie, I love it! As for Samoan, it's alright sounding, but the glottal stops do sometimes sound like one has the hiccups.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:41 pm
I was looking through the thread because I couldn't remember if I'd posted or not (I did), and I found the link Iconoclast posted, the one that lets you listen to samples from a bunch of languages. <3
This one. =D

Anyway, I'm still listening to them all, but the French one is funny. =) I was listening to the France dialect (before I realized there was a second one), and all I could do was shake my head. x3 It sounds so clipped and choppy compared to what I'm used to. It's not exactly ugly, it just doesn't sound nearly as pretty to me as other French dialects.

As for a truly ugly language (or dialect), I'd have to say Canadian English. razz  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Tomensnaben

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:44 pm
I personally can't stand South American dialects of Spanish. The ones where they half-nasalise the vowels (must be the Brazilian influence) and pronounce the s's like a weak "h."

And I once tried Gothic. True, I was just going on descriptions of sounds, and there haven't been any native speakers for centuries, but what I was putting out would make a Klingon cringe.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:27 pm
ARIBIC I can't stand that language...  

Nicnak77

Shirofukurou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 am
Being Polish and learning the history of II WW it's obvious that I feel no affection for German language... I learned it for almost a year but I couldn't stand its tough and unpleasant pronunciation as well as its overlong words being blends of other (shorter) several words :-/ yuck! yuck! (apologies for German lovers, gomen gomen...)

Beside this one, I don't like the sound of Spanish. I don't understand why so many students of philologies in Poland want to learn Spanish - they can watch Almodovar's films with Polish subs lol xD - I just dunno -,-

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:55 pm
Czarna Lisiczka
Being Polish and learning the history of II WW it's obvious that I feel no affection for German language... I learned it for almost a year but I couldn't stand its tough and unpleasant pronunciation as well as its overlong words being blends of other (shorter) several words :-/ yuck! yuck! (apologies for German lovers, gomen gomen...)

Beside this one, I don't like the sound of Spanish. I don't understand why so many students of philologies in Poland want to learn Spanish - they can watch Almodovar's films with Polish subs lol xD - I just dunno -,-
I am Polish and German eek  

JeSuisMustapha

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:55 pm
I don't really like Portuguese. I don't know why but every time I hear it, I cringe. Italian isn't all that great either.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff