Submit

lilyla19

Sugary Loiterer

23,915 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:56 am
Hi, you can call me Lily or Lil. I'm 23 and I'm Thailand. English isn't my first language so I might be making languages mistakes.

xd

I've just got into crafting earlier this year. First I was really interest in beading, but I haven't tried. The only thing I that do is crocheting. I love to make amigurumi (crochet dolls). Well, I learn crocheting from the internet and some books, so I'm still an amateur. Haven't experiment with many yarn of yarn rather than basic acrylic.

I'm learning how to sew. My first sewing project is making a keycover. And it failed miserably.

I really want to try polymer clay, but I have no idea where I can get it in Thailand and I don't have an oven in my house. It really sounds fun though.

I had signed up for deviantart so long ago I already forgot my username and password and I've nothing in that.

Well, I also had an animation shop too.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:13 am
Hello smile
My name is Tiffany, I'm 23, and I'm in my senior year at a uni in MI. My major is Liberal Studies, with a focus on world languages, arts and cultures, and a minor in Anthropology. My dream job would be to work with Native Americans or other indigenous peoples in culture preservation, especially in the areas of language and art, and with the practical use of selling artisan-quality works as a source of income for poverty-stricken groups. This has some precedence in African programs which equip women with the materials and skills to make baskets, which are then sold to their profit in high-end shops. I believe that aside from bringing income to the artists, encouraging culture preservation encourages the people, giving them pride in their culture and hope. (Yes, I'm part Native)
As for me, I practice any and every craft I can get my hands on. This was encouraged by my mother when I was little, and I just keep gaining more experience. I crochet, knit, sew some, embroider, make/use odds and ends, use polymer clays, use kiln clays, lampwork glass, fuse glass, do stained-glass, weld, work with fine metals, bead (strung and woven), basket-weave, latch-hook, do tatting, cross-stitch, carve wood, carve stone, carve bone, make paper, origami, make soaps, make candles, sculpt shaped paper-lanterns, and do a little drawing and painting, though not much of that. I think that covers it... I can build things with wood, too, though I don't do it much, and I don't have access to kilns right now, so I'm not currently doing the arts that require studio access.
I'll post stuff when I get pictures taken... maybe next week.

Taonuviel

SpottedPaint

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:10 pm
Oh gods, I cannae remember if I posted in here or not, many moons ago. I took a leave from Gaia because of exams (and loss of interest, but you didn't hear that), so begging my pardon if I have already. sweatdrop

Well anyway, my name is Laura, and I'm 17. I'm Scottish; born and raised in Scotland in the very same place I have been all my life. That will all change come September however, as I'm moving to Aberdeen on the opposite side of the country. I got accepted into Gray's School of Art at Robert Gordon University over there, much to my extreme delight!

There, I'll be doing Art and Design; I originally applied for Visual Communications which is illustration, etcetera. However, first year is a foundation course so I'll get a taster of everything from sculpture to god knows what else! One word; awesome!

So, despite the fact that I am heavily used to working with two dimentional art, I really do think it would be interesting to try something new. I have done a bit of 3-D for the design stages of my portfolios, such as designing and creating a sushi box, plus a hat for the staff to wear at a Pop-art exhibition. I enjoyed both, however now my interests lie in working smaller.

I'm thinking sculpley. That stuff is seriously awesome, plus is very handily available at the local art shop! I have enjoyed working with cross stitch, beads, and glue guns are my best friend. xd
So expect to see some artwork incorporating those in the future!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:46 pm
Incomming!

Hello! *bows*

My name is kikitue but if you read this and remember my name you can call me kiki for short.

I've always loved sculpting and my dream when I was younger was to use a pottery wheel even just once.

Making things/crafting are one of my many skills (not that I 'actually' have many). I would always make a random thing no and again when I felt like it but then I found out about this guild and suddenly got excited.

I hope to make many crafting friends with creative minds.

I also have deviantArt and my username is the same 'kikitue' but I don't have any 3D things on there, it's all CG and sketches.

kikitue xx  

kikitue

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:56 am
*Basic details like your age and country: My name is Devorah (or Dev for short), and I am 13.

*How long you've been into sculpture and craft: I have always done many different kinds of crafts, but last year (I think) I started sewing plush animals and things. I think I would like to try sculpting sometime too.

*What you consider your specialties/weaknesses: I tend to rush a bit on projects sometimes...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:03 pm
Hullo! My name is Libby. I am near to 25 years old and live in Southern California. I have Lupus and I am bipolar.

I appreciate sculpture and have all my life but soon would like to get into creating it myself.

But most importantly I am a crafter. I run a business for my crafts and clothing fashions. I mostly crochet and knit. And along with sewing clothes, purses and accessories tomorrow I take my first quilting class! I also create jewelry, both with wire and beads. I dabble in soap and candle making right now and hope to do this more in the future.

Currently I am having some health problems that may make it tricky for me to be online and in the guild everyday. I will do my best and hope to be a very active part of the guild!  

Drowtung

defloweredmind

Aged Wench

12,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:18 pm
Hello everyone. I'm glad to have found you. My name is Nic and I am 24 years old. I live within the states residing near St.Louis, MO.

I enjoy paper crafts in various formats such as strictly paper crafts (cups, plates, bowls, boxes etc.) greeting cards and I also feel scrap booking applies as well.

Crafting and creative arts has been the center of my life for as long as I can remember. My father also best enjoy gifts that were handmade and he treasures them dearly. I've done soap carvings, paper crafts, woodwork, paintings and much more for him. He always said the sound of scissors cutting into a fresh piece of construction was his favorite.

His favorite crafts I created were a soap carving and an owl pencil holder I made from an empty soup can. Some of the paper feather fell off as some point and he requested me to repair them because it was something he loved.

Crafts have always been the best way I could show someone how much I pay attention to their interests or how deeply I cared for them. Additionally, nothing has ever challenged me more in terms of thinking outside of the box.

Resourcefulness would have to be my strong point ... finding the right glue has always been a weakness! Haha.

I hope to enrich myself here and orient with the various mediums I have never had a hand in!

Looking forward to it!

.nic.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:04 pm
Hello,

I've just semi-recently gotten into sculpture and crafts... I've done a few projects here and there as a kid but my background has always been in drawing. Eventually, I started feeling stuck in it though so I ended up taking a Jewelry/Metal Arts course for pre-college (just to try it out... I had made a ring as a side thing, lost it, and decided I wanted to make a new one). And now I am a first year in college working towards J/MA as my major.

As of now, I'm still learning the basics of metal work so I really don't have any specialty developed yet (I do enjoy chasing and repousse though). My weakness definitely has to be working in steel (I've only worked in it once to create tools for my chasing and repousse project and found that I greatly prefer sticking to non-ferrous metals).

(Oh... a note to the person above, defloweredmind: thistothat.com is a site dedicated to gluing various stuff to stuff)  

Ambrocio

x3-S-u-n-s-h-i-n-e

Chatty Dabbler

4,850 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:43 am
Hello, I'm Sunny. I'm a "developing" artist, as I would in no way compare what I am to what Dali, Van Gogh, and the greats were. But - I am a fan of the arts none the less. I'm currently taking Honors Studio Art in school, and also Honors Mixed Media. I'll hopefully go to an art college after I graduate next year. I'm new to the 3D arts, but as far as crafting goes I've been an avid crafter since I was old enough to be able to.. XD Lately, I've been more into jewelry making at home and doing the work with charcoal and clay at school.

About me personally, I'm 16, I live in Maryland and I'm an art and history nerd. I'm a junior in high school, and I work at a farm market over the summers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:53 pm
Welcome to the guild everyone!! heart  

void flower

-i-rainb0w-cUpcake-

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:34 am
Hello everyone ^^.
I'm DANCING QUEEN 4 EVER,but I go by simply Dancer.
I'm [enter age here]. I have been on gaia since 2006.
Got hacked and thought I was banned :/
Never went on a year. And just then I found out I was hacked :/
They only took some junk and 9k. Not to much right?
I absolutely LOVE to make jewelry,sew and knit.
I'm Lithuanian,moved to America stayed for 6 years and moved back almost 1 year ago. Here we have this game. It's sorta like jump-rope. But not. A different string is needed. I knitted my own string with fingers.
Umm that's about it! I hope to see great stuff and ideas,maybe even share my own >.<

~DaNcEr

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:11 am
hi! I'm ravidizh.
I really like arts and I've been sculpting since I was like 8. I make metal junk sculptures mostly :]
I'm very interested in scenography.
I also make jewerly for me and my friends :B
and recently, I've been modifying brass goggles mainly for cosplay.
I'll post some pics of my work later ;]

I'm here to open my mind to learn new ways to use my skills.
I'm very excited about joining this guild mrgreen

and this is the everyday me:

User Image User Image  

Ravidizh

Quotable Genius

7,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Fut Da Police

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:19 am
I'm Rupert.
I love art.
I am not very talented in the eyes of society but I love what I do. <33  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:45 pm
Quote:
* basic details like your age and country
* how long you've been into sculpture and craft
* what got you started in it
* what you consider your specialties/weaknesses
* links to your work

• 39. USA.
• I've been into sculpting since I had playdoh, really. Then I dabbled with Sculpey in the early 1980's but didn't do much. But in recent terms, I've been actively sculpting on a professional level since late 2005.
• I want to sculpt in stone, wood, and metal - clay is cheaper and requires less room and tools, lol. Marble isn't cheap to learn on, know what I mean?
• My specialty? Don't think I really have one. My weakness? Finishing anything in a timely manner. lol.
• Here are some of my links... Warning: there are some artistic n u d e s...
     » ElfWitch.com
     » My Flickr
     » My DA  

xl_faerydae_lx

xeng098

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:35 pm
smile Hey everyone, I am in California and I am a Junior in High School Student. I'm 16 years old and I have good creative skills in making art as a hobby. I am currently taking crafting this year. I do all kinds of paper designs and with decorations. Mostly I do all kinds of art on my own time making things.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Sculpted - art + craft guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff