Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:33 am
User Image

-A yawn drew wide the young god's maw, not really out of tiredness, but more out of his stationary position. The day had been slow and lazy, and to escape the seemingly mudane passage he'd glided until his eyes caught the shimmering glow of water. And there he'd settled in the forest clearing, lying close enough to the waters to let his forepaws dangle in the coolness.

Beautiful, serene. A rumbling purr of pleasure escaped the god as he wasted his time away.

It had been awhile since Lim had tricked the leopardess, already a second litter of his lineage had passed to the earth, though he was ignorant of it. In fact he seemed almost to have forgotten it in the time passed. After all. He had done her a favor had he not?

Never did he imagine that his little lesson almost forgotten would wreak havoc on the lazy bliss of his day.-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:05 pm
User Image

Bathsheba was sorely frustrated. Manging the many threads of duty was a full time job and she could rarely address each situation presented immediately when it appeared. So she normally judged each thread by its ugency. And when one particular problem came to her attention she was forced to leave it be and deal with more important matters.

That "problem" was Lim. Inwardly she tried to keep herself from admitting that she was surprised and shocked by the blaring red strand that showed he had failed horribly. Perhaps it was because he had been the first she had spoken freely to in a long time (though she still did not know that his magic had caused it). But whatever the reason, she had to deal with it, despite the anger that burned under her usual cool cover.

She glided over the landscape, the wind tugging at her white feathers as they stretched out to both her left and right. But her eyes rested not on the beauty of the scene. Instead she fixed her attention upon the glowing strand she held in one paw, an image only she could view due to her domain. Suddenly the thread dropped downward. She had found him. Banking sharply to the right she flew downward, ready to begin what she knew would be a difficult confrontation.

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:20 pm
-Had he been consumed in things, he might not have noticed her approach. But his eyes had already lulled almost half shut in his bliss, and notice her he did. The tingling of another immortal was very subtle on his mind, but more then that, the sound of rustling large wings drew him from his laziness, glancing up against the brightness of the sun to the silloutte approaching.

Obviously they'd either noticed him, I mean how could someone NOT notice him, his colors splash across the grass and water, or they were THAT inclined to a drink. Either way, he strained his eyes for recognition as he awaited greeting them.

Grey speckling like stone. Lilac and ebony gauntlets. Even from the vague fuzziness he was able to pick out the figure, and he lifted himself as she decended. Gaining a great smile upon his purple maw, he fluffed and puffed himself vainly, drawing his feathers forward in a lovely show for what he assumed to be, future merrymaking.-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:31 pm
Merrymaking was definately not on Sheba's agenda. She let her wings cup neatly as she landed elegantly on the ground, first one hind foot and then the other. With a sweeping motion her wings folded and let her front paws drop lightly to the ground. And while his expression was bright, her's was as stoney as the rocky coloration of her pelt. This was no friendly visit. This was business.

"It's been a while, Limbuko," she murmured in her gentle, but firmly controled monatone. She was all formality...at least for the present moment.

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:42 pm
-Her pelt still held god-like youth upon it, and he would have stated that she had not changed at all if it weren't for the less then friendly expression that decorated her face. Truely he did not know if it was an improvement from before.. considering how unfavorably he'd taken her upset face. But then.. those few moments of bliss had been lovely.

Her words finally drew him out of his meandering thoughts. Taking a step forward, to brace the distance as he noticed the mild bit of height he had on her now, he replied cooly, obliviously. Words laced with characteristic charm and sweetness.- "Far far too long Sheba."

-Had it not been for the stoney face she likely would have been greeted immediately with a purr and a nuzzle whether she'd liked it or not. But the aire kept him back almost instinctively, and the affectionate friendlyness simply sounded through his voice.- "See me while you were flying and come to visit? I certainly wouldn't mind some beautiful company to offset all the green and blue around here."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:52 pm
"Not quite," Sheba said in a rather diplomatic fashion, giving no more then a blink as he closed the distance. It irked her that he didn't even seem to know of the reason for her visit. A little guilt or remorse would have been nice to see, especially since she had assumed he was above abusing his abilities and neglectly his duities. Perhaps she should have known better.

"I've been looking for you," she continued, keeping her tone very formal along with her stance. He could go along and try to smooth talk his way through this if he liked. But she was going to deal with the matter at hand.

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm
"Well, you can't keep me from admiring anyway." -He mused lamely, finding it hard to be anything but playful. Somehow he managed to keep from some quip about missing him however. Probably because it was so obvious that she didn't. Pleasant greetings in which people had been searching for each other didn't begin with so much distance, nor so many words.

Slowly his feathers began to settle some, his stance becoming more tentative along with his mood.

What was wrong? Certainly that was the case, that something was wrong. He fished but found nothing he'd done that might have offended the girl. Unless of course maybe she'd found out that he'd used his powers on her. But was that really so bad?-

-Finally, when his brain could no longer pull apart sense in the situation he asked softly.- "Oh? Why's that?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:29 pm
Had she not been so bent on dealing with the problem his comment might have caused her to be flustered. But she was a woman on a mission and that was her current focus, luckily. It was hard for her to tell if he knew her purpose and was just playing along or if he was, in fact, ignorant of th entire mess.

She remained still, amost statue like. Though the conversation might take time, she gave no sign of relaxing enough to sit. "I was hoping you could tell me," she said with a critical gaze, "Since it was you who went against your domain, not I." She hoped that was enough to spell it out. If not she supposed she'd elaborate. But she was attempting to give him a bit of credit, whether or not it was deserved.

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:43 pm
-His expression absolutely fell as the words sounded like stones. And like many a males before him he listened to the dreaded words with an expression of cluelessness that was almost comical. In fact he could feel his usually honey sweetened voice catching in his throat.

What in the... ?

His gaze dug for answer in her face, finding none, only to recieve the bit of help with a grateful silence. Gone against his domain?

What? When?

He racked his mind quickly through as many of the creatures he'd met since he last saw her. He dug and dug.. happy face after happy face. Atleast.. mostly contented. Even her.. she didn't seem that displeased because of him the time before.

There was an akward silence until finally he came across someone in whom he'd left in screaming terms. He hadn't left her pleased so to say but... immediately his cluelessness became defensive. Whether or not it was what she spoke of, he still felt obligated to explain himself. Or atleast lie until he believed himself.-

"That leopardess?"

"I was teaching her a lesson!" -He protested.- "Surely she'll get far more pleasure out of life by being a better less prejudice individual then displeasure she got from being tricked."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:53 pm
"That assumption is unfounded," Sheba clipped curtly. She was frustrated to say the least. She had thought that he had a dedication to his domain, which was respectable, but furthermore she had thought he had a genuine wish to make others happy. And here he was trying to reason out as to why he had caused someone misery instead. She rose delicately onto her hind legs, bringing her two paws together as she took hold of the strand that displayed his infraction and took in all the information it held.

"You didn't only bring her the obvious unhappiness of deception, but she became pregant and she didn't want children. So you gave her a state of displeasure she could not be rid of as simply as a regretful night," she continued, trying to keep his formal despite her familiarity with Lim. That would only make the issue worse, bringing it down to familiar levels.

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:13 pm
-His ears slid downward with the repremand, watching her with the unpleasantness of a child as she stood, still feeling quite indignant on the assumption. She hadn't been there. What did she think she was going on?

Was she some babysitter come around to scold him if she didn't like some way he went about his life? He bristled inwardly as his mind fed him some undeserved pity.

However again his expression snapped as she spoke. Oh how quickly his emotions were tugging today. Bliss, joy, confusion, anger. Now what was this now? Guilt and pride? How could one have both?-

"How many?" -Was the immediate piping, some strange ego stroking and actual minute compassion rising out of the swamp of emotions. Were they like his first? Or did they have more of their mother's colors? Were they kind and pleasant, or had their mother's nasty attitude tainted them into beasts? Another wave of guilt hit him.. but it was not for Mleli. Oh no. It was for those cubs.

Something that almost resembled a snarl touched the usually jovial god finally, and he snapped childishly, as his defensiveness played against him.- "If you ask me, she never knew one thing that she ACTUALLY wanted. I bet if you asked her now she wouldn't give them up for anything."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:57 pm
Her ears flickered back and for some reason she lost her treasured control. "That gives you no right to do anything that would purposefully make her unhappy!" She blurted, furious, "I thought you liked to seee peoplef full of joy, not miserable on account of your whim!"

Once the words were out she immediately regretted them. This was why she locked herself up so rigidly-emotions impaired her judgement. While she believed what they said she wasn't stupid enough to ignore the fact that most of her anger wasn't about what he did. It was about how she could let herself be such a poor judge of character and how she was letting it get to her at all.

She flushed crimson, tinges of pink showing through her light colored fur. She immediately avoided his gaze, clearing her throat, "I...apollogize. It's not my job to scold you or anything. I simply meant to come tell you that you need to be more careful about your domain and...you have an obligation to see the mother and children, at least for a visit." She tried to continue the conversation formally and business like, but it was clear she was embaressed by her outburst no matter what he had done.

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:21 am
-He wasn't sure what stung the most.. the sudden burst of emotion... or just the words in particular, but Limbuko winced visably against them. Despite the truths hilighted before him the god tried to deny them to himself, which only made his reaction more flustered and irrational. For he knew better. Much better.

But like a child he retorted, trying to sting her back as badly as she had done him.- "Oh that's right. It's YOUR job to make everyone miserable and nag them to death. I'd forgotten."

-The normally jovial lion bristled with his soup of emotion, feet finally pulling him forward as he managed to pull himself from the goddess. He couldn't seem to look at her anymore. Not at the anger that had peeked through the calmness. And certainly not at the obvious embarrassment and emotion that had touched her.

No. No. This was his temper tantrum. His mind told him to shut up, but he was stomping, flustered, and the words slipped through grated teeth.- "I don't need you to force me to see my children. I'd have done so anyway. I'd appreciate if you kept your nose in your OWN business. Else you'd like me to create some more messes for you to clean up."

-It was an idle threat.. wasn't it?-

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:33 am
Sheba could easily be embaressed by mistakes on her part, but she was not going to be so when it became obvious her anger was becoming justified. She was not going to let him walk all over her, not when she was clearly right. His comment burned, for in reality her "job" was all she had. To have it trounced so was alarming, painful, and infuriating.

"At least I have the best of intentions!" She countered, no longer taking shame in her anger, "At least I don't attempt to make people miserable to 'teach them a lesson'!" This was turning ugly terribly fast and it didn't seem to want to stop. "If you paid more attention I wouldn't have to mind your business! You didn't even know your children existed!"

Ary Keeyara

Iris_virus

Dedicated Sweetheart

15,425 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:48 am
-As if the emotions weren't bad enough, by now waves of displeasure were beginning to assault the god. He could feel his own radiating forcefully but also the goddess', leaving him with an assault both verbally and etherally. He could feel the pain and unpleasantness he was causing, and yet he continued to scream.-

"That's funny I feel pretty damn miserable myself! Didn't you come here to teach me a lesson?"

-He felt almost sick, his head pounded, his stomach churned, his usually beautiful body twisted with tight muscles. An honest to goodness roar ripped from his throat, a sound he could quite honestly say he'd only made twice in his lifetime. And the sound smashed any ounce of charming and silk out of his voice, rattling with aggression and warning.-

"GO AWAY SHEBA"

-She hurt him, he hurt her. But it only hurt him more to hurt her. Instinct tried to force his body to "fix the displeased", but he was smart enough to know that he could not fix anything in this screaming match. Hell he couldn't even keep his mouth shut. Another growl of aggression sounded. He'd never once lifted his claws to inflict violence on anything. He prayed that the goddess wouldn't be his first.-

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff