Don't forget to read the rules!
  Polls are required in every thread. (:
View Results

Muskratio

Captain

Hygienic Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:29 pm
I liked Donna. D:

What Rose did, soooo many other companions have already done. She was nothing new.
On the other hand, Martha did even less... So. XD Whereas Donna was actually a unique character. I like characters with flaws. : D  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:17 pm
Hmmm... Have not seen much of Donna, but I look forward to seeing her. I am willing to give her a chance. Sadly, I am a full-on Rose supporter, so don't be too optimistic.  

Alice_in_Wonderland19

slowtrain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:38 pm
I have to say Rose, I just loved her so much, he was my first companion and I love that she wasn't the stereotypical stick thin blond bimbo, nor was she super smart... she wasn't perfect but she was extremely dedicated to The Doctor and had so much fun traveling with him. She absolutely refused to leave him when she had the choice (Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways, The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, Army of Ghosts/Doomsday to name a few) and they had a genuine bond, The Doctor came close to saying he loved her at least twice...

On the other hand, I don't HATE Martha, but I find her incredibly annoying. She came in and immediately decided that she was in love with The Doctor and couldn't accept that he had just lost someone very special to him and was not about to forget about it just because of her. She couldn't have known the true extent of what The Doctor and Rose went through together but she could have at least realized that whining about how The Doctor couldn't forget Rose wasn't going to do her any good, it took her an entire season to realize that she didn't need The Doctor to tell her that she was good enough, because The Doctor would always remember Rose.

That's just my thoughts, I always found it annoying how Martha couldn't get over the fact that Rose was special to The Doctor and he wasn't going to forget her that easily  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:31 pm
I still say rose, probally because she spent so much time and had so much happen to them together. That and I think that the tenth doctor was as hyper as rose. they showed great chemistry probally because they acted the same.  

Marius_13

bulbasaur27

Girl-Crazy Lover

10,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:39 pm
i say rose becase see is good compnion to have  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:28 pm
Definitely Rose. What I liked about her is the fact that she wasn't just a tagalong, at least not compared to some of the older companions in the other shows (and Martha). She could usually hold her own against a lot of things, and was overall just a better character. I second Slowtrain.
And I second Slowtrain in Martha's respect, too. Don't hate Martha, she was just really annoying.  

Conbryo

Unnursvana

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:49 am
Martha ... I don´t know why, just like her more then Rose... Donna will allways be my fav.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:05 am
well i think rose was better because martha seems to want the doctor but she shows it to much where as rose wanted him she just didnt seem so .............desperate  

Cheese and Chive Bagel

ErinaStar

Friendly Explorer

5,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 pm
Rose: Heart, Martha: Smart, Donna: Comedy

In my case their all good roles played by three good actors, so i'm not on any side.
However, Rose completes the Doctor, while Martha helped him recover from loss and Donna was just funny and had some simpathy for him.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:09 pm
I've not seen anything of Donna. I missed the first twenty minutes of the season 3 premiere AND I live in the US. But she sounds like she'll be funny.  

Conbryo

Dante Alicheery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:52 pm
I like them both in different ways, especially after watching all of season 3. Martha was certainly clever, although, yes, her crush on the Doctor annoyed me. In her defense, he did kiss her rather passionatly. And one can't always choose who they like.
Rose wasn't afraid to take chances, and she was really brave and loyal. She helped the Doctor pull himself back together after the Time War, and they had some great scenes. ^_^
Donna, I didn't like as much. She's funny, but she seems to be too... shrill. neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:56 pm
Martha was pretty sharp, but the crush she had on the doctor was sudden and really, really irritating.  

Conbryo

Sky-Kat-Kaizoku

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:01 pm
As many others before me in this thread, I prefer Rose, but don't necessarily hate Martha. I liked Rose because for one I could sympathize with her quite easily especially whenever her borring-work-in-a-shop past was brought up. There was clearly a connection between Rose and The Doctor, and you could see it all throughout the first two seasons. By the time the season 2 finale rolled around I had become such a huge fan of her and her relationship with the Doctor that the ending had me crying like I'd never cried before in front of a screen (you would have thought my best friend had died or something from the way I was crying). Martha never had that effect on me. She was smart and spunky and all that, but I didn't like how she never tried to really understand what the Doctor had gone through with Rose. I did feel a bit sorry for her, but really there were just so many times I wanted to ask her if she'd ever considered trying to understand.

Now Donna on the other hand...yes, I have to say I dislike that woman. She annoyed me from the moment she randomly popped up in the Tardis at the end of Doomsday to her departure at the end of the Christmas special. I understand she's different from other companions, but does she really have to be so annoying to the point you want to smack her? I also found her to be quite rude and shallow...so I was not happy when I found out she would be the new companion. I'm hoping she'll change or they'll find a way to make me like her, but... confused  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:11 pm
SkyKat_Pirate
As many others before me in this thread, I prefer Rose, but don't necessarily hate Martha. I liked Rose because for one I could sympathize with her quite easily especially whenever her borring-work-in-a-shop past was brought up. There was clearly a connection between Rose and The Doctor, and you could see it all throughout the first two seasons. By the time the season 2 finale rolled around I had become such a huge fan of her and her relationship with the Doctor that the ending had me crying like I'd never cried before in front of a screen (you would have thought my best friend had died or something from the way I was crying). Martha never had that effect on me. She was smart and spunky and all that, but I didn't like how she never tried to really understand what the Doctor had gone through with Rose. I did feel a bit sorry for her, but really there were just so many times I wanted to ask her if she'd ever considered trying to understand.

Now Donna on the other hand...yes, I have to say I dislike that woman. She annoyed me from the moment she randomly popped up in the Tardis at the end of Doomsday to her departure at the end of the Christmas special. I understand she's different from other companions, but does she really have to be so annoying to the point you want to smack her? I also found her to be quite rude and shallow...so I was not happy when I found out she would be the new companion. I'm hoping she'll change or they'll find a way to make me like her, but... confused

I've seen very little of Donna. But Doomsday had me bawling. The scene at the end just broke my heart...and my family thought I was completely mad, I was crying so much.  

Conbryo

Gallifreyan Lady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:11 pm
I've avoided this thread because I've had a hard time deciding between them. But after seeing Marth in Torchwood, I'm firmly on the Martha side of the debate. She's very very cool.

I'm not looking forward to Donna. Catherine Tate does my head in... *shudder*  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces