35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Other
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 17

gay cheerios09

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:56 am
Okay, so I in absolutely no way want to upset people or start an argument, I just want to know, how many of you hate gays, how many of you are in general homophobic, how many of you support gays? Do you have gay friends, family, etc. Did you support them?
Obviously, I'm gay, and am just starting to come out publicly, and I just wanted peoples opinions on gays.
So do you think I'm going to hell?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:44 pm
personally i cant say i hate them, but i do have a slight phobia of them. im trying to get over it. "gay" is just a label we put to people, just like jock, or nerd. we, as a society, have to get over these labels. we have to get to know these people personally before we can hate them. thats my take on things.

oh yeah, almost forgot this. i dont believe your going to hell. God is our Father, and he loves all his children, no matter what.

im gonna recommend something for you. for the bible tells me so its a documentary about homosexuality and how it relates to the bible. it should be out in theatre now in the bigger cities and hopefully **fingers crossed** going out from there.

www.forthebibletellsmeso.com  

sunshinehearttrob

gay cheerios09

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:07 pm
Cool. Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:46 am
What determines who goes to heaven or hell?

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Sin lead to Death (Hell)
The free gift leads to eternal life (Heaven)

That’s it in a nutshell. I would strongly suggest reading the whole Bible yourself and seeing what it says about sin, the Free Gift and Heaven.  

Seraph68

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:48 am
I refuse to answer on basis of loaded questions.

Learn how to ask a question, and then you'll get an actual response.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 am
Hate the sin not the sinner

I had gay friends in highschool and I was part of the gay/straight alliance to show my support to those who are chastised and fought against. I don't support the action, but I'll support those in need. That last thing anyone needs is judgment.

Judge and ye shall be judged.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

gay cheerios09

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:52 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
I refuse to answer on basis of loaded questions.

Learn how to ask a question, and then you'll get an actual response.

As I said, I have no wish to start any arguments, nor will I be angry at anyone for their opinions. I know all too well about moral relativism, that's why I worded some of my questions the way I did, to see how many of you actually have the conviction to answer. Your dodging my question by telling me that I don't know how I asked it is more or less sounding like an excuse not to speak your convictions, or to get out of answering all together by picking out flaws in my wording. Everyone else seemed to be fine with replying, and gave me actual answers. I worded the question just fine.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:35 pm
I think being gay is a sin. I can think of probably 3 different places in the bible where it says being gay is a sin.
However, I do not hate the people. God gave us free will, and we can make our own choices. We are also human, and we sin, and God knows this and will forgive us. I do not think you are going to hell if you have given your heart to God and Jesus.  

Sarcastic_Angel

`Kel`

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:20 pm
Let me start off by saying I absolutely do not hate gays, I dont hate anyone really. One of my best friends is Gay. I truly cried when he told me. Of course I walked away first. I love ppl so much, and I know whats out there.

However, God condemns Homosexuality. And just in case you have never seen exactally that proof I will show you. God loves everyone, but he absolutely hates sin.

Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be decieved: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor theives nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination." Leviticus 18:22

Definition of abomination - anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred, intense aversion or loathing; a vile, shameful, or detestable action, condition, habit, etc.

I love all people no matter who they are or what they do, but I could never support homosexuality. I will never vote or support it. But I will continue to love all people.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:53 am
i work with several people from the LGBT(Q) community all of whom are simply amazing student leaders as are all my other fellow AS board members. Their selflessness and genuine concern for their students are truly an inspiration. I feel very lucky to be able to work with all of them. God could never reject such good hearted people. (choice or not i will never count being gay as a sin and a god without love for all creation is unworthy of my devotion)  

lordstar

Seraph68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:01 am
lordstar
God could never reject such good hearted people.

So basically you are saying that if you are a good person, you go to heaven. That is not scriptural.

Romans 3:23-24
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

It doesn’t matter how “good” people are, they still need Christ for salvation.

lordstar
a god without love for all creation is unworthy of my devotion

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Even though we are sinners (Homosexual, Adulators, Liars, Murders, Selfish, Hateful, Immoral…) against God, He still sent Christ to die for our sins and be brought back to Him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:27 pm
Seraph68
lordstar
God could never reject such good hearted people.

So basically you are saying that if you are a good person, you go to heaven. That is not scriptural.

Romans 3:23-24
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 11:6
And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

It doesn’t matter how “good” people are, they still need Christ for salvation.

lordstar
a god without love for all creation is unworthy of my devotion

Romans 5:8
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Even though we are sinners (Homosexual, Adulators, Liars, Murders, Selfish, Hateful, Immoral…) against God, He still sent Christ to die for our sins and be brought back to Him.

i really don't care for scriptur and i know im not along in thinking that the bible texts have been corrupted with age

and for the record the death of Christ doesn't count as God showing love
My statment stands  

lordstar

Seraph68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:36 pm
lordstar
i really don't care for scriptur and i know im not along in thinking that the bible texts have been corrupted with age

My statment stands

May I ask where you get your beliefs from if you believe the Bible is corrupted and that the sacrifice of Christ was not done for mercy and grace?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:34 pm
I don't hate gays at all! That said, I do think homosexuality is against God's law. I wrote a whole essay on the subject. sweatdrop You can read it if you want. Here it is on my Writer's Press account.  

Mountain Rose

lordstar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:59 pm
Seraph68
lordstar

My statment stands

May I ask where you get your beliefs from if you believe the Bible is corrupted and that the sacrifice of Christ was not done for mercy and grace?

my beliefs are my own
no one cramed them into my head
but i do share some with followers of the Koran

as for my second point
it just doesn't sit well with me

that is all  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers