Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
The GM Guild Welcome Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seteppe

Questionable Pal

16,475 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:37 am
hi im ipic. i have loved greek mythology ever since well.... ever since i can remeber. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:39 am
'Ello. My name's Marilyn. c:
I've been interested in Greek mythology since I first heard the story of Hades/Persephone in the sixth grade, my favorite character is Artemis.
After looking through some posts I can already tell I have a lot to learn. User Image  

General Marilyn

Icerlain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:06 am
Hello, I'm Icerlain, usually known as Ice or Icer for short. I'm interested in Greek mythology since my middle school English teacher shoved a Greek Mythology book at me. I'm 19 and majoring English Literature in college now. Nice to meet you all. Thank you for accepting my request to join.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:25 am
Hello ladies and gents.I just wanted to introduce myself. You can call me Flan. I joined because I love reading mythology and greek the best. I'm a junior and I have had an interest in mythology since I was very little. I can't quite remeber the reason but I say we leave it like that. I am a junior in High school and I 'm taking classical greek. My favorite mythological creatures wpould be the Kyklopes(The Elder cyclops) and the Hekatonkheires. My favorite god is Hephaestus and my favorite myth is the one pertaining to Perseus and Medusa.

Random fact about myself: I can speak modern greek. even though I'm of 100% hispanic descent.

Nice to meet you all.  

iXelnyn

Romantic Informer

3,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100

Morwen Blackfyre

Obsessive Shopper

17,425 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:54 pm
Hello. I've been interested in mythology, particularly greek, since I was a little girl, I can't even remember when it started.
I must admit that my level of knowledge is not as high as some of my fellow guild members, partly because I grew up in the B.I. era (Before Internet), and information was not so readily available on the subject, and many of the things I learned have slipped my mind through the years... ok, I'm 31 - not THAT old (by some standards...)
A few years ago I read the Age of Fable, by Thomas Bulfinch, which taught me a lot but, at the same time, I can see there is so much it doesn't mention. Just by looking through Akherontis' (amazing) profile I realized there are many gods I didn't know about, so I'm looking foward to learning some more.
By the way, I apologize for my english - it's not my maternal language.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm
Morwen_2
Hello. I've been interested in mythology, particularly greek, since I was a little girl, I can't even remember when it started.
I must admit that my level of knowledge is not as high as some of my fellow guild members, partly because I grew up in the B.I. era (Before Internet), and information was not so readily available on the subject, and many of the things I learned have slipped my mind through the years... ok, I'm 31 - not THAT old (by some standards...)
A few years ago I read the Age of Fable, by Thomas Bulfinch, which taught me a lot but, at the same time, I can see there is so much it doesn't mention. Just by looking through Akherontis' (amazing) profile I realized there are many gods I didn't know about, so I'm looking foward to learning some more.
By the way, I apologize for my english - it's not my maternal language.

By British standards you're still quite young. And American ones. Also there is this great book I read back in freshman year: Mythology, Edith Hamilton. It is a great book that taught me a lot of mythology I did not know.  

iXelnyn

Romantic Informer

3,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100

OnizakiNeko

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:09 pm
Hey there smile

I'm OnizakiNeko, and I have been admiring my country's mythology since I was very little. I'm from Greece, and I'm more than honored to see that many people abroad admire the Greek Mythology. I'm more than willing to share our mythology with you all 3nodding

Thank you for accepting my invitation, and ice to meet you all biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:14 pm
OnizakiNeko
Hey there smile

I'm OnizakiNeko, and I have been admiring my country's mythology since I was very little. I'm from Greece, and I'm more than honored to see that many people abroad admire the Greek Mythology. I'm more than willing to share our mythology with you all 3nodding

Thank you for accepting my invitation, and ice to meet you all biggrin

Ice to meet you too. Από που είσαι στην Ελλάδα ;  

iXelnyn

Romantic Informer

3,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100

OnizakiNeko

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Survivor 150