Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
The GM Guild Welcome Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mizz Faith

Revered Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:51 am
Hello fellow Greek Mythology enthusiasts. I created this thread for everyone to come and introduce themselves. Include any information you want about yourself to let everyone know more about you. If you want, also tell why you're here. I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for being interested in Greek Mythology and I think it would be neat to hear them! =D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I guess I'll start out by introducing myself. My name is Faith (obviously) and I'm 19 years old. I've been a fan of Greek mythology since studying it in middle school back in 1999. Ever since then, I've did everything possible to broaden my knowledge of it. I currently own a collection of 19 books on the subject, along with a binder I've filled over the years with various bits about it. I'm not expert but I have a vast knowledge of it. I have to admit though, I'm awful with some of the names (those spellings can be tricky!)

On a more personal note, I'm currently a stay at home mom. I have an almost one year old son Aiden (Click for pic) and am engaged. Being a young mom is a challenge, but I can't complain smile

Thank you to Akherontis for inviting me here. This seems like a wonderful guild and I hope to contribute to it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT (05/24/10) - Well, I'm still here, although a bit has changed since I posted the info above. I'm now a 22 y/o married (yes, we finally got married lol) working mom to a 3 y/o (Aiden) and a 7 month old (Peyton). My book collection has now stretched to over 40 and still growing. One thing that hasn't changed, though, is I'm still as eager to learn as I was 2 1/2 years ago when I first joined here =D

Mizz Faith

8,200 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Kenamarin_Shukai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:24 am
ok, here i go...

i am kenamarin_shukai and i like greek mythology because i read about it in 3rd grade and i fell in love with it. ever since, i read more and more and even though i didnt take notes but i remember it easily. then in 5th grade my TAG (talented and gifted) language arts teacher taught our class greek mythology and i learned new things and remembered some old things from mythology. then i read more and more and remembered everything. so when i went on gaia i looked for a guild where i could learn more mythology because most of my friends think i am weird because i read mythology and i want to find a place where i can share my love for mythology.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:12 pm
Well i think a introduction would be suffice. Iam Shaun, i live in New Zealand(Invercargill) for those who know where that is, Iam 18 years of age. The main first thing that got me into greek myth even though its kind of kiddie was hercules the animated series, and from there my interests got deeper and deeper as i went through school e.t.c my gods of favor are. Kronos, father of Zeus and Kharon, Boatman of the underworld. Oh and if use want a good greek game to play try out God of war 1 and 2 if you havent already, Its really in depth about the whole greek culture, but one thing to remember is Krytos the main character is fiction.  

Cronus The Chaotic

Gaian

600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Aravilui Tiranistion

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:40 pm
I live in the Pacific Northwest of the US, and I've been vaguely interested in Greek mythology for as long as I remember (not far back. sweatdrop ) I'm sixteen and have actually learned the most since making friends with Akherontis, whom most people on here were invited by. ^^ I'd never claim to be an expert on anything, because my interest is in everything, and so I dabble everywhere.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:54 am
Hellos. My name is Jack. I'm 13 currently and in 7th grade. Yes i'm still young. blaugh I guess i got into Greek Mythology by..... ok i dont remember. It just sorta came to pick me up......... I have devoted a small portian of my life to greek and roman mythology and I try to increase my knowledge of the it as much as possible. My favorite god/goddess would have to be Poseidon.  

chaoschakra

xEdDikTiON

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:53 am
(wow, hey Faith! Didn't expect to see you here!)

Hello there.
My name is Amanda or Alexa - I'm called both. Please use either.
I'm 15 and I live in Manhattan with my cousin Michael.

I've been a long time Greek Mythology buff. My sister and I became obsess-ies when I was about eight. We loved to pretend to be the gods and goddesses (no disrespect meant) and just to research them, and as we got older to write fanficition and roleplay. I am not as obsessed as I was back then, but I can still remember in what order the 12 major gods/goddesses sat in.

My favorite god is Hermes. (Oh. My Gawd. I love Hermes -spazz-) My favorite goddess is either Artemis or Aphrodite, and Aphrodite is my favorite to roleplay as.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:04 am
Hello fellow Mythology nerds. I am 13 and called Josephine in real life. NOT Josie and especially not Jo. I became intrested in Greek mythology from towel that had the greek gods on it. I needed to find something to research about for a big project so I chose greek gods because of that towel. That towel is now hanging on my wall with all the pictures I drew of the greek monsters. If anyone bothered to read my post I say thanky you very much.  

josiphia

Toothsome Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:29 pm
Well I am nineteen (which is apparently quite old when I look at everyone else here razz ), male, I live in New Zealand, and my name is Shannon (but I am STILL male). I have been interested in Mythology from a very young age, when I got a book on Greek Mythology. Since then, I have always been fascinated by the subject. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:13 pm
My name is Michael I'm 15 been interested for like ever. My fav god is poseiden and my fav series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians.  

leahcim22

6,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

chaoschakra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:40 pm
leahcim22
My name is Michael I'm 15 been interested for like ever. My fav god is poseiden and my fav series is Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

Oh, thats a good series.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:32 pm
Akherontis
Well I am nineteen (which is apparently quite old when I look at everyone else here razz ), male, I live in New Zealand, and my name is Shannon (but I am STILL male). I have been interested in Mythology from a very young age, when I got a book on Greek Mythology. Since then, I have always been fascinated by the subject. 3nodding

Imagine how I feel, being a mom xD And thats a cool name; thats my sister's name biggrin (But I know guys named that too).

Mizz Faith

8,200 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Aravilui Tiranistion

Beloved Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:32 am
Mizz Faith
Akherontis

Imagine how I feel, being a mom xD And thats a cool name; thats my sister's name biggrin (But I know guys named that too).

Jeeze, you two are old. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:41 am

Hey! I take that as a compliment xD I'll be 20 in October *dances* Almost legal, haha.

Mizz Faith

8,200 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Elrond Peredhel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:01 am
Pheonyx Fire
Mizz Faith
Akherontis

Jeeze, you two are old. xp

Hush Zypher xd
I'm 18 and I live in the Southeast United States. Most people online and off ,with the exception of Akherontis and Phoenyx Fire, know me as Gussu. I've always had a bit of interest in Greek Mythology, but like Phoenyx after recently meeting Akherontis I've become a lot more interested. So I'm here to learn more I suppose.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff