Yes
  No
View Results

AKILLA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:09 am
doc.hyphae
Boston_24
doc.hyphae
So far Rick Ankiel has a .296 BA with 3 homers, 6 RBI and 1 double in 7 games and 27 at-bats. cool

I think he provided that spark the Cards needed to make a push for the division lead.

Yeah, the Cardinals have a new life all of a sudden. I didn´t see what was wrong with them before, though: Pujols, Rolen, Molina, Edmonds, Eckstein... It´s a great lineup. Maybe it was their pitching. Whatever it was, Ankiel has brought them within 2.5 games of first place in the division.

Pitching was a problem for them this season especially with Carpenter going down. The way I see it if Ryan can keep hitting like he was before he was sent down, Ankiel keeps hitting like he is right now, Pujols turns it on a little more, Duncan adds a little more protection for Pujols in the fourth spot, and Rolen along with Edmonds stay healthy, the Cardinals have a pretty good chance at the division. If anything, the lineup looks pretty nice for next year.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:36 am
Good for him  

nickpotkovac

steven_81

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:29 am
Yes i think rick ankiel is going to be good he came just in time to help the st/louis cards he gave that momentum.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:34 pm
That just goes to show how good Major Leaguers are, but Ankiel is a specail one gotta give it up to him. He came in time to save the Cards and give them another look at the post season its still a close race between them the Brewers and the Cubs).  

big_man_9221

doc.hyphae

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:54 pm
Thank you for all of your nice comments, guys.

Rick Ankiel has batted 39 times in 12 games, hitting .282 with 4 homers, 8 RBIs, 8 runs and a .641 slugging percentage. Meanwhile, the Cards are 61 and 64 but are in the lead today, 5-4, vs. the Braves.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:06 pm
Ankiel responds to HGH report

Don't know why nobody hasn't talked about it. I want to hear others opinion on this.  

Boston_24

doc.hyphae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:28 pm
Boston_24
Ankiel responds to HGH report

Don't know why nobody hasn't talked about it. I want to hear others opinion on this.

I mentioned it in the All-Sports-News forum. It's really disappointing; I was really excited about Ankiel, his comeback and his story, which I thought was the best baseball story this year. But the HGH issues tarnished all of my views on him. The same with Troy Glaus and Jay Gibbons, but Ankiel's usage of steroids really discouraged me from liking him.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:54 pm
He's a cheater. This is outragous. And to think that I hadn't heard about it until 3 days after he was caught (Tuesday). I knew this story was too good to be true. Something like this can happen, but it seemed he was doinn a bit too good. If he wasn't a powerful at hitter 3 years ago, how could he be so powerful now?  

MC icedog
Captain

big_man_9221

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:25 pm
icedog123
He's a cheater. This is outragous. And to think that I hadn't heard about it until 3 days after he was caught (Tuesday). I knew this story was too good to be true. Something like this can happen, but it seemed he was doinn a bit too good. If he wasn't a powerful at hitter 3 years ago, how could he be so powerful now?
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:43 pm
Him using HGH ruin this great story but I'm pretty sure people have moved on. I actually like watching him play defense. He's got a massive cannon.  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

JapaneseKariOut

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:03 pm
He had used HGH before he came back. It was one hell of a surgery. They needed to recontruct almost everything in his arm. It was on doctor's orders.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:24 pm
JapaneseKariOut
He had used HGH before he came back. It was one hell of a surgery. They needed to recontruct almost everything in his arm. It was on doctor's orders.

Where did you here this from?  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers