Good Idea?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
  GOLD!
View Results

nightwing773

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:13 pm
Some friends and I were having a discussion about something my hapkido instructor said to me a few weeks ago. He had heard I had my own academy and said that now from a business stand point I shouldn't be at his academy because we were competition.

Well, we were discussing, and saying how no martial artist should truly be competition in that sort, maybe as friendly competition in a tournament, but not in a business standpoint. we shouldn't be trying to put each other out of business, and someone shouldn't be kicked out of one academy because they attend another academy at the same time.

We devised a plan to unite out four academies in a new association, for any art, to unify and help us all out.

Within this association, we decided that we would have tournaments of all sorts, and anyone within one academy could go to another academy in the association without hassle. Also, we decided that n this association the head of each academy should add $35 (USD) to the funds of the association that way we can fund our tournaments without off the wall prices for the participants.

Well, this new association is called the UMAA, or the United Martial Artist's Association.

I think this would be a great way to get people who are trying to find academies in a place they are moving to an amazing help, and would help out the martial artist community.

What do you think? If you want more information if you are curious about joining, please send me a PM.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:08 pm
Aren't there like already a billion of these "associations" all over the states?  

Keyboard Warrior

The United Martial Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff