Reply Debate and Discussion
What happened to the Crusaders?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am
The Crusaders believed that they were doing a God given mission to crusade against the Saracens and capture the Holy Land. These days, people view their actions as abominable and ungodly to the extreme. So, using your knowledge of how God has punished in the past, comparing their acts and influences to those of other groups we know to have been condemned (such as Sodom and Gomorrah), and bringing in other evidence and conjecture, what do you think happened to the crusaders at heaven's gates?

It seems that even hypocritical and wicked leaders can lead people to a fate worse than their own, so the Vatican that called for the crusades might've led the crusaders to Gehenna, cf Matthew 23:15.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:34 pm
i thought there was a difference of the past christians in europe of the middle ages and the christians everywhere now neutral

i didnt think christians today would do those kinda things.. i studied this last year but i didnt fully understand it neutral

please if anyone has a dept of undersanding in this conept please let all of us know =] cuz im curious too  

pnai_pride777

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:37 am
They thought they were doing the Lord's work. Just like all the others who have sinned unknowingly. The Lord forgives those who genuinely desire it and ask for it, so they will be allowed in, the same as all the other Christians.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:41 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
They thought they were doing the Lord's work. Just like all the others who have sinned unknowingly. The Lord forgives those who genuinely desire it and ask for it, so they will be allowed in, the same as all the other Christians.

But those that the Pharisees led were doing sinful things unknowingly and therefore the Pharisees led them to a fate twice as worse as their own.

So, religious leaders can lead people to do sinful things, and even if their deeds are believed to be right by them, they will be cast into Gehenna all the same.

Mt 23:15 "Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees hypocrites for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte and when he is made ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves"  

IcarusDream

Debate and Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff