Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
But how do you know?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krechet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:21 pm
How are you so certain that there is a god, that all the things in the Bible happened? Try as I might, I just can't fully believe it. I really am trying, but it doesn't seem to work for me. What now?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:26 pm
They dont know.  

Scripps

Krechet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:31 pm
Arilavent
They dont know.

Aha. So I'm right. That's not too reassuring . . . gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:34 pm
Krechet
Arilavent
They dont know.

I should hope none of them will profess to knowing, either. It's that whole "faith" thing.  

Scripps

Krechet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:47 pm
Arilavent
Krechet
Arilavent
They dont know.

I should hope none of them will profess to knowing, either. It's that whole "faith" thing.

Aha. Faith. Yes, I've heard much about that. The question is, how do I go about getting faith? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:58 pm
Krechet
Arilavent
Krechet
Arilavent
They dont know.

Aha. Faith. Yes, I've heard much about that. The question is, how do I go about getting faith? confused
Meh, buy it at 7-eleven or something.

There's no answer to that question.  

Scripps

Troa_6986

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:58 pm
You have to have faith..plain and simple.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:03 am
Having faith is believing, even though you have no proof. I have faith in God, and in Jesus, even though I've never seen Him face to face. The only evidence I have is how I've seen Him working in my life, and how He's answered my prayers (and note, I'm making a distinction between evidence and proof- evidence being things that point to a fact, proof being something that proves it undeniably). I have my own testimony, and when I think back on the hardships in my life, I can truly see that God has gotten me through them. I won't go into it here or now, because it'll look like I'm having a pity party or something. But if you truly want to have faith, all you have to do is believe, and watch the little miracles unfold before you. However, a common mistake that people make about Christianity is that they believe it's all thunderbolts and earthquakes. God works in small ways, and speaks in whispers to your heart. When you listen to what He's telling you, really listen, then the message becomes clear.

Personally, I find it easier to believe in God rather than thinking the universe exploded from something the size of a pinhead for no apparent reason. Maybe that makes me weak, I don't know. But I am comfortable in my faith, and while obstacles of doubt have certainly been placed before me, God has gotten me over those hurdles. I am living evidence that God is real and works in people's lives.

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

ShenHazuki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:21 pm
Krechet
How are you so certain that there is a god, that all the things in the Bible happened? Try as I might, I just can't fully believe it. I really am trying, but it doesn't seem to work for me. What now?

Its one of those things you have to investigate throughrly for yourself. And then coem to the conclusion. Doesnt mean youll be right, but its all you can do. After reading and studing what i have and examing the world around me, ive found that the Bible makes sense and is truth, when you apply its teachings and truths to people and their personalitys...etc. But if your looking for hard cold facts to prove somthing to be true...orgins/relgious wise...youll be sadly disappointed. Christianity has some facts to support it, but not overwhemingly. Which leads you back to "faith". No matter what you bevlieve, it takes faith. Even the evolutionist have to have faith that their throy is correct, because if their not their going to hell. Whch they are wrong...so yeah  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:26 pm
i know how you fill i had dowts to but i dowted heaven and rely all i did was pray and say to God im not going to dowt any more and just have faith well thats what i did and it worked sorry probibly dinit spell to good  

tubbyflip

`Kel`

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:29 pm
Its not correct to say "seeing is believing". The right state is "believing is seeing". You cant say to God ,"ok, if your real than show yourself to me" He dosnt work that way. He works His way not ours. He has put out so many signs in this world its not funny. I have searched for Him, found Him, and spoken to Him. Period. I've had real experiences with Him. He always says to us, "Its better that you dont see me and believe" Because our faith is so much stronger then. God is no respector of persons, but he IS a respector of faith. Faith makes God move. Doubt makes Him angry and sad, and He never speaks much then. He will come see you when He sees faith. And Just talking to Him takes Faith.

I dont know why people dont get this faith thing. I guess its so simple its hard. Faith-----makes------God------Move. Period, Done, Over. Thats the just of it. Its easy. I guess people dont think much of faith these days and they think its corny to keep hearing faith this faith that. Have you ever wondered that the reason Christians say it so much is because its true. Unless you hand over your heart to Him, He cant really do anything with you.

I am 100 million % completely positive times a billion that Jehovah God exists. How do I know? I have spoken to Him. I have felt exactally what these other people would describe when I feel His presence. Just ask what everyone else feels in His presence and see. I have even felt His hand on my shoulder once. And I definatly believe in Hell because I had a bloody Demon scare the crap out of me a couple weeks ago.

To tell you the truth I think you have built this wall up with all the doubt. You need to tear it down so you can get through. You are still doubting.
Untill you stop you wont get it. You either believe or you dont. If you really want to believe it then you will believe it. If you cant seem to believe it, then you dont believe at all.

I am almost sure that Jesus is coming back in our lifetime, very soon here. Jesus has an urgency in His voice. He says that His kingdom is ready for His people, but His people are not ready for Him. But He says He will not wait forever, He is coming back very very soon to get the ones that are ready. So you need to figure it out before its too late. And If you get left behind dont have anything to do with the numbers 666... Dont forget that.

God Bless. and I hope to see you the last day with the rest of us. wink  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff