Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Kuro-Hana Subs receives Cease & Desist order from VIZ

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VIZ is not helping our eraser rain?
  @#$%!!!
  0.O
  u_u
View Results

Mater Familiae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:52 pm
Apparently VIZ isn't pleased that Death Note is being subbed and available for net download. Kuro-Hana Subs has received a Cease & Desist order. By June 22nd Kuro must stop all releases of subbed Death Note. Major blerg!

The letter content cracks me up. Says that Kuro's offerings will confuse viewers -- d'oh. Like fans do NOT know that VIZ owns the rights to it? C'mon!

With the cut off date at the 22nd, it seems that the final episode may not be available for viewing in subbed formate by Kuro. VIZ for president? Gawd.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:41 pm
Not only them, but Animanda as well.
This is a sad day, especially since they were 2 episodes from the end of the series crying  

Jentayro

Mater Familiae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:52 pm
Captaincarnival
Not only them, but Animanda as well.
This is a sad day, especially since they were 2 episodes from the end of the series crying

Indeed -- I noted the announcement at Animanda just after I discovered Kuro's C&D order. Grr ... Leave it to the capitalists to interfer with our viewing pleasure. As the Flying Lizards sang:

The best things in life or free,
But you can leave them to the birds and the bees
I want money
Lots of money ???
VIZ's money !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:58 pm
Well, there are probably some other groups that will take it up.
Ugh, I just hate how with all the episodes I have, there are like 4 or 5 sub-groups. But I can't complain.

I am really just shuddering with fear at how VIZ will market Death Note. No doubt that all the tweenage Adult Swim fangirls will be all over it. crying  

Jentayro

Mater Familiae

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:09 pm
I can only thank an online friend for steering me toward the series before it became tainted by the hands of VIZ. I have never been very keen on dubbed versions of anything. I highly doubt their interpretation of this will live up to the standards of true addicts.

Boo-hiss = Adult Swim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:31 am
You beat me to making a thread about this first. xD

Captaincarnival

I am really just shuddering with fear at how VIZ will market Death Note. No doubt that all the tweenage Adult Swim fangirls will be all over it. crying

I started fretting about that a while ago, actually. Just think about all the scene and emo kids who might be running around with Death Notes in about a year's time. :/ The whole 'notebook that can kill' thing will no doubt appeal to that kind of crowd.

@Mater Familiae: Yees, my online friend recommended it around episode 9 or 10 to me and I was hooked, then started following it every week whenever it came out. I'm so glad I got to watch it before all this started to happen. No doubt if I'd watched the dubbed version when it comes out first, I wouldn't have liked it nearly as much as I do now.

caffeine add!ction

Alterdeus

Wheezing Feeder

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:26 am
I can't believe they did this right at the end >.<
Omg the suspense will be horrible if I don't get to see the end till it is dubbed.

Although I already know what happens I still want to SEE it happen DX  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:46 am
Alterdeus

Ditto, bud. I am utterly crushed.  

Mater Familiae

Jentayro

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:00 pm
Even if the two main sub-groups for Death Note had to drop it, I'm sure that out of the dust will come another one since theres only 2 more episodes.......
I hope.

@caffeine add!ction: Oh lawdy do I hate scene/emo kids. The last thing we need is more idiots running around writing people's names down in their notebooks.
Ugh.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:15 am
Yes. |: As if the regular crazed fangirls/boys weren't bad enough. D:  

caffeine add!ction

Shigeru Kobayashi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:18 pm
I'd like to summarize my emotions with this:

=(  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:48 pm
Stupid Viz scream Who shoved a giant stick up their a** anyway? 2 episodes more wouldn't kill them stare

Of course, I imagine they're doing this so that we, cut off at the suspensful last few epsiodes, will be forced to watch the dub to see the ending. Or something equally ******** as that.  

Accidental Affinity

Hakumuoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:45 am
Mater Familiae
Alterdeus

Ditto, bud. I am utterly crushed.

Completely how I feel. Damn them. I say everyone stops buying things from VIZ.  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games