Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Rpgs R Us
Themes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:51 pm
Just a silly little pointless thing, but after hearing Skullcrusher Mountain and thinking of Benton, it struck me that our characters could well have theme tunes! (you know if I'm calling it silly, it must be REALLY silly).

Benton's, of course, would be Skullcrusher Mountain by Jonathan Coulton.

X-Men Rob: Break In-City(Storm the Gate!) by Tenacious D - not because he breaks in to rock'n'roll museums a lot, but that it's the sort of thing he'd hum while he did it.

Cowboy Bebop Rob: What Planet Is This?! by the Seatbelts - that particular Rob's ambition is to see as many new worlds as possible.

Selenica Perin: The Dragon Boy by Jo Hisaichi of course.

Attempt at make-it-not-silliness: it's another way to understand a character's character.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:43 pm
I actually did something like this once for each of my characters, but I stuck with lyricless video game BGMs. I prefer character themes to be instrumental, honestly, because that means you can use them as background music in actual scenes without getting in the way of character dialogue.

Let's see...I assigned to Ezra (from Arabian Nights) the theme to Dark Castle from Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest, but there's probably something else more appropriate that I didn't have easy access to back then.

I also assigned character themes to Brent Huguenin, the Mobile Suit pilot; Dyrenya the Drolem; Mezzo, the Maverick Hunter; Poryhedron as it appeared in Hero/Villain; Poryhedron as it appeared in Omnius; Poryhedron as he appeared in Of Ravens and Pokémorphs; Raistlin and Logrei, the traveling mages; Randall, the Xanthan from the North Village; and one each for Trevor and Wendell, two Pokémon trainers. All of those characters are retired at this point, though.

As for my other current characters: Tabitha/Cassie/Melanie/Ruth from X-Men, Frank from Discworld, Calice from Dreigania, Rockman from Rockman NEO, that one I have for Final RPG Fantasy I, Rockman from "Mega Man", Seamus McFarlane from Ferral Academy, Poryhedron from the Factory League, and Jander Meliamne from the newest Pokémorphs RPG...I'd have to do some thinking. I guess, since Factory League Pory is the only active Pory now, it can have the official Poryhedron's Theme as its own (Poryhedron's Theme is the Missile Silo stage BGM from Shatterhand.) Frank's theme could be Umaro's theme from FF6; that one seems dippy enough to cover him. Rockman from "Mega Man" can just be the theme from the show.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
Rpgs R Us

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers