This is so complicating

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jasmine Snape

High-functioning Detective

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:35 am
I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong forum or anything.
It's kind of a complicating situation.
I'm a second year bible college student. Last year I met this amazing guy there, and his name is Dave. He is a sweetheart.
Anyway, we started dating at the beginning of January of this year and we broke up about three weeks ago. There were several reasons, and none of them had anything to do with how we feel about each other, because I love him very much, and I have never once doubted that he loved me.
We agreed that it wasn't the right timing to start a relationship as he is going through some major struggles and things in his life, and I realised after we broke up that I was doing something wrong and it became a struggle.
We were going to stay good friends, because I definately didn't want to give that up and neither did he, but a couple of days after we broke up I realised that instead of relying on God in my relationship, I relyed soley on Dave and that to stop completely relying on him I needed to end our friendship. I think that even if we were still best friends, I would still be telling him everything going on in my life and not relying on God at all and that's wasn't healthy for me and it wasn't healthy for him either. God got my attention that day and really told me that I need to rely on him. It's something I'm working on right now.
I had to call Dave and tell him I couldn't talk to him anymore(we never saw each other because it was a long distance relationship, we saw each other once within the almost two months we dated, he lived 13 hours away, well I was still going to the bible school we met at). I don't think it will be forever but I just need space right now, and I can't have him as a friend right now, so soon after I realised I relied on him instead of God. I need to refocus and set my sights on God's love for me right now.
Do you think I did the right thing?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:26 pm
absolutely. You need to rely on God, and nobody should come inbetween that relationship. Just take your space right now and pray about it, God will help you through, and maybe you guys can become friends again some day.  

Sarcastic_Angel

Elenielle

Shameless Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:28 pm
Yes.

When something becomes more important than God, it's time to cut it off.

Now, that is much easier said than done...and I've found that the hard way. I just (well, 9 months ago, lol) got out of a relationship where feelings were also not the issue. He had his own issues (he was just being stupid...but w/e) and he hadn't dealt with them, and they were in turn dragging the relathinship down, and me with it. He's the sweetest guy I've ever met, and I haven't met anyone who will even think something bad about him. Ours was also a long distance thing.

After the relationship ended I was devestated. Now, 9 months later (and being my stupid, stubbourn self) I am realizing that it was for the better. My relationship with God had not really been compromised, however I wasn't relying on Him for as much. I wanted my boyfriend to fulfull the needs that only God can fill. That was why it hurt so much, because when he was gone, there was nothing there. But now I've turned to God Himself and all is well.

So I can speak from personal experience in saying that it will do you better in the long run, and you will have less of a broken heart. My ex and I will not be getting back together, but I'm finally okay with that now. God really will do all that He says.

So yeah...hope that helped...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:14 pm
It's good to know that I did the right thing. It was the hardest thing I've ever had to do and yet for some reason I felt a peace about it. It's the weirdest thing have two conflicting emotions about the same thing at the same time. I must say, that meeting soemone else who has gone through pretty much the same thing has helped a lot. Thank you soo much, both of you. I understand now I think that I have done the right thing. God loves me and I need to let him love me. And I need to rely on him, he needs to be number one in my life.

Thank you so much for your help, it does make me feel al ittle better about this whole thing.

God bless. razz
heart  

Jasmine Snape

High-functioning Detective

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out