Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Dark Mousy Fan Guild Main
Thank you for 100 members! (New stuff coming soon!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How should I organize the guild?
  Put everything in their own sticky (I don't mind it cluttering the main page)
  Put everything in one big sticky (I don't mind having to look through one long thread)
  Make a guild directory (I don't mind being directed to different journal entries)
  I don't care how you do it.
View Results

Zakura-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:05 pm
The Queen of Dreams~

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for helping the guild get to 100 members! I couldn't have done it without your help!

Also, I want you guys to look forward to some new things coming to the guild, including:

• Referral Prizes! Earn gold for referring Gaians to The Dark Mousy Fan Guild!
  • Banners! Use a banner to advertise the guild in your siggy, journal, or other website! Also earn gold for creating banners for the guild to use!
  • New look! The stickies and homepage of the guild are going to be re done to create a professional, unified look and to give the guild more of an "image".
  • Member cards! You know those cool little member cards that some guilds give their members? I'm planning on making them for our guild, too. :3
  • Dark's Birthday Celebration! This guild is about Dark Mousy, right? So why not make his birthday, November 11th, our biggest holiday? On his birthday members will earn prizes based on guild participation, including post count, numbers of topics created, activeness, and overall contribution. Not to mention they'll be contests and games for everyone to enter and enjoy!

Now, this poses another question. I could make a sticky for each of the new things (One for banners, one for referrals, etc.), make one uber sticky to have all the information in one place (I'd probably combine it with the current rules and guidelines sticky), or just make a guild directory and make everything have a different page which will link to the guild mule's journal.

The advantages of having them all as their own stickies is that it'll be the easiest to find and most convenient. The disadvantages is that it'll take up a lot of room on the main guild page (I'm not sure about you guys, but I always found too many stickies to be annoying).

Having one big sticky to have everything in it would mean a cleaner forum front, however it might be discouraging to have to look through one giant sticky to find specific things you need.

The third idea is the one I personally like best, the idea of having a guild directory and then linking to different entries in the journal. This will mean a cleaner forum page, and it will also make it easy to find what you need since it will mainly be a click-and-go kind of thing. However, it'll be one more step to take to get information, one more place to go, and it won't be directly in the guild.

I'm not sure how else you could do it, but I'm open to suggestions and feedback. ^__^

So guild, what do you think of the new things to come? How should I organize everything?

I hope to get most everything done by the end of March so I can set up an Easter event of some kind, but I want to get everyone's opinions before I start. After all, I may own the guild, but it's the members that make it successful and fun to maintain and be a part of!

~Zakura-chan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:28 pm
I think having banners and cards is a great idea! smile And I think the directory would be more organized and easier to navigate.  

sachi desu

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Zakura-chan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:48 am
The Queen of Dreams~

Thank you for replying!

I'm glad you like those ideas; I like to know that all my work is appreciated. XD

And since I think it was you, thanks for breaking the tie that was in the poll. I don't vote in polls concerning this stuff, and only 5 members had voted. XD

~Zakura-chan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:13 am
I like the guild directory thing with the guild mule. It sounds to be more organized that way. ^.^ Can't wait to see the banners and stuff!  

Qutikyri

darkdark7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:57 am
i agree about 11/11 being our biggest holiday blaugh its almost the best day out of the whole entire year anyway^^  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:05 am
The Queen of Dreams~

Qutikyri: Hehe, alright. I'm glad you're excited about them. ^__^

Ninja: Hehe, that it is. XD

~Zakura-chan

Zakura-chan
Vice Captain

Execute Spirit Evolution

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:16 am
Oh!

I wanna celebrate Dark's Birthday!!
whee