Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
ALL MARTIAL ARTISTS TAKE THIS POLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What martial art do you study (the most out of the ones you do)?
  Karate
  Aikido
  Tae Kwon Do
  Kuk-Sool-Won
  Capoeira
  Choy Li Fut
  Ju-jitsu
  Muay Thai
  Ninjutsu
  Other
View Results

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:52 pm
I take chai tea chong do kwong style. I study under Kwar par Yoong who studied under Yang Tong So who studied under Chan Wong Chin who studied under Peter Parker who studied under Charles Xavier who studied under Jesus who studied under Buddha who studied under GOD!

So as you can see, my style is the oldest and the bestest in the world....and the best part? WE DON'T SPAR....we love to punch and kick air because air is the true enemy...oh and pine boards.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:02 am
Keyboard Warrior
I take chai tea chong do kwong style. I study under Kwar par Yoong who studied under Yang Tong So who studied under Chan Wong Chin who studied under Peter Parker who studied under Charles Xavier who studied under Jesus who studied under Buddha who studied under GOD!

So as you can see, my style is the oldest and the bestest in the world....and the best part? WE DON'T SPAR....we love to punch and kick air because air is the true enemy...oh and pine boards.

Okay... xp  

Mangafairy

Keyboard Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:58 pm
Heh, at least its not TKD or _ing _un  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:52 am
Keyboard Warrior

confused sure... biggrin  

Mangafairy

Tsunami of Sound T or D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:12 am
Keyboard Warrior

I'm still confused as to why TKD is so bad. I think that its awsome that their world TKD feduration's [sp?] is w.t.f. and sure it takes like no time to get a belt/sash whatever. But other than that its still a martial art.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:51 pm
Tsunami of Sound
Keyboard Warrior

I'm still confused as to why TKD is so bad. I think that its awsome that their world TKD feduration's [sp?] is w.t.f. and sure it takes like no time to get a belt/sash whatever. But other than that its still a martial art.

It's one of the most popular martial arts around, as such it has quite its share of belt factories and mcdojos. ATA is the prominant organization responsible for teaching family friendly kiddy taekwondo (my beef w/ them is that they do tag sparring). ITF is an absolute mess politically and has an identity crisis, they claim to be "traditional" tkd when really traditional tkd is a myth and just a clone of shotokan karate (they also don't spar full contact and are very hypocritical from my experience). WTF is full contact progressive and modern olympic sport, criticized because it's emphasizes "sport" over art or because it doesn't cross over to ther full contact martial sports very well.

Personally, WTF TKD is IMO the "real" TKD in that it's the olympic sport aspect that has progressed the art from being just a shotokan clone into something unique. It's a competitive sport as any other but because it's grouped as a martial art, it's expected to perform just as effectively as other full contact martial arts/sports do at mma or other "street fighting" variants.  

TaeKyon

Bruce Lee52

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:07 pm
I do Kenpo. It's a combination of martial arts.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:06 am
Cool...I bet its fun to do! biggrin  

Mangafairy

Woglinde

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:03 pm
I practice Bruce Lee's philosphy of "Jeet Kune Do" (Not really a style) and Limalama, an eclectic American-Polynesian art, and Kali (Arnis) Which is basically Phillipino stick and knife fighting.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 11:28 am
Wikid!  

Mangafairy

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:29 pm
I often study Kung fu now. Since my teacher knows a mix of Tae kwon do, karate and kung fu, yeah we learn alot that actually helps us in fights and such.

And whats with this Wushu thing? I'm always hearing the idiot next to me yelling "I'M GONNA BE THE ULTIMATE FIGHTER!!" or that UNFC iunno fighter cause he knows Wushu or something. He looks decent but i just know hes gonna get his a** kicked badly (hope its by me)  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:32 pm
Miyavi San
I often study Kung fu now. Since my teacher knows a mix of Tae kwon do, karate and kung fu, yeah we learn alot that actually helps us in fights and such.

Lol, none of those martial arts that you listed inherently have any ground/grappling/wrestling techniques.  

TaeKyon

Miyavi San

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 6:03 pm
TaeKyon
Miyavi San

Lol, none of those martial arts that you listed inherently have any ground/grappling/wrestling techniques.

oh, right. For some of the grappling or wrestling, I do know some CQC stuff (although it was ayear ago, I cant seem to remember) and for wrestling, I just cant remember until I actually need to use. theres time where I fight and things just kick in on its own. Last time a week ago someone tried to grab me from behind and did a choke hold, I dont know how I did it but I did something that pin him down o.o its still a blur to me now everytime I try to remember. I may need to re-visit a friend of mine who does know wresting&CQC and learn its basic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:11 pm
I take Korean Tae Kwon Do. We also do Hapkido, ju jitsu, gum do (Korean sword techniques) and a series of take downs. I love my school!

I really want to study Jeet Kune Do though. I truely admire Bruce Lee, always have and I would love to learn his philosphy.  

Kitsune_Moon230

The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces