Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
ryuk

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

axelmaster

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:10 am
he guys something i never understood would you say that light suffers from multiple personality dissorder.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:06 pm
he does not, he's crazy and thats it.  

chessbless

Ghourry
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:25 pm
Lol. Iim going with Crazy too because it's more fun that way XD  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:02 pm
Subject said "ryuk" but whatever. I don't think Light is crazy or suffers from Multiple Personality disorder. For Example, the Light before the DEathNote dropped was just like Light when he lost his memory. It's like before and after, or the path not taken. He's the same person, just missing the crucial knowledge that gives him that final push to be the zealous "god" that he sees himself to be with the power of the DeathNote... So I'd say that the DeathNote corrupts him. twisted  

Sagunama

the_noodle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:13 pm
Wait why would he have MPD?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:32 pm
*looks at title then original post, shrugging it off*

..I don't think Light suffers from MPD, nor does he form another personality after acquiring the Death Note.

Usually those with MPD form different "personalities" in order to cover up the pain associated with a traumatic experience. Though Light's first "experiment" with the Death Note was...shocking, in a way, he never really had a traumatic experience with it. If anything, it furthered his already elitist mindset.

And I agree with Sagunama-- the Death Note corrupts Light's mind further.

(btw, I'm taking abnormal psychology in college, and we sorta went over MPD)  

Mercurial Bloom

Verior

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:27 am
Light, since the Death Note came into his possession, has suffered from a simply, yet extreme, god complex, in which the victim believes that they are, or they aim to be, a greater being than that of society.

After giving up possession of the note, he was cured of this, as he no longer had the power, or the incentive to live the ideals he had as Kira, which he only came across by chance.

One could say that Light was simply unlucky, as he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Had he found the note at another time, he may not have begun to use it for mass murder, as the incentive, brought upon by violence and corruption, wasn't there.

It was also Light's intelligence and curiosity that led to the birth of Kira, as he was curious if the note actually worked, and wanted to test it.

In the end though, M.P.D. was not the problem, it was just that he had more power than he, or nearly any mortal person, could handle, so his downfall could only be explained as a result of bad luck and human nature, which is why one cannot truly blame him for what he would become.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:50 pm
Sagunama
Subject said "ryuk" but whatever. I don't think Light is crazy or suffers from Multiple Personality disorder. For Example, the Light before the DEathNote dropped was just like Light when he lost his memory. It's like before and after, or the path not taken. He's the same person, just missing the crucial knowledge that gives him that final push to be the zealous "god" that he sees himself to be with the power of the DeathNote... So I'd say that the DeathNote corrupts him. twisted

He's right.
3nodding

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:13 pm
Light develops a god complex as a result of recieving the Death Note, which enhanced possible underlying sociopathic tendancies. It has nothing to do with MPD.

[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games