Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
Spiritualism Anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gift of Krampus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:13 pm
I was wondering if anyone does spiritualism here or wished to. I also want to know what religon is so. Just curious. If you post here I prefer you must post this information also. Thanks.

PLEASE ALSO POST ALSO STYLE OF MARTIAL ARTS AND BELT OR NAME LEVEL. ^^

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:02 pm
well by Spirituallism what do you mean?  

Doctor_Strange

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:07 pm
I follow a wide range of beliefs some Taoist beliefs there is a lot of truth in the Tao I carry a Yin yang on my key chain I feel you should not go against nature every thing must stay in balance or you have problems.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honor thy father and thy mother. This goes as long as there is no reason not to face it some people are bad parents.

Thou shalt not kill. Ok as long as you have no reason to kill I would kill for food and to protect that is the natural way.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's belongings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do believe in duels I have challenged people before for insulting me or for disrespecting me. It angers me a lot and I feel somethings are not fixed in other ways.

I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth but I feel things should be talked about first things may not need to be violent and doing so could start a chain of violent acts.

I have my own rules and code of conduct it comes from all sorts of places Asia, Pagan ways even Christianity few understand my feeling because a lot of these sort of things are viewed as out dated or barbaric. I feel a strong connection to chivalry, Bushido and other such codes this is how men are supposed to act. I may not be as good as I should be but I try. I love Viking beliefs the way they did things they believed in honor and courage just about as much as the Samurai. Stand strong and show no fear it wont save you crying is useless.

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/holmgang.shtml

http://etymonline.com/viking.php

I hate religion I feel fighting over things like the creation of every thing is useless I believe in the facts Evolution and Science. My religion if you want to call it that is a mix of all I have said and other things loyalty, Courage, honesty these things mean more to me than God or the creation of man.

If we can't get these things right than what use is a religion we still fight and kill over god, land and power. I have a long way to go in my path I am still weak in areas I am not completely honest with others and still have fear towards things that may seem small to some.

As for my style I do Wing Chun with a few things from other styles mixed in Wing Chun is mainly a Buddhist system with some Taoism as well but we are not connected to a Shaolin school and do not have any focus on these ways. I bend my training around my view of things and leave out that which is not needed. I will use my skills if I feel it necessary in my view as I said above includes insults I have back handed a guy for talking s**t and have kicked someone in the gut for clinching his fists while taking a threatening stance. If someone were to poke me in the chest or place a hand on me they risk loosing it. I get very angry at such things and am not the kind of person who gets into verbal combat or shoving matches.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:50 pm
Spirits, ghosts, chi, religon, ect...

Anything of that sort.  

Gift of Krampus

Roninofthewest

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:03 am
well said Wolf.
i dont subscribe to any specific religious belief, i am who i am. im not Ronin the christian, Ronin the Jew, Ronin the whatever. im just Ronin and i get very offended when people try to judge me based on my belief system.
i think that life is a journy, do good and good will usually come to you. when it doesnt it is just a challenge for you to over come.

my father and mother divorced when i was about 15, and about a year latter i wound up living with him and this woman he had just started seeing. the day i moved in she said to me "you will go to church with us or you can live on the street" thats not christian at all. you cant just force feed religion to somone and expect them to swallow it. i didnt leave on good turms.

my philosiphy is that somthing you do is only good if you know that you would do it even though you will get nothing for it in return. i dought god counts brownee points and neither do i. i stumped my priest once when i asked him what he would go to hell for. he said that there was nothing on this earth that he would go to hell for. then i asked him if he loved his kids, of course he said yes. then i said thats sad, i would die and willingly go to hell for anyone in my family and you wouldnt even do the same for your kids? he just stared at me blankly, he had a defence for everything i said up untill i asked him that. i believe that if you die and go to heaven the what have you lost? nothing. if you die and go to hell, make it worth it. i dont value the things in my pocket like i value my family or human life. thats the sad thing about people. they twist their religion to suit thier own needs, killing and maiming those that do not think the way they do. even though their religin forbids it to begin with.

just food for thought: do you think god didnt know that we would bite into the forbiden fruit? dont tell me he didnt put it there for a reason. people make a big deal about what separates us from animals. i belive that animals are the only ones without sin. they can kill, rape, and do whatever they like. their animals, but humans are the only animal that can willingly and knowingly defy god. weather you do or dont is erelevent the fact that he gave ust the option to rise or to fall by the work of our own hand is the greatest gift that god has ever given us.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:29 pm
I am of the church of who gives a flying !@#?. Right now God is on my s**t list I do some times pray and lately I have been praying things will go well with me and a girl I am friends with but she broke it off after one week because some past guy poped up from no where and proposed to her and freaked her out thats how she said it she says she needs some time. If there is a God he is being a douche and the Devil wont return my calls. Seems my pagan gods are on vacation so I am going it alone as always. stressed  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

TaeKyon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:06 pm
Wolf Nightshade
I follow a wide range of beliefs some Taoist beliefs there is a lot of truth in the Tao I carry a Yin yang on my key chain I feel you should not go against nature every thing must stay in balance or you have problems.
Honor thy father and thy mother. This goes as long as there is no reason not to face it some people are bad parents.

Thou shalt not kill. Ok as long as you have no reason to kill I would kill for food and to protect that is the natural way.

Thou shalt not steal.

I do believe in duels I have challenged people before for insulting me or for disrespecting me. It angers me a lot and I feel somethings are not fixed in other ways.

I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth but I feel things should be talked about first things may not need to be violent and doing so could start a chain of violent acts.

I have my own rules and code of conduct it comes from all sorts of places Asia, Pagan ways even Christianity few understand my feeling because a lot of these sort of things are viewed as out dated or barbaric. I feel a strong connection to chivalry, Bushido and other such codes this is how men are supposed to act. I may not be as good as I should be but I try. I love Viking beliefs the way they did things they believed in honor and courage just about as much as the Samurai. Stand strong and show no fear it wont save you crying is useless.

I hate religion I feel fighting over things like the creation of every thing is useless I believe in the facts Evolution and Science. My religion if you want to call it that is a mix of all I have said and other things loyalty, Courage, honesty these things mean more to me than God or the creation of man.

If we can't get these things right than what use is a religion we still fight and kill over god, land and power. I have a long way to go in my path I am still weak in areas I am not completely honest with others and still have fear towards things that may seem small to some.

As for my style I do Wing Chun with a few things from other styles mixed in Wing Chun is mainly a Buddhist system with some Taoism as well but we are not connected to a Shaolin school and do not have any focus on these ways. I bend my training around my view of things and leave out that which is not needed. I will use my skills if I feel it necessary in my view as I said above includes insults I have back handed a guy for talking s**t and have kicked someone in the gut for clinching his fists while taking a threatening stance. If someone were to poke me in the chest or place a hand on me they risk loosing it. I get very angry at such things and am not the kind of person who gets into verbal combat or shoving matches.

You realize that the majority of your views that you listed are more akin to Christian or Confucian virtues rather than Taoism. Filial piety for example has its origin in Confucianism, the antithesis of Taoism, considering Taoism was a counter-cultural movement to the strict moralism of Confucianism in China. Moreover, Taoism isn't really moralistic, it's more so neutral rather than judgmental. Extrapolating from what you've just said about yourself, I wouldn't consider you a taoist. Also, you're also full of contradictions, for someone talking about conflicts being talked out first, you admit you're quick to initiate physical conflict.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:40 pm
It all depends on the situation humans are walking contradictions.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

stardaughterofwind

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:13 pm
Well, I suppose that if you're going by what our religious(though I prefer to call it my beliefs and faith rather than religion, but that's just me) beliefs are; I am a Christian. I belive that Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose again, thus conquering death. I believe and in God and in the Bible and what it says. I belive in forgiving, love, respect, kindness (to all whether they 'deserve' it or not), honor in both one's conduct and in one's treatment of others.

I take Tang Soo Do and I am an orange belt. I suppose that my Faith connects with Karate in the fact that the things taught in Karate class -our codes and tenents- are the same things that the Bible teaches. Respect, honor, kindness, hardwork, that sort of stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:21 am
Dont take this to be an insult this is just my experience. I stopped subscibing to the Christian doctorine because I always felt like I was being judged. I am not the Christain Roninofthewest, I am not the Jew Roninofthewest, Im not the Musilum, Budist, Pagon whatever. I am Ronin, I am not perfect, I just do what I can not to harm or mistreat other people. I dont get mad at somone if they dont think the way I do as long as they respect my right to think and believe what ever I care to.
This is somthing somone once told me. In this world there are people who will never here the word Jesus Christ in there life time. Its a pity that they should be condemed to hell for never hereing the name and a just and right god would not do so. Of all of gods creatures we are the only ones who can openly and knowingly defy gods will. He gave us free will and the right to say no. If you know in your heart that what you are doing is wrong and still do it, then you have sinned. If you never knew it was wrong or couldnt forsee the outcome then you are faultless. It only takes a little bit of brain power to see the sense in this weather you think the same or not. So long as you think about what you believe and not just copy paste others opinions onto your own then you should do allright.
I take others ideas and test them against my own, if they fit then i will keep them, if they dont then i discard them. Somtimes I may sound hypicritical, but thats just human nature I guess.  

Roninofthewest

Roninofthewest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:24 am
Chi-Shihan Kei Kakuhan

Anything of that sort.

I think you may have opened up a pandora's box here buddy. lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:17 am
TaeKyon
Wolf Nightshade

Thou shalt not steal.

You realize that the majority of your views that you listed are more akin to Christian or Confucian virtues rather than Taoism. Filial piety for example has its origin in Confucianism, the antithesis of Taoism, considering Taoism was a counter-cultural movement to the strict moralism of Confucianism in China. Moreover, Taoism isn't really moralistic, it's more so neutral rather than judgmental. Extrapolating from what you've just said about yourself, I wouldn't consider you a taoist. Also, you're also full of contradictions, for someone talking about conflicts being talked out first, you admit you're quick to initiate physical conflict.

Views like 'do not kill' are shared in most religions, most are very closely rlated in their values, but their belief systems can vary considerably.  

Mangafairy

Mangafairy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:08 am
Roninofthewest
Chi-Shihan Kei Kakuhan

Anything of that sort.

I think you may have opened up a pandora's box here buddy. lol.

BTW, only recently did I really learn the meaning behind this saying. I knew it meant opening up troubles and causing them but i didn't know where it was from and in english we were looking at a Greek story, Prometheus- The guy who was strapped to a mountain by the Olympians and a vulture ate his liver every day and it grew back and again and again for all eternity. Well...when he stole fire from the gods to give to the humans they decided to get revenge, so they gave him the most beautiful companion, a woman named Pandora and gave her a gift of curiosity, and a box, pandoras box.

She was so curious that she opened it and all kinds of bad monsters entered the human world, illness, pain and death. But she managed to keep the worst monster inside the box.

I just thought I'd add that because I didn't know that untill recently, and I found it interesting! SORRY!!! xd  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:52 pm
*returns to gaia ridding on the flame of boredom* I myself believe in the spiritual as for my faith I am what I am and I only follow what is true to me since not one person has the same exact beliefs . We all have different views on things some just may be similar or far from it.  

Vicious_Truth
Captain

The United Martial Artists Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces