Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
I was totally put in my place~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you like it?
  YES!!!
  No :/
View Results

Hive382

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:07 pm
When I heard there was going to be a Death Note anime, I was expecting someting not all that great. Sort of a half assed effort to make more money.

Well, recently I saw the first two episodes, and GOD DAMN!!!! Now there are a lot of anime I like more then Death Note (Not anymore I dont think. @w@), but this seriously put all of them in the dark. The scene in the first episode, where Raito is writing down the names of criminals and is killing them, and it also looks like is is slicing them with something. That, with the music, was just so dramatic. And at the end of the secound one, with L and Raito both saying 'I am Justice!' and L's voice when he talks to everyone is so perfect.

And I like Ryuk a lot more now. For some reason, he's more apealing in the anime for me then in the manga. Although I always liked him, I like him even more now that I have seen the anime.

AHHH! SO COOL! I never gush at anime! Ever!! But Death Note gave me chills! The manga was also exciting and made you think, but it never really dilivered the same thing the anime has in just two episodes.

Sooo....uhhh.... Yeah. Not really a discussion, mostley a rant. @w@  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:15 pm
Henada
When I heard there was going to be a Death Note anime, I was expecting someting not all that great. Sort of a half assed effort to make more money.

Well, recently I saw the first two episodes, and GOD DAMN!!!! Now there are a lot of anime I like more then Death Note (Not anymore I dont think. @w@), but this seriously put all of them in the dark. The scene in the first episode, where Raito is writing down the names of criminals and is killing them, and it also looks like is is slicing them with something. That, with the music, was just so dramatic. And at the end of the secound one, with L and Raito both saying 'I am Justice!' and L's voice when he talks to everyone is so perfect.

And I like Ryuk a lot more now. For some reason, he's more apealing in the anime for me then in the manga. Although I always liked him, I like him even more now that I have seen the anime.

AHHH! SO COOL! I never gush at anime! Ever!! But Death Note gave me chills! The manga was also exciting and made you think, but it never really dilivered the same thing the anime has in just two episodes.

Sooo....uhhh.... Yeah. Not really a discussion, mostley a rant. @w@

I completely agree with you. That's EXACTLY, to a pinpoint what I thought. It was amazing. The art was still very good (considering it's an anime) and the voices were well done. The different shots of the characters and varying angles were nicely done as well. Not to mention the dramatic music in the background.

I mean, is it just me, or is Death Note MUCH more disturbing as an anime than it ever was as a manga?

In short, I thought it was just BRILLIANT.  

AtreeX

Salty Cat

Hive382

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:02 pm
Ahh! YES! Never has an anime given me chills like this one! Its much creepier. @w@  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:43 pm
I thought the slashing of the pen might have been over done, but yeah it did set the whole mood.  

Lost Squirrel

Katana no Kisaki

Shadowy Rogue

12,240 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:48 pm
They've really done a beautiful job...hopefully this will carry over to the dub...  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:20 am
There was absolutely nothing done wrong with the anime. The mood and suspense is much greater than that of the manga, especially with the addition of the amazing music and lighting effects..  

Verior

the_noodle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:05 pm
Sakujo....Sakujo...Sakujo...
Teehee I wish I had something to eliminate so I could say that...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:38 am
I know! I didn't even watch it with subtitles yet (or while fully awake...) but the first couple of episodes were really chilling.  

RionaDaidouji
Vice Captain

the_noodle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:27 am
I watched it before reading it I think....  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games