8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
I've made this decision upon my own accord
88%
 88%  [ 22 ]
I've never thought that way before
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
My parents have always told me that. I believe them.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 25

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:06 pm
Berezi
Master Protoman_exe
... Wow, so basically you're saying what you just said with a longer post.

Not quite. I expanded on what I was saying in order to make the point.
The points:
1) Just because a game, or any media for that matter, has objectionable content doesn't mean that we shouldn't play it.
2) These games don't usually convey bad themes, and have actually made me think on occasion, and for the better. I don't see how this is a detriment to my faith.
The expansion is the proof for these things.

Quote:

I will concede for now. Simply put, I am not good with using bunches of words, so I do not get my point accross. Terribly sorry.

There's nothing for you to apologize about.

If you're going to concede, I'd rather it be for the merit of my words than the length of them.

If you still feel like you have more to say, I'd rather hear what you've got to say. You don't have to be good at using lots of words. You only have to be good at backing up what you say.

FYI - if you start making references to the Pentateuch for our daily lives, most likely you'll hear someone say "do you eat shellfish?" in response. There are plenty of other places in scripture where you can find out that we should abstain from witchcraft. But the issue here isn't that. It's whether or not a game is okay to play even if it has some objectionable content.
Beating a dead horse is wrong, man.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:18 pm
Master Protoman_exe
Fair enough. Have a great day!

P.s. nice siggy.  

Berezi

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:03 pm
Berezi
Master Protoman_exe
Fair enough. Have a great day!

P.s. nice siggy.
mrgreen I like it, too. 'cept I don't agree with everything in Phoenix Wright.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:04 pm
Seority
Master Protoman_exe
Seority
.~* heart *~.

Oddly enough, it is just a game.
What else is it that you keep talking about? Because, to be truthful, I don't see anything else.

.~* 4laugh *~.
Simply put, maybe you should look farther into what I am saying.

.~* heart *~.

I'd rather not, unless there's a good reason. You haven't said anything that might make me change my mind besides just thinking about it. I've already have and, again, I've heard nothing that has made me think anymore about it.

.~* 4laugh *~.
And your goal is to offend me, yes?  

The Noble Protoman.exe

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:58 pm
Master Protoman_exe
Seority
Master Protoman_exe
Seority
.~* heart *~.

What else is it that you keep talking about? Because, to be truthful, I don't see anything else.

.~* 4laugh *~.

.~* heart *~.

I'd rather not, unless there's a good reason. You haven't said anything that might make me change my mind besides just thinking about it. I've already have and, again, I've heard nothing that has made me think anymore about it.

.~* 4laugh *~.
Don't take everything so personally.

Really.

Games are really what you make of them. I'm sure there's people who do take them too seriously, but if you see something as just a game, then it really is just a game. Period. End of story.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:57 pm
Ok first of all I think it is important to say that my decisions are my own and that I therefore believe it is impossible to classify myself as anything.

Why do you believe what you believe?
- I think this question can be divided into two answers: religious and philososohical beliefs. For religion I belive that there is no god because I have no need to belive in god, I have no proof to make me think that there is a god, and in history nothing has caused more suffering and murder than the religions based on love and I refuse to let myself become part of that bloodbath.

-Now philosophically I believe that people should be able to do whatever they please as long as it hurts no one else. The reason for this is that the basis for most laws is to make sure no one inflicts damage on another. Besides that basic principal I believe that trying to make a moral do this and dont do this code is foolish because everyone has a differnt set of morals.

How do you know it to be true?
-I do not KNOW it to be true. However how does anyone know anything to be true. For every person who says something is the truth there will be another saying it is not. Therefore I simply believe whatever I wish, and allow others to do the same. However if someone tries to attack my beliefs I will strike back.

Are you willing to die for it?
-The willingness to die for ideals is one of humanities greatests strenghts and weaknesess. I don't have any god to die for so I must alter the question to " What will I be willing to die for". The answer to that would be I would be willing to die for anything that would make other people safer and happier. Unfortunately many times the problems of people are caused by other humans. Therefore I think that the olive branch is stronger than the sword. So in other words I would die for the ability to show the world that we, despite all our differnces, are in essence one and that therefore we should live peacefully with one another with hapiness for all.

How are you willing to prove it?
- I have no religious beliefs so I have no interest on trying to prove that there is or is not a god to anyone. I think it is their basic human right to believe as they wish and I should not infringe on it. As for my philosophy I would be willing to prove it by giving a message of peace to all that will willingly listen and hoping that the message spreads.

How much are you showing it?
I show my philosophy by helping all that I can and teaching them how to help others

He he, all from a satanist eh.

Oh btw im sure that there are a couple vauge statements and unwieldy sentences in there so if anyone would like me to clarify anything I said I will be more than happy to  

Icarus Alecto

The Noble Protoman.exe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:02 am
SinfulGuillotine
Master Protoman_exe
Seority
Master Protoman_exe
Seority
.~* heart *~.

.~* 4laugh *~.

.~* heart *~.

.~* 4laugh *~.
Don't take everything so personally.

Really.

Games are really what you make of them. I'm sure there's people who do take them too seriously, but if you see something as just a game, then it really is just a game. Period. End of story.
Well forgive me from trying to play the Devil's advocate and just strike conversation. That's all it was.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:21 pm
Master Protoman_exe
I've been thinking about the worldviews I've been taught and most of them make sense only if you follow Christianity. I mean, it's not like the strict rules that Christians can't entertain non-Christian music. It's like the ideals of not having sex before marriage. Only people who are walking with God would understand why we believe that. Atheists... Bhuddists... many groups of people believe we are like animals... And it's too difficult to prove otherwise...
In terms of religeon and basic beliefs...
Why do you believe what you believe?
How do you know it to be true?
Are you willing to die for it?
How are you willing to prove it?
How much are you showing it?
Those five questions are my basis for my worldview.
Discuss, what are your answers to these questions?

Why? Because it is true!
How? Too much proof in the world to prove that it is true! It is there if you open your eyes!
Yes I am willing to die for it  

jamesthelittle

nikochik450

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:20 pm
I believe what I believe first of all, not of my own accord. I believe what I believe because God has instilled in my heart the knowledge of who He is, and what my calling as a Christian is. He has given me a faith in him that I would be lost without.

I know it to be true because He has revealed Himself and His truth in the nature around me, the history of this world, my own conscience, and in His own written word the Bible.

How can a true Christian say that they would not be willing to die for their belief? Unfortunately whether or not they are actually willing will only be established when Christ comes again. I believe with all my heart that I would be willing to die for my Saviour. Not of my own power of course, but with the help of my heavenly Father.

How am I willing to prove it? By all means necessary, all though if God does not work in the hearts of unbelievers then it is impossible to prove my belief's to any that should oppose them.

How much am I showing it?
Since I am by nature dead in sin than I am afraid I do not show it as I ought to. I do my best though, and I hope that others see me as a good example.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff