Reply Nintendo Defenders
Nintendo Wii has a set price... *in Japan*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailorcancer2004

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:50 am
From what IGN said and The-Magicbox.com, the japanese price fo the Wii is 25,000 yen which in dollors is $222. NoA also said that the Wii would be no more then $250... So will the Wii be a little bit higher then the other Nintendo consoles?  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:25 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

The_Ky-Guy

Rockman JET

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:22 pm
now thats reasonable price. I mean the WII's price not the Playstation 3's  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:46 pm
Rockman JET

I'd like to see the Wii at $199 personaly XD

But isn't the Xbox 360 rumored to have a price drop? Say the Core pack goes from $299 to $250? That's the price of a Wii, so then the question is... will people get a Wii or a 360?  

Sailorcancer2004

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:14 pm
Just like I mentioned on the list, there is an open Japanese price on the 60 GB PS3. What do you think of that?  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:11 am
Sailorcancer2004
Rockman JET

But isn't the Xbox 360 rumored to have a price drop? Say the Core pack goes from $299 to $250? That's the price of a Wii, so then the question is... will people get a Wii or a 360?

it is a good price you not only get a gamecube system but most of the nintendo's past systems plus some from sega and like that turbo system company games all on one system.  

Rockman JET

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:32 am
Rockman JET
Sailorcancer2004
Rockman JET

it is a good price you not only get a gamecube system but most of the nintendo's past systems plus some from sega and like that turbo system company games all on one system.
It's called Turbo Grafix. I can't wait to get the Wii so I can download the original "Splatterhouse." 3nodding

Anyway, with all of that downloadable backwards compatibility, awesome new games and of course, the Wi-Fi capabilities, $250 is quite a reasonable price. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:38 pm
Sailorcancer2004
From what IGN said and The-Magicbox.com, the japanese price fo the Wii is 25,000 yen which in dollors is $222. NoA also said that the Wii would be no more then $250... So will the Wii be a little bit higher then the other Nintendo consoles?

That's ludicrous. With Reggie now at the helm of NoA, I'd say it'd be more around $200.  

ayukichan

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:41 pm
ayukichan
Sailorcancer2004

That's ludicrous. With Reggie now at the helm of NoA, I'd say it'd be more around $200.
Meh! Either way, it will still be cheaper than the PS3. xd  
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:13 pm
Sailorcancer2004
Rockman JET

Even if there is a price drop. I must say that anyone who buys the Core system is an idiot. To play most games you have to spend more to "upgrade" it to the level of the full system than the full system(minus the price of the Core system) costs.

But I'm perfectly willing to pay $250.  

TurMacar

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:00 pm
I Macar
Sailorcancer2004
Rockman JET

Even if there is a price drop. I must say that anyone who buys the Core system is an idiot. To play most games you have to spend more to "upgrade" it to the level of the full system than the full system(minus the price of the Core system) costs.

hell yeah, I could shell out $250 for Wii, it's worth it. I already got the TV, I may even have a sister shell out $500 for a couple Wii so I could whip her a** online. hahahaha!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:10 pm
RAPTOR948
I Macar
Sailorcancer2004
Rockman JET

hell yeah, I could shell out $250 for Wii, it's worth it. I already got the TV, I may even have a sister shell out $500 for a couple Wii so I could whip her a** online. hahahaha!
But the real question is, can you defeat me online? 3nodding  

The_Ky-Guy

RAPTOR948

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:09 pm
The_Ky-Guy
RAPTOR948
I Macar
Sailorcancer2004
Rockman JET

But the real question is, can you defeat me online? 3nodding
not a problem for a veteran gamer, real gamers trust Nintendo above all else and adhere to those roots. I get a copy of Smash Bros BRAWL and I'll meet you online for a fierce BRAWL for ALL. you'll see why I'm called RAPTOR, and why I may be called "Oni no RAPTOR".  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:33 pm
I've heard the Wii will be about $250 American.
And here in Canada, it will be more expensive, despite the dollar being closer then ever.
Regardless, it'll be cheaper then the other systems.

Also, I heard the 360 will be getting a pricedrop. I don't recall if it was strickly the core system or not, but it'll still cost more the $250, I'd bet.

Regardless, even if there's a pricedrop, chances are it won't affect those buying a Wii.
Reason being, the Wii is going to be a totally different style of gaming. Those that wan't it, can't remedy it with a 360 or PS3, because those stick to what we're already used to.
The main reason people want Wii is because of how different it is. The same reason some don't like it.  

stythe

Nintendo Defenders

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff