Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
Feel Trip

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:06 pm
Welcome one and all!

I would like to invite you to join me and everyone else on a little journey....
A journey into our very souls.
A voyage that overflows our very concept of emotions.
One that will leave us with only a single feeling....
Feels.

Okay, dramatics aside, I would like to talk with everyone about moments and/or series in anime that took us on the emotional rollercoaster that is a feel trip.

These trips could be anything from moments of sorrow all the way to moments of absolute bliss.

I want to talk about the moments where at the end of it all we felt pure unadulterated feels. Extreme emotion that one would not necessarily expect from simply watching a tv show.

If you are able and would like to leave a video of said moment you are welcome to, or if you just want to describe the moment. That's fine as well.

That being said, this also means that there will be spoilers and you are not necessarily required to use a spoiler tag, so discretion is advised.

Depending on the content, also be sure it isn't anything inappropriate for the rules of gaia and the guild.

So, with all that said...… lets be off.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:29 pm
Okay, I'm going to start with one of the first feel moments that ever actually struck a cord with me.
I believe it's around episode 15 of the series Black Lagoon.
I know this series isn't exactly the most sunshine and rainbow setting, but still....

So, the general premise of the bit is that assassins known as the Vampire twins (named Hansel and Gretel) try to kill Balalaika (who is a major big shot in the area) and fail.
In the process Hansel gets killed and the main cast end up capturing Gretel.
With Gretel only being a child it doesn't sit well with Rock (main male protagonist) to just turn her over so he convinces the rest of the crew to help find a place for her to start over.
They go through a bit of trouble and end up learning about the twins upbringing and they seem to actually get through to Gretel that she doesn't have to do those kinds of things anymore.

They finally get to a location that should be safe for her, since it's outside of Balalaika's jurisdiction or is suppose to be a neutral zone or something like that and have a nice little parting moment as they leave her with someone who will help them start over.

They get ready to leave, the episode is almost over, all seems well in the end.... and then this guy pulls a gun a shoots her in the head, simply because of the mafia group she had offended. She then stares off into the sky commenting about how lovely it was before collapsing.

At the end of the episode I was in absolute shock. My mind took about half the credits to register what just happened and then next thing I knew all I felt was a strong mixed feeling of sorrow and rage.

I can honestly say, there has never been a moment til that point in any anime I'd watched that made me feel so mad before. I had even contemplated dropping the series at that point.  

Zero the Crimson

Vermillion Bibliophile

✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces