Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:40 pm
They still couldn't believe it--even though they hadn't Impressed, simply being at the Hatching at all had been plenty good enough for them, and Alisaide got the feeling that they'd be walking on air for the next few sevendays. Who wouldn't be? They'd all gotten to be so close to what they'd been dreaming of since they'd become Candidates, and they now had the benefit of experience under their belts for next time!
Freckle and Marine had returned to take their places on Alisaide's shoulder, with Marine bringing along their journal as requested--how else were they going to write down everything they'd seen before heading off to the feast? They still had to get ready, of course, but they figured they could spare a few minutes to get some thoughts down in the meantime. There would be plenty more to get down on paper after the feast was done, but perhaps that segment of their notes would be better left until after they'd slept--even with all their excitement powering them, Alisaide didn't fancy their chances of staying awake through the entire night. There was only one problem with that plan, though--how else were they going to see what all the feast had to offer if they didn't stay for the whole thing?

It was on their way off the Sands that they spotted one of their fellow Candidates, still on the way out himself and looking a bit...crestfallen, to say the least. For a few moments, Alisaide couldn't figure out why--hadn't seeing the hatchlings been exhilarating? After it processed, they finally put two and two together: like them, he hadn't Impressed.
Hm. That wasn't something they could fix. But perhaps they could see about lifting his spirits just a tad...?

"Hey!" they called, trotting over to him in a small chorus of firelizard peeps as they held on tighter to compensate for the sudden movement. "Would you mind if I chatted you up for a little bit? You look...kind of sad. Which is sort of rude of me to say, I know, but--is there anything I can do to help?"

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:36 am
Crestfallen was a good word for it. Rhiyn felt better about not Impressing than last hatching, but the words from that blue had shaken him. If he didn’t adjust the way he thought, would he ever Impress? Demanthra was always saying he would eventually Impress. He wanted to believe that. But it sounded like a too optimistic slogan for the Weyr. No one knew if he would.

He looked up when he heard a voice. “Oh, hey,” he said. He recognized them from lessons. “Nah. We can chat.” He hesitated. They were a bit blunt, weren’t they? “I guess I am,” he admitted. “Do you want to grab a bubblypie from the kitchens?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:54 am
"I'd ask how it went for you, but, um. Well. Guess we've already been over that." Alisaide offered a sheepish smile, although their expression changed to something more quizzical when Freckle stretched his neck out toward Rhiyn--the smaller Blue could recognize that feeling of sadness, and he was by no means used to it. He offered a soft creel, eyes whirling yellow in concern as he stared down Rhiyn. "Wouuuld having something to pet make you feel a little better, maybe? 'Cause...I think Freckle here is about to make that decision for you."

Now that Rhiyn mentioned it, though--they realized they were a bit more hungry than they'd expected. A pie sounded wonderful right now, actually, although they'd have to be careful not to have too many and spoil their appetite for the feast.
"Honestly, that sounds really good? I'm sure there's a few we can snag before they start prepping for the main event."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:30 am
Firelizards were always good company. Rhiyn reaches out to pet the concerned blue. “My gold’s probably hysterical,” he admitted. “I left her with a friend. I’m okay,” he added, for the blue’s benefit.

Zara appeared overhead before curling around Rhiyn’s shoulders. She studied Alisaide and then Freckle, with green eyes.

“Yeah, they always have some to spare before the feasts,” Rhiyn smiles. “C’mon! I’m starved.” And disappoint always seemed to make hunger worse.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces