Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:03 pm
This was the only place she had ever known as home and yet a part of her wondered about life outside this pride. It was normal right? Her parents had come from somewhere beyond these lands and had made this place their permanent home but yet she still liked to hear stories of the lives they had before their lives here and it made her curious a bit. It also confused her a little, why some would choose that type of lives for themselves. Giving a small shrug the dark female with pink markings padded along, breathing in the chilling air, winter would be happening soon and this excited her, this would be her first winter and she hoped there was snow.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:10 pm
Qimmatli gave a long and drawn out yawn and a stretch before perusing about. In the time that she had spent here so far she had found it to be quiet. Peaceful. So anchored to death, yet so... alive? She had found it to be comforting, being in a group that felt so much like a family. She had also found comfort in the beliefs. In the idea of a place for souls to rest after death.

The lioness took a deep breath of the cool air, releasing it with a smile and a sigh before the figure of the black lioness caught her eye. She blinked, trying to recognize her, before calling out. "Hello!" she greeted, trotting up. "I... hm. I'm sorry, I can be dreadful with faces. Trying to get better with getting to know everyone. Have... Have we met?"

AstoriaFallen

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:58 pm
So wrapped up in her thoughts she neglected to realize she was no longer alone until a friendly voice called out. She was newer? She had seen her around but wasn't terribly good at names, though she was familiar to her. "I believe we have crossed paths in gatherings but have never spoke before now." Giving her a once over she was confident they hadnt spoken until this moment.

"My name is Isabis, what is your name?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:00 pm
"Isabis," Qi repeated to herself. Then, once more for good measure. She peered at the younger lioness a bit, matching the name to the face as best she could in her head, before she quirked her head to the side in response. "Yeah, probably. I guess I've never really been in a place like this where I had to memorize so many faces." A pause to think about what she had said. "That is to say, this is my first real, big, home."

The fact that the N'ezi-ozu wasn't really that large to begin with really spoke to how Qi's first home was really just a rag-tag little family that wandered here and there. "My name is Qimmatli, Isabis. It's nice to meet you."

The lioness looked around thoughtfully. "So. You born here? You one of the newcomers?"

AstoriaFallen

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:06 pm
There were a large number of lions that lived in the lands now, and more every year it seemed, even having been born and raised her it proved a tad difficult for her to recall them all.

"There are quite a few of us, but maybe it's nice to not know everyone, gives you something to look forward to by getting to meet someone new." Like their current interaction. They'd both been in the pride a decent amount of time together and yet neither could ar least recall having met before now.

"That's a lovely name Qimmatli, quite unique sounding. I like it a lot." Beaming brightly she was pleased that she was possibly making a future friend.

"I was born here, but my parents came from outside these lands."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:28 pm
Her smile turned warm and thoughtful as she thought about Isabis's words. "Mmm, yeah, that's true. Meeting people out in the rogue lands was always a welcome treat. I guess it's like that, here, except much more frequent." She gave a toothy smile that turned to a beam when she was complimented on her name. Qi didn't acknowledge it much further than that, though. She'd always been uncomfortable with compliments...

"Oh!" she exclaimed when Isabis explained her origins. "I remember a pregnant lioness and her mate that was welcomed about when I was. I was so excited that there were going to be little ones out and about. I didn't realize that joining a pride meant the possibility of having little cubs around."

Subconsciously, she inched closer with interest. "Did your parents ever talk to you about where they came from? How is it growing up in one place when your parents are from another? Does it ever feel... weird?" If she had become prying with her questions, she didn't seem to notice.

AstoriaFallen

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:32 pm
She wondered if that was her parents! As far as she could recall no other outsiders had come with a mate and had cubs, her and her siblings were the first of the new blood to be born upon the lands. Had it been so long already, she really shouldn't be such a recluse, maybe she'd of met Qi sooner than this.

"They did! She was part of a pride that is mainly females with a few males that lead and a couple of them are challengeable, which is how my father met my mother." She didnt want to ramble on if the other didnt want to hear any of the details, she just couldnt help all that tumbled forth before reeling it in.

"I... hmmm.." she hadnt really thought about it much? "I think it's an experience. Since my parents raised us a bit differently than those that are from these lands and have only known here." Did that give her an advantage? She wasnt really sure.

"What about you? Does it feel strange living in a place that wasnt where you were born?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:37 pm
Qi swished her tail back and forth with excitement at Isabis's story, and of the description of the pride that her parents had come from. "That's so intriguing!" she said with wonder, her eyes wide.

"Do you ever feel any sort of need to, like... go out there and see the world for yourself? To go see where your parents came from, or something? I always wondered if lions whose families have longstanding ties to a pride feel any more or less of a need to go explore..." her voice trailed off as she contemplated it for a minute.

"Me? Oh... hmmm... I mean, I suppose? It feels... different. At first I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. And then, I dunno, one day I just woke up and it just felt like home? If that makes sense?"

AstoriaFallen

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:43 pm
She would be lying if she said no. A part of her was curious and would always be curious about the lands outside of this pride but if her parents had spent all those years out there and decided this was the place to raise a family then she could live her without ever leaving and be content about that.

"I would like to know what is beyond the lands sometimes but I get enough stories from my parents that I can imagine. "

Listening to Qi explain the pride as suddenly being home one day she gave a nod. She could understand what she was saying even if she hadnt actually felt that way herself.

"I'm happy to hear that you've adjusted." Looking towards the sky she wondered if perhaps she should get heading back towards home. Maybe her and Qi could go for a walk, enjoy the few sites the lands had to offer.

"Would you care to walk with me?" Feeling a bit hopeful that she might say yes, then they could talk some more.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:51 pm
"Stories you say?" Qi asked. She moved to Isabis's side when she asked for a walking partner, bumping her hip to the black lioness's in a friendly gesture. "Then you're just in luck! I Fancy myself an Excellent storyteller. You might say that it was a bit of a specialty of mine before I came here. My family were traders and entertainers, and collecting stories was my forte!"

The cream-colored lioness looked to her new friend with a grin. "I would love nothing more than to take a stroll with you, Isa, if you would do me the honor of lending me an ear. I feel like I can only chat up so many of my new family members before they lock me up for driving them mad," she finished with a laugh, leading her companion on a stroll into the evening.
AstoriaFallen

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:52 pm
Pleased the other was going to take her up on her offer AND share some tales a wide grin spread across her face. "I'm all yours Ears Qi." Following alongside the paler female she was happy to meet someone who liked sharing stories as much as she liked to hear them.  
[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games